01-19-11, 07:15 AM   #1
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Mailing to Alts,

I was wondering if this was even possible. Basically it would be an addon that when launched would open up little drag and drop boxes for all the alts you have on server. Each box could list with info that can be selected to show (toon name, professions and secondary skills, role, level etc). You would open your bag and drag and drop items into each character slot/box. It would then grey out in your bag so you wouldn't accidently sell or put it in you bank. Then the next time you visit the mailbox, you could select a button that would then auto send everything you selected per toon.

The reason I came up with this was that I don't neccessary have a desire or need to preset up a list of items. I don't send all herbs to one character, the herbs are devided between the toons that can use them and as the toons level up I don't need the same herb/ore/regent to go to that toon. Consumables is a perfect example. I just happen to clear out a lower dungeon to get some thing done and shift all my consumables to the toon that can use those food things. But the next time I do that same dungeon the Alts would be a different alt.

I also like the thought of being able to set things up prior to actually being at the mail box and then having a qued auto mailing system per toon. Hopefully not sending the items one by one but in a group of twelve.

Any supporter or Authors out there think this is worth considering?
01-20-11, 08:41 AM   #2
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
If such an addon exists/ed, I would so use this.

click - that goes to my de'r.
click - that goes to my jc.
click click click click - all that goes to my bank alt.
then next time i'm at a mailbox, I just sit still for 30 sec while the addon fills in the names, attaches, and sends them off.

that would be so neat.
01-20-11, 09:29 AM   #3
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
that would be an awesome addon...
01-20-11, 10:13 AM   #4
Othgar
"That" Guy

Agreed! I want that addon...ok so we have interest if minimal now who's up for some coding, because I suck at lua...

01-20-11, 12:49 PM   #5
NitraMo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Othgar View Post
Agreed! I want that addon...ok so we have interest if minimal now who's up for some coding, because I suck at lua...
A great opportunity for you to get better at it! :D
01-20-11, 04:25 PM   #6
Othgar
"That" Guy

Originally Posted by NitraMo View Post
A great opportunity for you to get better at it! :D
If I had time between work, and house hunting I would take a shot at it. As it is 12 hour overnight shifts don't leave me much time for anything. I've even dropped my raid spot until things settle down. If no one picks this up in a couple of months though I will take a whack at it.

01-20-11, 10:24 PM   #7
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
The name has changed, but

Quick Auctions 3 / Auction Profit Master / Trade Skill Master

has this. I've got it setup to auto mail certain items to certain characters. It's really convenient when you've got hundreds of things to disenchant, for example.
01-21-11, 05:40 AM   #8
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
^^ I'm under the impression to use this you have to prelist the items you want sent. That's fine if I get the same items all the time and they all need the same things all the time. (like when a toon is at 85 or twink leveled and won't go higher).

I was hoping for one on the fly becuase the odd of me having the same stuff 3 weeks in a row needing to give them to the exact same toon 3 weeks in a row isn't going to happen with my play style.

I need a fluid list that just worries about what I have currently and what I want to mail currently. I won't want to send dresses or bags to the same alt all the time. I have 3 different herbalist all on different skill sets and I'd have to ajust the list every time they're needs change. If my main stubbles across an herb I want them to just notice A just past that so I'll send it to B but next week c will need 12 of them.

But I will be spending the weekend using trade skill so if it will work for my mail needs I'll be the first to mention it.

I said Mail Needs giggle
01-28-11, 08:06 AM   #9
Othgar
"That" Guy

Well I guess I'm going to take whack at writing this. It'll be my first addon and I work alot so I wouldn't expect it very soon but I will be working on it. If anyone has any help ideas or suggestions please throw them my way, lord know I need all the help I can get lol

So far to me it seems like one way to do this would be to create virtual bags like baggins does, that would store the items to be mailed, and each bag would be labeled with the alts name and skill/skill level the items are being mailed to. Each bag would have a max of 12 slots since that the max allowed number of items in a sent mail (right?). An in game config seems manditory so you specify the alts to put on the "mailing list".

Wow the deep end looks a whole lot deeper right before you throw yourself in lol Wish me luck!

Last edited by Othgar : 01-28-11 at 08:07 AM. Reason: inability to type.....
01-28-11, 09:22 AM   #10
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Thank you .. That would be awesome. I have no logical talent for scripting addons. I barely made it through HTML much less an understanding of Java. You might want to consider some way to click an additional bag for an alt if you want to send more then 12. Maybe a little plus at the top then another back would open under their name. I'm sending you virtual cookies I want you to know that. Lotz and lots of gooey chocolate cookies. YUMMM
02-02-11, 06:53 AM   #11
Vranx
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Bulk Mail will let you set up mailing items to alts.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-BulkMail.html
02-03-11, 01:35 AM   #12
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Thanks. I actually tried to use Bulk Mail but the rules I wasn't able to change quick enough. I never know what I want to send and to who untill that day. Having something I can just openly drag and assign anywhere and then when I get to the mailbox send away automatically, so I don't forget (which happens alot) is what I'm really focused on. Having rules just aren't flexible enough for me.
02-03-11, 07:02 PM   #13
Othgar
"That" Guy

I hate to say it, but I doubt I'm going to be able to do much with this for a few months. I've got more overtime coming my way at work than I know what to do with. As of today I'm doing 60 hour weeks for the next month at least. If I get some time I'll keep at it, but if anyone else wants to pick this up it would undoubtedly get done quicker.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mailing to Alts,