11-05-08, 08:24 AM   #21
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
May I ask which part you do not agree with Silenia?
11-05-08, 08:45 AM   #22
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by syrupk View Post
May I ask which part you do not agree with Silenia?
Doesn't matter really, Syrupk. It all basically boils down to showing the same respect to graphic artists that you would to a UI or addon author/programmer. The regulars here wouldn't dream of snagging a UI/addon, slapping it up here with a link back, and then asking for permission later, or assuming that since they wont sue you then it's perfectly okay to redistribute.

We respect the UI creators and addon authors by not infringing on their legal rights, so why are the graphic artists for these games being treated differently?

Last edited by Petrah : 11-05-08 at 08:50 AM.
11-05-08, 10:04 AM   #23
syrupk
A Cliff Giant

No offense but obviously you haven't taken a look around. You cannot say the regulars aren't doing it, because they are. I'm in the process of getting ready to clean up my compilations on here and take out my copyrighted button facade skins because I wasn't even AWARE that their was a license inside that package. How many people don't even know that it's there?

I'm a regular, I'm doing it, and I didn't even know it!
11-05-08, 11:30 AM   #24
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by syrupk View Post
No offense but obviously you haven't taken a look around. You cannot say the regulars aren't doing it, because they are. I'm in the process of getting ready to clean up my compilations on here and take out my copyrighted button facade skins because I wasn't even AWARE that their was a license inside that package. How many people don't even know that it's there?

I'm a regular, I'm doing it, and I didn't even know it!
You're right. I haven't taken a look around with the absolute intention of hunting down Addons and UI's that are not supposed to be uploaded here. Why would I do that? The forum admins take care of that end. But hey, if you say that regulars are taking other peoples addons (as is), other peoples UI's (as is) and are redistributing them here, then that is something you need to tell the admins.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Question about Texture and Copyrights