10-28-12, 07:56 PM   #1
Hanter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Suggestion idea for carbonite

Sometimes it takes a lot of looking at the maps to find a path that would lead you to your destination and of you leave a marker of where you want to go its only a straight line. I was thinking that there can be a feature where you can mark on the map a series of locations that you can then travel to in a line and that way you can make your own path weather its flight or on foot.

This would be for some people who don't have the flight paths or for people who like me have low level friends who want to get to dungeons such as Shadowfang Keep where there is no flight path nearby or to it and i would have to lead the low level friend along the path. I would then have to constantly open and close the map making sure i am on the correct path to the dungeon. With this idea i could look at the map once and mark target points along the path i want to take and then close the map and watch the pointer to tell me where the next checkpoint is. By doing this i wont have to use the map at all till i get there or have another need for it.

10-28-12, 11:49 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
You can already do this, with waypoints.

10-28-12, 11:54 PM   #3
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
QFT, also thats what multi person mounts are for

10-29-12, 09:29 AM   #4
Hanter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Well its not seeming to work for me. I have to lay down a string of notes along the path and hope my carbonite minimap dont shift and use that to follow a path.
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
QFT, also thats what multi person mounts are for
And for some of us who dont have them??

This idea stems from a problem i had yesterday. I was leading a friend to tank him through some dungeons and when heading to Wailing Caverns and i almost got lost cause i took the wrong path and almost was heading in the wrong direction.

Last edited by Hanter : 10-29-12 at 09:32 AM.

10-30-12, 05:00 PM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Or, you could simply ask your friend to get Carbonite, then spend a little time helping to install and configure it.

I know it's not the most desireable answer to your question; it's just a thought.

10-30-12, 08:27 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could also take a look at This Thread about how to make "favorites". You can also use the method explained to map out a custom route for any reason.

If your friend has a coordinates display, you could always have them fly into the nearest flight point, then tell them which direction to head on a road that comes closest to where you're both going, give them the coordinates to turn off the road, and the coordinates for the entrance to where you are going. No need for a complicated routing scheme, just a set of coordinates and a direction to go from the nearest flight point.

I remember doing this to get to Wailing Caverns when I first started playing WoW (about 4 years ago now, and before I got Carbonite), and I had no idea where it was. My son did this for me and I easily found it.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-30-12 at 08:35 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Suggestion idea for carbonite