01-15-08, 09:19 AM   #1
Dhaos
A Defias Bandit
XML Editing: of Fonts, Action Buttons, Minimap, & Chat Boxes

Hello, I am at a loss at how to do the following via xml:
1)Change the font (from the default say to lucidia console) of a given string.
2)Change the font size of a given string.
3)If I want my Addon to overwrite, or rather replace, the default interface, do I simply Hide() blizzard's various default interfaces and only make mine visible at any time? Or is there a way to modify the originals?

*Please note I have done a length search on the above questions, I just can't find the information or get what little I did find to work.

I am also curious if any of these are possible via xml/lua:
(these are things I wish to delve later)
A) Change/Show the minimap as a square instead of a cutoff circle.
B) Create a cleaner skill/ability viewer. (I don't want to see shadowbolt rank 1-5, just whichever one is my highest) Perhaps a drop-down or edit box would be hand to switch which version I'm using... if I could ever think of a non pvp reason to.
C) Create a cleaner tabbed profession interface. Tabs (for major categories) instead of those nasty collapsible lengthy lists.
D) Is there a quick and dirty way (without using someone else's addon) to shift DEFAULT elements around via xml? (I was hoping to have the chat and character/minion hp at the very bottom of the screen with action buttons etc above them.

Thanks for any and all help I receive, I'm trying to learn all I can right now so pretty much any guidance is greatly appreciated.
01-15-08, 09:32 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Moved to proper area of the forums.

Take a look at wowwiki if you haven't yet, and other mods (even if you don't want to use them) to learn from their code.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » XML Editing: of Fonts, Action Buttons, Minimap, & Chat Boxes