12-10-08, 12:52 PM   #21
redneck7433
A Defias Bandit
error message

ok here is the error message hope this helps figure out the problem. copied right from error screen on wow

...\addons\equipcompare\equipcompare.lua line 1276
attempt to compare numer with nil

debug
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
equipcompare\equipcompare.lua:1276
equipcompare_showcompare()
equipcompare\equipcompare.lua:1123
equipcompare_showcompare():765 equipcompare_onupdate()
[string" *:Onupdate"]:1:
[string" *:Onupdate"]:1
12-19-08, 06:35 AM   #22
Psprocket
A Defias Bandit
EQC for melee shaman?

Is there anyway to get EQC to show for a melee shaman (strength, attack power) rather than spell power/mana regen, etc...
12-19-08, 10:20 AM   #23
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
EquipCompare doesn't show any sort of statistics like that. It just shows the compare tooltip. You probably have RatingBuster installed, in which case there are tons of options for it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-19-08, 06:44 PM   #24
Psprocket
A Defias Bandit
shaman

Actually, I believe it is EQC, when you hover over an item, it will display two windows, one for the item currently equipped and one that could be equipped with the breakdown of stats (-400 mana, +400 health, +44 attack power, etc....) For the shaman, it only will display the caster info, not the melee info... I messed with the settings with a bit to see if I could fix it, no luck... Any clues?
12-19-08, 10:23 PM   #25
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No. It's not EquipCompare doing that. It is either RatingBuster or a similar addon.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-24-08, 05:28 AM   #26
madbandituk
A Kobold Labourer

Exclamation Compare error log

Hi Guys and Gals, hopefully someone can help.
I mouse-over an item, the error appears, I clear the error and i have a gold amount appear over item details.
(running 3.0.3, BC - not LK yet)

I've copied and pasted the error I am getting in WoW. It reports a error in EQC, the log also includes a list of all other addons i use, incase anyone reckons its one of those conflicting. Its basically the same error that Redneck7433 is getting.

If anyone can shed any light on the matter then that would be great.
Attached Files
File Type: txt EquipCompare error.txt (2.9 KB, 1150 views)
12-24-08, 06:17 AM   #27
Psprocket
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
No. It's not EquipCompare doing that. It is either RatingBuster or a similar addon.
lol yes it is eqc... rating buster will display the points in brackets next to the attribute gain, eqc will show a green amount (for a gain) or a red amount (for a loss) below... i fiddled with the thing for an hour and can not get the shaman's melee comparison to show, the mana/mana regen/spell power shows...
12-24-08, 06:58 AM   #28
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Psprocket, hate to say this but you are mistaken and Seerah is correct in this, I logged in to my character and disabled all my addons EXCEPT EquipCompare and it does not compare stats as you are describing. And in fact to make sure there wasn't a setting for it in equip compare I checked the options and I believe the only options EquipCompare has is to show on certain modifiers instead of all the time, to disable it and actually I think those are all the options. So I would recommend checking your addon screen for each addon you might have that affects tooltips as you might find what you are looking for. Below I have posted what equip compare does with a link I clicked on from the chat window and I assure you it looks the same even if I had moused over the actual item.

This is all EquipCompare does. So unless you have some weird funky version of equipcompare which I doubt its most likely ratingbuster or another addon like it as previously stated by Seerah.
Click image for larger version

Name:	equipcompare.JPG
Views:	496
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	2136

- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Miralen : 12-24-08 at 07:03 AM.
01-26-09, 03:28 PM   #29
Elariah
Premium Member

Premium Member
Is there a way to make the scale of these tooltips the same as a normal one?

They always seem to be about 80-90% the size of the main one being hovered over.
01-26-09, 06:04 PM   #30
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
My guess is that EquipCompare uses the default compare tips - they are naturally smaller.

02-11-09, 07:31 AM   #31
Krakenheim
A Kobold Labourer
Hi

I have noticed that eqc (as installed) dont takes into account: socketed gems, enchantments, and set bonus.

Is there anyway of make it count them ?

Thanks a lot
02-11-09, 09:15 AM   #32
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Please read up a few posts. EquipCompare doesn't compare item stats.

03-25-09, 11:40 PM   #33
Legorol
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is an addon called EQCompare, which does stat comparison, which is quite different from EquipCompare. People often mistake the two for each other.
08-15-09, 10:59 AM   #34
GeoRam
A Murloc Raider
Hi
Itīs there an update with the wow patch 3.2??
11-05-09, 08:33 AM   #35
Khisanth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi,
Before WotLK I used EC + CharactersViewer but with bugs and CV not updated I switched to another addon.

Now I want to use EC again but I still need an addon to see the stuff used on my alts. Can someone tells me if there's some compatibles with EC ?
12-09-10, 11:45 AM   #36
jrking08
A Kobold Labourer
Wont Install

I unzipped the file into my WoW addons folder. However it doesn't show up in the addons list and it obviously doesn't work in game. Is there something I'm missing or didn't do?
12-09-10, 04:16 PM   #37
ballagarba
A Fallenroot Satyr

Try tekKompare instead.
02-19-13, 10:31 AM   #38
MrBunch82
A Defias Bandit

Exclamation Error when I scroll over range weapons

Everytime I scroll over a Ranged weapon (Bow, Gun, Wands) I recieve an error message. I attached a screen shot of what the error message looks like. Also when I scroll over the ranged weapon it does not show any comparison. I hope this will help make this add on even better. Aside from this issue I love this add on! Keep up the great work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_021713_100233.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	317.3 KB
ID:	7574  
02-19-13, 01:26 PM   #39
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
It hasnt been up dated. I had to drop it along time ago. WIsh there was one like it.
02-19-13, 01:57 PM   #40
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kasca View Post
It hasnt been up dated. I had to drop it along time ago. WIsh there was one like it.
The game has this feature built in, and has for a long time. You can even toggle it so it stays on. If you don't toggle it on all the time, hold down the <Shift> when hovering your mouse over items.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » EquipCompare