12-12-09, 06:12 PM   #1
VagabondClown
A Murloc Raider
World map moving?

I looked through the threads for this, but can't find any. Sorry if I'm being repetitive.

I just downloaded the newest version (5.06.05) of nUI+ after seeing it was released and that it handles movement of the world map. However, I can't get mine to actually move at all. Is there an option you have to turn on somewhere, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

12-12-09, 06:18 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
/nui movers is the command to activate the moving ability.

You will then see several 'red' I think boxes. One of them will be what you are looking for so hover over them until you see the name of the one you want then you can move and reposition it.

/nui movers is a toggle command so use it to move things and then again to stop moving things

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-12-09, 06:29 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Actually, in this case, it's draggable while open -- you mouse over the edges of the map until you see the "drag to move" tooltip and then you can move the map. It does not "remember" where you place it though.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-12-09, 07:11 PM   #4
VagabondClown
A Murloc Raider
Actually, yeah... I came back to post that I had found out that if your mouse is over the very thin border you can move it. I happened upon that by accident.

Sorry for the time waste regarding this question, though I thank you for the quick reply.

There are a few other things I wanted to ask about, though I'm unsure of whether I should just ask here since I'm posting or create new threads.

I use ACP (the in-game addon manager). However, whenever I change something and do a UI reload, it messes up my party frames. As in, it won't show them. At all. Not even mine. I have to exit the game and delete the nUI files in the WTF folder to get them back. The newsletter said that if we mention things like this they'd get looked into. I was just wondering if that were possible in this situation, or if it's a lost cause in this case.

Also, I get an LUA error whenever entering the game. What I get in the error box is below:

Message: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitRole.lua:796: attempt to index upvalue 'texture' (a nil value)
Time: 12/12/09 20:07:57
Count: 2
Stack: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitRole.lua:796: in function `updateRoleFrame'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitRole.lua:482: in function `newUnitInfo'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCache.lua:647: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCache.lua:591>

Locals: self = <table> {
updateLevelFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLevel.lua:590
refreshReadyCheckCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitReadyCheck.lua:358
unregisterClassCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitClass.lua:476
deletePortraitFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPortrait.lua:596
notifyCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCache.lua:850
deleteLevelFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLevel.lua:566
createUnit = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_Unit.lua:323
registerCombatCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCombat.lua:190
configFeedbackColor = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitFeedback.lua:567
configCastBar = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCasting.lua:412
deletePvPFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPvp.lua:568
refreshThreatCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitThreat.lua:540
registerPortraitCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPortrait.lua:276
refreshComboPointsCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitComboPoints.lua:321
hideTooltip = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitFrame.lua:235
getUnitInfo = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCache.lua:673
createRoleFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitRole.lua:424
registerPvPCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPvp.lua:270
refreshFeedbackCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitFeedback.lua:847
updateComboPointsInfo = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitComboPoints.lua:290
createPvPFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPvp.lua:436
registerHappinessCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitHappiness.lua:376
refreshRestingCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitResting.lua:300
updatePvPFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPvp.lua:592
createGCDFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitGCD.lua:208
configFeedback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitFeedback.lua:552
updatePortraitFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPortrait.lua:620
registerFeedbackCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitFeedback.lua:606 unregisterStatusCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitStatus.lua:289
deletePowerFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPower.lua:811
updateLabelInfo = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLabel.lua:308
createRunesFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitRunes.lua:453
deleteCombatFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCombat.lua:441
configAura = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:1098
unregisterGCDCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitGCD.lua:195
createLabelFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLabel.lua:364 refreshRangeCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitRange.lua:588
registerComboPointsCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitComboPoints.lua:210
updateGCDFrame = <function> defined @Interface\Add

I'm sorry it cuts there. That's all it shows to me. It shows this error with ACP disabled, too, in case you're wondering.

Sorry - update: It also pops up when I click on people/pets in my party. Also on targeted enemies. It doesn't KEEP popping up over and over, but it will pop up again if I click off of them and click on them again.

Editing again: I've gone back to the former version of nUI (5.06.04), as it has none of the errors that I'm getting above (including the one with ACP). I'm going to leave the questions here if only to call your attention to them. Thanks again!

Last edited by VagabondClown : 12-12-09 at 07:21 PM.

12-12-09, 07:18 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This is atually a bug that I just introduced /sigh

I'm going to put out another update as soon as I can prove the fix works... if you want to test it for me, please see my post in this thread... http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29169

Please let me know if it fixes the problem for you?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-12-09, 07:20 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
If that isn't related to your ACP problems I can check those out during the week. I use that addon myself. So assuming the addon itself still works I'll see if I can get the same problem occuring.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-12-09, 07:34 PM   #7
VagabondClown
A Murloc Raider
I'd love to test the fix for you. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks!

Edit: Fix worked perfectly. No more errors. ACP is back to working as it should as well.

Last edited by VagabondClown : 12-12-09 at 09:36 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » World map moving?