08-08-08, 08:13 PM   #481
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
There were some names that we didn't send because we felt, in our opinions, that the mods in question were too "Hello World'-ish.
08-08-08, 08:42 PM   #482
Equitoen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
There were some names that we didn't send because we felt, in our opinions, that the mods in question were too "Hello World'-ish.
Was mine one of the ones that was not sent?
08-08-08, 08:43 PM   #483
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I'm not about to answer that question in a public forum, I have a little more discretion than that.
08-08-08, 09:07 PM   #484
WingEU
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Define, "Hello World'ish" .
08-08-08, 09:15 PM   #485
Dhargo
An Aku'mai Servant
Okay, I'm sorry, but I absolutely can't resist any more. I have to give in to being human .... I told you so!

All the fussing because the keys weren't here yet. I told you I told you I told you! Hah!

ROFL

The sad thing was - I saw the email at 5:00 am, then had to work 6:00 to 6:00 - got home and now have to wait for the character copy (it says just 2 hours so cross your fingers). I did, however, already have the client installed ....

Now, how can I convince our friends that they don't *really* want me to go to the Bite on the waterfront tomorrow? I'm taking suggestions.
08-09-08, 06:49 PM   #486
Fireproof213
A Cyclonian

is a simple mod a hello world mod? 'cause I'm sort of a noob mod writer and both the mods I've made are for simple purposes like announcing that you're entering combat (which for some reason got favorited :P)
08-09-08, 07:04 PM   #487
Mmoose
Premium Member
Argh!

created the account, did the transfer, downloaded and updated the client, but the character copy still shows as pending. Has been sitting there almost 24 hours now, it says 3 hours on the estimated time. Anyone else having this issue?

BTW Thanks so much C

Mm
08-09-08, 07:30 PM   #488
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Two of mine are stuck at pending right now.
08-09-08, 07:37 PM   #489
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Hm.

Luckily, I got through immediately when I copied them the night we got the keys
08-09-08, 08:17 PM   #490
Mmoose
Premium Member
back to praising Cairenn
and grumbling about the wait

--
Can I go ahead and log into the beta and create a DK? on the beta page it says "Please wait for all transfers before logging in" I'd prefer to not destroy any hope I have of getting in there without getting a confirmation.

Mm

Last edited by Mmoose : 08-09-08 at 08:27 PM.
08-09-08, 09:03 PM   #491
Dhargo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Mmoose View Post
back to praising Cairenn
and grumbling about the wait

--
Can I go ahead and log into the beta and create a DK? on the beta page it says "Please wait for all transfers before logging in" I'd prefer to not destroy any hope I have of getting in there without getting a confirmation.

Mm
Well - I got tired of waiting for the character copy (the weekend will be over soon and it'll be 5 more 12 hour workdays before I can do anything in beta) so I made a DK. I hope that doesn't wreck the character copy that was in progress.
08-09-08, 09:04 PM   #492
Kemortia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I played my DK while waiting for my toon to transfer, didn't seem to make a difference.
08-11-08, 07:04 AM   #493
Okhlopkov
A Defias Bandit

I must have been lucky. All my characters transferred in less than 10 minutes total.
08-11-08, 10:13 AM   #494
Archippus
A Cyclonian
If the beta key screen shows a ticket number, and we get the message that "The ticket below shows your WoWInterface Beta ID number and the email address given to Blizzard," is it safe to assume that our info really was sent? Or, was there a secondary pruning process even after ticket numbers were given out?

Thanks!
~Arch
08-11-08, 03:41 PM   #495
Conj
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Archippus View Post
If the beta key screen shows a ticket number, and we get the message that "The ticket below shows your WoWInterface Beta ID number and the email address given to Blizzard," is it safe to assume that our info really was sent? Or, was there a secondary pruning process even after ticket numbers were given out?
This just means that you're signed up in wowinterface.com's records. It's really the "Beta ID number and the email address that will be given to Blizzard." The admins here send out the updated list of email addresses to Blizzard every week, usually on Monday, in a big batch. Once Blizzard receives the big update of weekly emails, it's up to them to decide when to send you the actual key (which is usually a Thursday or Friday, depending on whether or not Blizzard needs more testers.) Hope that clears things up!
08-11-08, 06:27 PM   #496
grennon
A Kobold Labourer
All those keys gone? I promise to update my mods with working versions if i get on beta.
08-11-08, 06:31 PM   #497
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Archippus View Post

Thanks!
~Arch
Yes, we go through and check what each author has uploaded before we send the list, since there is no way to automate checking whether it's a "hello world" type mod or not. So yeah, it does ultimately come down to a judgement call on our part.

Originally Posted by grennon View Post
All those keys gone? I promise to update my mods with working versions if i get on beta.
But do you promise to keep them updated?

If they are current now, you can still apply for a key, I send a batch in every Monday until Blizz tells me to stop.
08-18-08, 11:49 AM   #498
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
673 - 724 just got emailed to Blizzard. Keys may arrive the end of this week, may not show up for a month or more, no idea. Entirely up to Blizz at this point. They will send the key to you directly (which is why we ask you to confirm your email address when you signed up).
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-18-08, 01:38 PM   #499
Archippus
A Cyclonian
673 - 724 just got emailed to Blizzard. Keys may arrive the end of this week, may not show up for a month or more, no idea. Entirely up to Blizz at this point. They will send the key to you directly (which is why we ask you to confirm your email address when you signed up).

Well, I'm 603 which is presumably from last week's batch, and nothing yet from Blizzard... just as a standard to go by for time.
08-18-08, 01:57 PM   #500
Striph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm assuming we're just a week behind, i know that a ton of normal opt-ins went out Thurs/Friday so that probably got in the way of the UI giveaway keys. (or at least i'm hoping!) I was 649 and nothing yet either so I'm still crossing my fingers.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Mod Author WotLK Beta Key Give-Away discussion thread