09-23-08, 09:47 AM   #1
Dyjo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looking for specific addon(s)

Hello,

I am a Raidwatcher for a long time now. And I still havent found something that is of much use. I hope someone can help me

Things I seek:
-Something to track spells and abilities. (for example castingbars on raidframes, another screen for instant casts)
-Something to track incoming healing spells(not grid as everyone has to have it)
-Something to calculate the exact amount of hp on a mob.
-Something to list everything that happens, like the combatlog but then on class, role..or something like that. (Not WWS as Im using that now but doesnt show me the things IN raid)

I know its quite alot I ask, but does someone know something that can do one of these things? Thanks in advance.
09-23-08, 05:10 PM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dyjo View Post
-Something to calculate the exact amount of hp on a mob.
MobInfo2 does this, you won't have the exact hp number because that's not possible to guess but you have the overall amount, that's accurate

Originally Posted by Dyjo View Post
-Something to list everything that happens, like the combatlog but then on class, role..or something like that.
Seems you need a better combat log so why not go for a good and updated damage meter like Recount, it stores a lot of infos per characters
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
09-25-08, 12:30 AM   #3
Dyjo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
MobInfo2 doesnt show on X-perl frames. Any else?

Now it reminds me: Any1 knows where to change your fonts? Done it once but dont know how anymore. Thanks in advance.
09-25-08, 05:44 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

For X-Perl you should be able to use MobInfo2 however again the same conditions I spell out in the next paragraph do apply. Make sure you are using the 2.4.3 version of X-Perl, NOT the version that is WotLK compatible.

One thing to note: any mod that provides mob HP data will be obsolete once Patch 3.02 hits the Live servers as Unit Frames will able to display the exact HP of any mob by default. Currently any type of mob health AddOn can only give an estimate (however that estimate does get better once you have seen that mob a few times), however come Patch 3.02, you will be able to get the exact HP from WoW, no estimation or AddOns needed.

To track incoming heals you just need a mod that has LibHealComm-3.0 support baked in. Grid is the best known example however other mods such VuhDu (a new mod geared toward healers that is in the same vein as Healbot), PitBull, sRaidFrames, ag_UnitFrames (the beta version on the WoWAce SVN "branches", LHC is packaged in the ag_Extras mod). There are others that I have not mentioned or found yet.

If you want to see cast bars in your Raid Frames, Pitbull does allows you to see cast bars in you Raid Frames. However Pitbull does take a while to set up and it is not the most memory friendly mod if you have tight system resources.

To keep track of everything, you may want to look at Recount. This mod is pretty powerful when comes to keeping track of Raid stats. WWS can pull Recount data for uploading to their site, there may be other sites that can pull Recount data.

To change your fonts you can use a mod like Clearfont 2 or you can create a Fonts folder in your WoW directory. You will then need to drop up to four font files into that new folder and name them as follows:

skurri.TTF
ARIALN.ttf
FRIZQT__.ttf
MORPHEUS.ttf

You can use the same font four all four however you need to rename your custom fonts to override the default font. I use this method and use the font Myriad Pro. I simple copied it four times then renamed each copy with one of the four font names I have listed.

Last edited by Zyonin : 09-25-08 at 06:01 AM.
09-26-08, 07:32 AM   #5
Dyjo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks Lyko got me sorted for the most.

Tho I wonder something else: Is there something so you can put logos in your UI? Or on background of everything?
09-27-08, 03:13 AM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

eePanels2, kgPanels, Discord Art (DART), all allow you to use custom art in your UI. This includes things like logos. One thing to remember about using custom art is the following:

- Image files must be saved in as .tgas WITH an alpha channel OR as a .blp (Blizzard's image format). There are converters that will convert other formats such as .pngs into .blp

- File dimensions must be in a power of 2 starting at 16px. So any combo of 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512. Example a 128x16 sized image. In theory you can use up to 1024 however I have never seen anything larger than 512
09-27-08, 06:35 AM   #7
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
eePanels2, kgPanels, Discord Art (DART), all allow you to use custom art in your UI. This includes things like logos. One thing to remember about using custom art is the following:

- Image files must be saved in as .tgas WITH an alpha channel OR as a .blp (Blizzard's image format). There are converters that will convert other formats such as .pngs into .blp

- File dimensions must be in a power of 2 starting at 16px. So any combo of 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512. Example a 128x16 sized image. In theory you can use up to 1024 however I have never seen anything larger than 512

as of late i've been noticing i can use PNG files as well, with the same result as the TGA's have, this saves a bunch of converting and stuff you normally need to do, and you can now directly

edit png > save > reload UI > see result

you have to use those basic size guidelines for everything you make as explained above, if you don't you get some pretty freakish results, if your art addon accepts the art that is.

best way is to have a standard template of 512x512 and make your creations in that, since it has the dimensions required and you have a pretty big "workspace " to work on so in the end it doesn't matter if your art is only 420x200 for example. it will be accepted since you have the required width and height.

best thing i found so far is eePanels2, its nice and easy to use, i've used kGpanels but i couldn't really get used to it, neither could i get used to DART and such.

Greetz,

CM
09-27-08, 10:41 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
420x200 will not work, as they are not powers of 2. Power of =/= multiple of. And I was not aware that they added png to the list of accepted formats. When was this?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-27-08, 11:10 AM   #9
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
420x200 will not work, as they are not powers of 2. Power of =/= multiple of. And I was not aware that they added png to the list of accepted formats. When was this?
if you go for a 512x512 "workspace" and put a smaller image on top of it with a transparent background for example, you would still have the power of 2 requirement for wow even though you use a somewhat smaller image inside of it, dunno how to explain it better. maybe if i say a square in a square that would explain what i meant? but it would also mean that since 512x512 is mostly used, you have a bigger space to work on even though you only created a small image in the end in that "workspace".

dunno when they changed it, was messing about with eePanels a while ago and i was blindly typing in the folder\name.png instead of tga and it worked, think it's been like a month ago or so. dunno if this is blizz or a feature from eePanels, or maybe a glitch i had
09-28-08, 07:26 AM   #10
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by contramundi View Post
if you go for a 512x512 "workspace" and put a smaller image on top of it with a transparent background for example, you would still have the power of 2 requirement for wow even though you use a somewhat smaller image inside of it, dunno how to explain it better. maybe if i say a square in a square that would explain what i meant? but it would also mean that since 512x512 is mostly used, you have a bigger space to work on even though you only created a small image in the end in that "workspace".

dunno when they changed it, was messing about with eePanels a while ago and i was blindly typing in the folder\name.png instead of tga and it worked, think it's been like a month ago or so. dunno if this is blizz or a feature from eePanels, or maybe a glitch i had
The best way to put that into words is to say you your image uses a canvass that is 512x512. That covers everything from your background layer (the 512 sized transparent layer) to the 400x200 top layer.

I was not aware that PNGs was added to the list of formats that can be used. I will have to explore this. However in the meantime I will stick to the proven formats of .tga and .blp

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for specific addon(s)