10-01-07, 07:46 AM   #121
scorn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

interesting way to do it:

I had my mazzle 1.0 set up exactly as I wated it to be on Friday. Before attempting anything, I completely backed up mt wtf and addons folders by putting them into a compressed folder (.zip, .rar).

I didn't know 1.1 existed until I came on to this site after the patch. I downloaded 1.1 and placed the add-ons overtop of the ones already in the interface folder. I also replaced the font folder in the WoW program folder.

I entered the game and the mazzlfier came up. I ran an update and let it run. I then logged out, put the patch files in there.. careful to put the -- beside the error speach item to exclude it.

I opened the game again and ran the update mode to update any new version numbers, then logged out.

I then updated the add-ons using the WowAceUpdater, making sure to follow the add-on update instructions at the begining of this post.

Everything works perfectly except for the slight error with context menu, but that was to be expected.
10-01-07, 08:10 AM   #122
dsmithmd
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Greenthumb
If you updated bongos to Bongos2, mazzle's Mazzify feature will not set up the buttons for you.

You will have to manually configure them.

I finally had to install Bongos2 as I simply could not play on my lvl 36 shadowpriest. I could not buff or heal (don't have shadowform yet) unless I was paged on top with those spells and shadow spells below. I tried running through the different pages but to no avail. So, I gave in and did Bongos2. Works fine and I can play, but had to configure the buttons myself.

Now I am stuck though, as I play 3 different characters on 3 different computers and don't really want to have to go setting all that up at each computer. Plus, I really like Mazzle's hunter layout (my main is a hunter) and miss not having it with Bongos2.

Are there any other options for me to consider?

Will Mazzle UI be updated to work with Bongos2?

I am VERY thankful for all of the work done by everyone on these forums to get WoW's best UI back up and running.
10-01-07, 08:50 AM   #123
Kixyour
A Murloc Raider
well i dont know if im the only one or not but im getting this strange stuff on my screen. This is what I had done to simplify everything first. I deleted my wtf interface folders and installed mazzlui 1.1 then the patch then updated with ace updater like mentioned all through out this forum on this subject. Now if you look at the bottom of my screenshot to the left and the right and the center you will see stuff that does not belong, what have i done wrong if anyone can help to fix this.
10-01-07, 06:47 PM   #124
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
more problems...and getting worse...

Well....I thought everything was okay on my UI but unfortunately it's not. In the beginning there were only a few problems that didn't bother me much, but now they've gotten a bit worse and I really need some help before it gets worse.

First off, I have an issue with my armor and weapons. As I fight enemies, the durability percentage of my equipped items doesn't lower until I either 1) log out and log back in or 2) die and ask the soul reaper woman to resurrect me.

Secondly, the number of my character's HPs always changes whenever I log back in. Like one time it'll be something like 1003 and the next time I log in it'll be like 1085.

Another issue I have is with my quest log window and social window. Both of them are now stuck up at the upper left hand corner. I can't drag and drop because they're too far up for me to grab the top part of the windows to pull back down. Another thing about my quest log, the one I can open just by pressing "L" works fine until I open the next two windows that explains the quest more. Whenever I open one, my comp starts laggin or it'll just freeze up and I have to "Force Shutdown" my computer.

Other than those, I can't think of anything else that's going wrong but I don't want anything else to start messin up. I would greatly appreciate some help ASAP. I fear to lose my "Options" menu in the same place where my "Quest Log" and "Social" menus are.
10-01-07, 09:32 PM   #125
lectrcsprx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

No WTF file

When i downloaded it and unpacked it there was no WTF file in the folder....what should I do?
10-01-07, 10:18 PM   #126
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kixyour
well i dont know if im the only one or not but im getting this strange stuff on my screen. This is what I had done to simplify everything first. I deleted my wtf interface folders and installed mazzlui 1.1 then the patch then updated with ace updater like mentioned all through out this forum on this subject. Now if you look at the bottom of my screenshot to the left and the right and the center you will see stuff that does not belong, what have i done wrong if anyone can help to fix this.
I have no idea what that relog window is, so you have at least one add-on that's not part of the UI. Perhaps their are others as well.
10-01-07, 10:19 PM   #127
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by lectrcsprx
When i downloaded it and unpacked it there was no WTF file in the folder....what should I do?
You should go back and read the download description and the installation instructions.

(There's not supposed be a WTF folder. )
10-02-07, 07:21 AM   #128
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by dsmithmd
I finally had to install Bongos2 as I simply could not play on my lvl 36 shadowpriest. I could not buff or heal (don't have shadowform yet) unless I was paged on top with those spells and shadow spells below. I tried running through the different pages but to no avail. So, I gave in and did Bongos2. Works fine and I can play, but had to configure the buttons myself.

Now I am stuck though, as I play 3 different characters on 3 different computers and don't really want to have to go setting all that up at each computer. Plus, I really like Mazzle's hunter layout (my main is a hunter) and miss not having it with Bongos2.

Are there any other options for me to consider?

Will Mazzle UI be updated to work with Bongos2?

I am VERY thankful for all of the work done by everyone on these forums to get WoW's best UI back up and running.
One option for you would be to have two AddOns folders. I do this quite a bit while working on things. In fact, I have 4 different AddOns folders in my Interface folder right now. All you have to do is rename them to keep them separate. For safety I also rename my WTF folder to keep all of the settings separate too. So for example you could have two WTF folders, "WTF Mazzle1.1" and "WTF Bongos2". And two AddOns folders "AddOns Mazzle1.1" and "AddOns Bongos2". When you want to use one of them, you just rename the appropriate folders to WTF and AddOns. This requires you to completely close out WoW and restart it after you rename the folders rather than just switching characters, but it is an easy way to use the base MazzleUI on one character and your modified one on another.

I doubt that MazzleUI will be updated to use Bongos2 at this point. The current version will be fixed.

Last edited by meio : 10-02-07 at 07:31 AM.
10-02-07, 07:27 AM   #129
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by scorn
I had my mazzle 1.0 set up exactly as I wated it to be on Friday. Before attempting anything, I completely backed up mt wtf and addons folders by putting them into a compressed folder (.zip, .rar).

I didn't know 1.1 existed until I came on to this site after the patch. I downloaded 1.1 and placed the add-ons overtop of the ones already in the interface folder. I also replaced the font folder in the WoW program folder.

I entered the game and the mazzlfier came up. I ran an update and let it run. I then logged out, put the patch files in there.. careful to put the -- beside the error speach item to exclude it.

I opened the game again and ran the update mode to update any new version numbers, then logged out.

I then updated the add-ons using the WowAceUpdater, making sure to follow the add-on update instructions at the begining of this post.

Everything works perfectly except for the slight error with context menu, but that was to be expected.
Typically when installing MazzleUI you would not want to just copy the new version over the top of the old one. You can potentially run into some problems with that... problems that are easily avoided just by renaming your old AddOns folder and doing a clean installation. The ContextMenu has been fixed, if you read through some of the threads, I believe one of them would be "Mazzle 1.1 Fresh/New Installation after patch 2.2", you will find how to fix it.
10-02-07, 07:44 AM   #130
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by heavens-reject
First off, I have an issue with my armor and weapons. As I fight enemies, the durability percentage of my equipped items doesn't lower until I either 1) log out and log back in or 2) die and ask the soul reaper woman to resurrect me.
I have noticed this with the durability underneath the characters unit frame in the lower left hand side. However, the durability FuBar mod still works.

Secondly, the number of my character's HPs always changes whenever I log back in. Like one time it'll be something like 1003 and the next time I log in it'll be like 1085.
If you have different buffs on you when you logon/off your HP will be different. If this continues to occur, I would pay close attention to the buffs that you have on you when you log off as well as the durability of your equipment. If your equipment is broken you will not get any of the +stam benefits from it, which will affect your HP.
Another issue I have is with my quest log window and social window. Both of them are now stuck up at the upper left hand corner. I can't drag and drop because they're too far up for me to grab the top part of the windows to pull back down. Another thing about my quest log, the one I can open just by pressing "L" works fine until I open the next two windows that explains the quest more. Whenever I open one, my comp starts laggin or it'll just freeze up and I have to "Force Shutdown" my computer.
Using the movableFrames reset might work for fix your nQuestLog and Social window issue, but I'm not sure. Try /mf reset. If your nQuestLog has been updated to the current version I would be interested in knowing your computers ram usage when you are opening lightheaded.

It's a bit of a pain... but debugging always is. Assuming you're in Windows, the next time that you are about to get more information on a quest, Alt-Tab out of WoW and press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Escape all at the same time to bring up the Windows Task Manager. Go to the Performance Tab and let me know what the PF Usage says it's at... as well as the data that's in the Physical Memory(K) section. Be sure to do this before you click on the quest to get more information so that we can see where your system is at before it tries to load all of the quest data.
10-02-07, 09:28 AM   #131
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
more problems....2

Originally Posted by meio
I have noticed this with the durability underneath the characters unit frame in the lower left hand side. However, the durability FuBar mod still works.

If you have different buffs on you when you logon/off your HP will be different. If this continues to occur, I would pay close attention to the buffs that you have on you when you log off as well as the durability of your equipment. If your equipment is broken you will not get any of the +stam benefits from it, which will affect your HP.

Using the movableFrames reset might work for fix your nQuestLog and Social window issue, but I'm not sure. Try /mf reset. If your nQuestLog has been updated to the current version I would be interested in knowing your computers ram usage when you are opening lightheaded.

I will try resetting the frames and see what happens. I can open my Quest Log in one of two ways. Either 1) pressing "L" and a transparent window comes up at the top left corner of my screen, or 2) press the chalice icon to open my Quest Log. Also, how do I found out what my computers ram usage is when I open the lightheaded? If you can tell me how, I will most certainly do it and let you know.

It's a bit of a pain... but debugging always is. Assuming you're in Windows, the next time that you are about to get more information on a quest, Alt-Tab out of WoW and press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Escape all at the same time to bring up the Windows Task Manager. Go to the Performance Tab and let me know what the PF Usage says it's at... as well as the data that's in the Physical Memory(K) section. Be sure to do this before you click on the quest to get more information so that we can see where your system is at before it tries to load all of the quest data.
Indeed the durability FuBar mod still works, but from time to time it likes to do the same thing as the durability percentage beneath my character.

How do I find out what buffs I have? Are they in the Add-Ons section?

I will try resetting the frames and see what happens. I can open my Quest Log in one of two ways. Either 1) pressing "L" and a transparent window comes up at the top left corner of my screen, or 2) press the chalice icon to open my Quest Log.

I will most definitely get the info to you ASAP. I greatly appreciate the help, Meio.

Last edited by heavens-reject : 10-02-07 at 09:32 AM.
10-02-07, 09:57 AM   #132
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Indeed the durability FuBar mod still works, but from time to time it likes to do the same thing as the durability percentage beneath my character.

How do I find out what buffs I have? Are they in the Add-Ons section?

I will try resetting the frames and see what happens. I can open my Quest Log in one of two ways. Either 1) pressing "L" and a transparent window comes up at the top left corner of my screen, or 2) press the chalice icon to open my Quest Log.

I will most definitely get the info to you ASAP. I greatly appreciate the help, Meio.
The duability percentage beneath the characters is just one of the small issues that will be addressed in the near future. However, fixing Bongos is taking a much higher priority than anything else at this point.

The buffs that you have will be displayed just above your character frame. You can also check the armory to see what buffs you had on when you log on. Power Word: Fortitude, Blessing of Kings, Mark of the Wild, etc. will affect your stats.
10-02-07, 10:31 AM   #133
TzuArath
A Murloc Raider
Mazzify

I don't get the Mazzify thing to work, but I might now whats the problem. I think the problem might be that I have replaced the Bongos Bars with Bartender, and MazzleUI don't detect the Bongos Bars (example on addons) to finish the "spell". I think also that most people that don't get the "Push me to finish this spell!" at the end have installed or replaced other Addons that don't follows with the MazzleUI package.
So the thing I wondered about was that is there any way to script the UI to not detect or look for Bongos Bars? Couse I really want everything that follow this UI but not the bars. (I just love Bartender3 and can't help it).
Thanks for the help

EDIT: I get this error:

Code:
[2007/10/02 20:11:13-60-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:126: attempt to call method 'SetScale' (a nil value)
Rest in peace Tigerhearth.

Last edited by TzuArath : 10-02-07 at 12:15 PM.
10-02-07, 11:02 AM   #134
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
The duability percentage beneath the characters is just one of the small issues that will be addressed in the near future. However, fixing Bongos is taking a much higher priority than anything else at this point.

The buffs that you have will be displayed just above your character frame. You can also check the armory to see what buffs you had on when you log on. Power Word: Fortitude, Blessing of Kings, Mark of the Wild, etc. will affect your stats.

Okay, that's cool. The durability percentage really isn't botherin me too much. I just don't want it to get any worse is all. Understandable that the bongos are more important.

I see what you're saying about the buffs. I didn't know that those were the buffs as well as the fact that they changed my HP. That really helps a lot.

Thanks very much.
10-02-07, 12:05 PM   #135
Crenthius_UB
A Fallenroot Satyr
New Issue with DUF

I have searched the threads and havent found anyone with this issue just yet. I have the most recent Mazzle patch and the new version of DUF (maybe not the best idea).

Above and to the left of my target window is where the target debuffs usually go. And to the right and above is where the target buffs are. Currently mine are not showing my targets buffs and debuffs, its showing mine. I target my mob and start stacking sunders, the sunders do not show up, its still just my buffs and debuffs. Not being able to see how many sunders I have on does kinda suck for a warrior.

Basically, the Target unit frame is only showing my buffs and debuffs, not the targets.

Any thoughts??? If I need to go back to the old DUF I would do so if someone has the link, I would live with the XMLFrame errors to see my sunders again.

As far as I can tell Discord UF is not really supported anymore, can we just insert another unit frames and have it work with Mazzle? Like X-Perl.

Last edited by Crenthius_UB : 10-02-07 at 02:09 PM.
10-02-07, 01:31 PM   #136
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
Okay, I have this info for you, Meio.

PF Usage: 1479M / 4058M

Physical Memory: Total = 1917 ; Cached = 1062 ; Free = 2
10-02-07, 01:35 PM   #137
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
The "/mf reset" did indeed work. Thank you. Just let me know if there's anything else you want to know about my computer that would help with anything.
10-02-07, 07:48 PM   #138
Talandra
A Defias Bandit

No Tooltip in bags

Originally Posted by airmaxkd
I don't run reagentinfo so this didn't help Anybody know a fix for the bag tooltips not showing? Otherwise - my Mazzle is working nicely. Thank you to everyone for all the help!!! It is much appreciated.
Thanks so much to everyone who has helped get me up and playing again!! But I still have this tooltip problem. I have info on the tooltip on my character sheet and in the main bank slots but not in any bag. I do not use reagentinfo. I turned off all reagent oriented addons and still no joy. In an attempt to try all my options I remazzlified get that horrid all in one bag but even with everything updated no virtual sack appeared nor unfortunately tooltip info.

This one is still a mystery but would appreciate any tips on what to try next (everything I know about editing addons I've learned right here so simple instructions would not be insulting here).

Bugsack error: (x36) Interface\Framexml\ContainerFrame.lua:602: attempt to index local "self" (a nil value):

Edit: It seems the virtual bag doesn't open using the B key but does open at vendors and mailbox. In the one sack I do have tooltip info but I hate the thing. Can we get it working in the regular bags?

Last edited by Talandra : 10-03-07 at 03:15 AM.
10-03-07, 07:01 AM   #139
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Are those of you that are having problems with the bag tooltips using one of the all-in-one bag mods? I do not use them and have no problems with the tooltips in the bags. If you do use one, then I would try disabling it to see if you get the tooltips in the normal bags. At that point if you do get the tooltips, I'd just start watching with WAU or the download sites for an updated version of that bag mod.
10-03-07, 12:21 PM   #140
Moonsinger
A Defias Bandit
Help

I did a fresh install after patch 2.22 and did the mod on the two files and went through all the steeps to mazzify the first time. I hit the button and mazzle does his dance and nothing happens and no button to finish. no lock up or error message. any help would be greatly welcomed.

BTW thax for all the hard work on the UI and sorry for Tiger.

It reconfigures to this point on all of my characters. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100307_122426.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1439  

Last edited by Moonsinger : 10-03-07 at 01:33 PM. Reason: to upload pic

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle 1.1 Fresh/New Installation after patch 2.2