08-25-10, 10:40 PM   #1
Cobralion
A Defias Bandit
Herb Tracking and Watching Overlap Problem

I can see the symbol indicating the presence of a herb but if a questing watch area is overlapping the herb symbol I can't hover over and find out what it is. Are they any solutions for this?

08-26-10, 09:39 AM   #2
Fodaro
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately, minimap tracking has no API support, so addOns can't deal with it. This may change in Cataclysm, as the tracking system has changed, but I haven't extracted the UI files for that yet, so I wouldn't put money on it.

08-26-10, 01:39 PM   #3
Cobralion
A Defias Bandit
I see, is there an option to briefly turn off the watch area?

08-26-10, 03:53 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cobralion View Post
I see, is there an option to briefly turn off the watch area?
Sure is! Here's a quote from the best kept Carbonite secret ever, the CarboniteReadMe.txt file located in "Interface\Addons\Carbonite\"

Shhh, It's a secret to everyone

*Bolded the important part for you

Quest Watch List

The watch window is draggable but not sizeable. It grows and shrinks as needed based on the quests you are currently watching. The Watch window can be made into a sizeable scrolling list if "Use fixed size list" is checked in the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

The green button toggles if all watched quests will be shown on the map and is on by default.

The purple "Auto Track" button will target the highest priority quest objective and updates dynamically as you move. Priority is based on distance, quest level and if the quest is complete.

The yellow/blue "Quest Givers" button shows Quest Giver icons on the map. Normal ones are shown as parchment icons. Daily quest givers as blue ! icons.

Button colors:
Dark yellow = No givers
Yellow = Quest givers and daily givers
Blue = Daily givers

The white "Show Party Quests" button determines if quests from other party members with Carbonite will also be shown in the Watch List.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Herb Tracking and Watching Overlap Problem