08-11-10, 09:36 AM   #1
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Importing quests from old computer?

I posted this in the Database forum, but then I realized that there are no replies to any of the threads there, so I've re-posted it here.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, I couldn't find it if it has.

I started playing my char on my desktop computer. At around level 50, I switched to my laptop, and I've played exclusively on my laptop ever since. I am now going through and doing all the Quest achievements and am about to start doing the old world ones (Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms). Is there any way I can import my quest info from my desktop to my laptop so Carbonite accurately display my quests in the old lands?

08-11-10, 09:44 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite should be able to import your quest history. The function was added a few patches ago to query the server for this information.

However if you wish to do it manually you should just have to copy the carbonite savedvariables files from one computer to the next. They are located in the WTF folder inside the wow installation folder. You are looking for carbonite.lua and carbonite.bak

Check both the account folder savedvariables and the character folders within your specific server's folder.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

08-11-10, 09:47 AM   #3
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Ah, thanks.. I'll have to check to see if it has already imported my quests. However, if I have to do it manually, and I copy over the files, won't that overwrite the files on my laptop that contains the quest data I've done on it?

08-11-10, 10:09 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It will and is unfortunately the only way to get it over without having to open the matching files and manually edit one of them to have the data from both. The quest import should solve the problem since the data comes from the server.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

08-11-10, 03:22 PM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Alternatively, to have Carbonite retrieve the completed quests data from the server (takes about a millisecond and gets all completed quests, old and recent), open your quest log, go to the History tab, right click anywhere, and choose to query the server.

08-11-10, 09:13 PM   #6
Albie
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thanks, I did it manually and it imported 105 completed quests

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Importing quests from old computer?