08-21-12, 11:34 PM   #1
xGeneralMetalx
A Murloc Raider
Sexymap, Spartan UI

Well for some odd reason my sexymap works when spartan UI isnt on. and when i load it after a reset it is reset. But when i turn my spartn UI on it reset sexymap to a saveed profile that is no longer on my pc or WTF folder. i even deleted the folder and reinstaled the addons from curse but i get same promblem.
If anyone has any ideas please help, would love to play again
08-21-12, 11:50 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can delete a certain addons folder and reinstall it, but it won't make any difference because MOST addons keep their settings in the "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder, and/or in each character's "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\ServerName\CharacterName\SavedVariables\" folder.

Some addons keep global settings in the WTF saved variables folder and character specific saved variables in the CharacterName saved variables folder, while others do one or the other, but not both.

If you use the Curse Client, you can have it delete the addons SV's at the same time you tell it to delete the addon, but I believe it will only delete the file in the WTF saved variables folder.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
08-21-12, 11:56 PM   #3
xGeneralMetalx
A Murloc Raider
See the thing is even after deleting that file as well and doing a repair just in case i still get that same bug.
08-22-12, 03:49 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Without having ever used either SexyMap or Spartan UI, I'd have to guess that what you're seeing is the result of two different addons trying to do the same thing -- modify the minimap. If you want to use SexyMap, look through the Spartan UI options (if there are any) and turn off anything related to the minimap. If there aren't any options related to the minimap, or any options at all, you'll have to ask the author of Spartan UI to play nice with other minimap addons.
08-22-12, 03:58 AM   #5
Rammoth
A Cliff Giant

It already does place nice with other minimap addons. When I install SUI and SexyMap, I don't get these problems, which makes me think that the OP has a previous addon that is in there somewhere that is conflicting with it. I always install UI's from scratch, meaning I either backup before and delete my Interface/WTF folders, then I add the new UI's, if they don't come with Interface and WTF folders, then I delete what it doesn't come with, and keep what it does. For example, SUI doesn't come with those folders, just everything you would add into your AddOns folder, so I delete the WTF folder, anything that is in the Interface folder with the AddOns folder (but I keep the AddOns folder), and I delete anything inside of the AddOns folder. Then I extract everything from SUI into the AddOns folder, delete the cache folder before I close it. Then I run the game, and everything works, no problem.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Without having ever used either SexyMap or Spartan UI, I'd have to guess that what you're seeing is the result of two different addons trying to do the same thing -- modify the minimap. If you want to use SexyMap, look through the Spartan UI options (if there are any) and turn off anything related to the minimap. If there aren't any options related to the minimap, or any options at all, you'll have to ask the author of Spartan UI to play nice with other minimap addons.
08-22-12, 05:49 AM   #6
xGeneralMetalx
A Murloc Raider
so when i mouse over Sexymap the buttons bug out an show up then disapear. but onl does it when spartan is up and running i tried looking at the code but im stuck and tired of it.
08-22-12, 07:32 AM   #7
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

SpartanUI does have options, either by /sui or /spartan or /spartanui. It also does work with other mini map addons, disabling itself in favor of the other addon. SexyMap worked fine with Spartan.

That said, while SexyMap is getting updated for MoP (alpha builds on wowace.com), Spartan is dead, and has been since Burning Crusade. There were fan updates that did not work all that well.

If you want Spartan, you need http://www.wowinterface.com/download...anUIbyRDX.html ... The catch is that RDX most likely will still be in alpha testing on September 25 according to the author. Also, he is temporarily disabling all themes until they are patched and working. Syla, the Spartan look, is quite popular, so keep an eye on it.
08-22-12, 12:25 PM   #8
Othgar
"That" Guy

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Snip:
That said, while SexyMap is getting updated for MoP (alpha builds on wowace.com), Spartan is dead, and has been since Burning Crusade. There were fan updates that did not work all that well.
Actually there is a version of SUI here on WoWI that was updated 2/29/12 (here). There is an option listed on that page to show minimap button on mouseover, which is probably what is causing the conflict. Try using that option (/sui minimap) and see if that works. My guess is SUI is telling them to show and SM is telling them to hide and therefore they freak out and do a little dance .... or some such.

08-22-12, 02:48 PM   #9
xGeneralMetalx
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
SpartanUI does have options, either by /sui or /spartan or /spartanui. It also does work with other mini map addons, disabling itself in favor of the other addon. SexyMap worked fine with Spartan.

If you want Spartan, you need http://www.wowinterface.com/download...anUIbyRDX.html ... The catch is that RDX most likely will still be in alpha testing on September 25 according to the author. Also, he is temporarily disabling all themes until they are patched and working. Syla, the Spartan look, is quite popular, so keep an eye on it.
ill give the link a try.
08-22-12, 11:41 PM   #10
xGeneralMetalx
A Murloc Raider
So after a day of playing around with the code in SUI i just removed the Module-Minimap.lua file all together and it fixed my bug. And now Sexymap can run as normal.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Sexymap, Spartan UI