05-28-08, 04:00 PM   #1
Dragonrhonin
A Murloc Raider
New Guy Needs Help

First leme say that i just downloaded mazzle last night and love it. User Friendly AI and FAQ (Love the little gnome and mazzlegasms), colorful and yet effective, its just great. But i do have a few problems and would love help:

1. FIXED
2. OMG MY FUBAR IS DYING ON ME!!!! Srsly though, whenever i try to create a new fubar to move this stuff around or just to click on the BAR for that fubar it wacks out on me. Any help would be muchly apreciated!!
3. FIXED

I'm pretty new to this whole customizable UI kind of stuff and would love any and all help. It would be even better if someone could walk me through on vent or an IM but just answering questions would be just as helpful. Thanx in advance. Greatjob mazzle and docel.

Last edited by Dragonrhonin : 05-28-08 at 06:40 PM.
05-28-08, 04:15 PM   #2
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Are you in windowed mode? Tsk, tsk...
05-28-08, 04:37 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You should be able to drag the minimap buttons around the map to a desired position. If it's an actual actionbar button, I'll let someone else tackle that. If you are familiar with actionbar mods though, the mod is bongos.

Right clicking each of the FuBar plugins should bring up options menus where you can find "position menus". You can also "Show Text" or "Show Icon" toggle on/off for space. I'm not sure FuBar has an option for 2 bars with Mazzle, as everything that needs more configuration can be found in Mazzle options menu or slash commands to bring up the menus.

The "Two black boxes" can be controlled through prat (I believe), but I'd try them out in their intended state, I for one missed that set-up the most when 2.4 first hit. If you don't care to risk going through chat frame setup, you might try positioning omen and recount in the desired position and locking them there if they have priority in visibility over the panels.

Hope this helped.
05-28-08, 05:29 PM   #4
Dragonrhonin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
You should be able to drag the minimap buttons around the map to a desired position. If it's an actual actionbar button, I'll let someone else tackle that. If you are familiar with actionbar mods though, the mod is bongos.

Right clicking each of the FuBar plugins should bring up options menus where you can find "position menus". You can also "Show Text" or "Show Icon" toggle on/off for space. I'm not sure FuBar has an option for 2 bars with Mazzle, as everything that needs more configuration can be found in Mazzle options menu or slash commands to bring up the menus.

The "Two black boxes" can be controlled through prat (I believe), but I'd try them out in their intended state, I for one missed that set-up the most when 2.4 first hit. If you don't care to risk going through chat frame setup, you might try positioning omen and recount in the desired position and locking them there if they have priority in visibility over the panels.

Hope this helped.

H'mm ill see if that will help the action bar problem.

I tried all that with Fubar, i think i'm going to have to reinstall it. Will that mess with mazzle?

The problem isn't that the black boxes are there, its the piece of chat thats there, the arrows for moving through chat log. Thiers no chat frame there..just the arrows, and i'd like to get rid of them.
05-28-08, 05:42 PM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dragonrhonin View Post
H'mm ill see if that will help the action bar problem.

I tried all that with Fubar, i think i'm going to have to reinstall it. Will that mess with mazzle?

The problem isn't that the black boxes are there, its the piece of chat thats there, the arrows for moving through chat log. Thiers no chat frame there..just the arrows, and i'd like to get rid of them.

I'll go hit one of my alts to see if I can find the correct route to take on you chat arrows issue. As for fubar, I couldn't answer your question honestly, but I don't believe you'll have issue with it, as long as if you are getting updated libraries with it as well (if you are getting a fresh dl of fubar).

Edit: After logging on and looking through your issues from in game, I'd really recommend a remazzification. (including renaming wtf, or pulling it out to a safe save spot). Are you getting any errors in Bugsack? (I tried to see if I could see any in your SS, but Fubar is too cluttered). I'm unable to reproduce any of your issues from my side, including the chat buttons.

Last edited by Yhor : 05-28-08 at 05:56 PM. Reason: More information.
05-28-08, 06:06 PM   #6
Dragonrhonin
A Murloc Raider
UPDATE: 1st issue is fixed.

Issue two and three are still there but i'm working around them. As for the chat arrows i'm just going to try to put my addons over them and ignore them. Thats what i'm doing now.

PS: I fixed issue 1 by not using bongos and instead using Bartender (which i'm used too heh)
05-28-08, 06:39 PM   #7
Dragonrhonin
A Murloc Raider
UPDATE!! 1 AND 3 ARE OFFICALY FIXED!!

Now i jst need to fix fubar. I did see about remazzifying but wouldnt that erase all the adjustments i've done?
05-28-08, 09:39 PM   #8
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

UPDATE!! 1 AND 3 ARE OFFICALY FIXED!!

Now i jst need to fix fubar. I did see about remazzifying but wouldnt that erase all the adjustments i've done?
It would , but I believe it would produce much better results. I'm curious as to whether or not you renamed / removed your wtf before you first mazzified? That's the only thing I can think of that might have caused your issues to begin with, my apologies for not having asked that first.
05-29-08, 10:59 AM   #9
nevada2444
A Defias Bandit
OK I just installed mazzle UI and I have this one problem - when I click on an enemy or target myself in the little portrait screen there is no health bar and the mana bar is not alligned with the side of the portrait.

Also how do I move around the floating portrait of my character - the one with the horizontal health and mana bars to it's right side.

Also I can't find my experience or honor bar.

I'm stumped by the sheer quantity of information and tweeking options in this UI. Is there a quide to setting up the basic stuff like the experience bar and to moving stuff around to different parts of the screen...

PP: thought I'd just use this thread rather than starting another one for the same purpose

PPP: I got it - I resized my target/self/party/pets windows so taht's cool.

So next question is how do I un-focus someby - I got that ctrl+middle click is focus but what is unfocus?

Last edited by nevada2444 : 05-29-08 at 11:47 AM.
05-29-08, 11:50 AM   #10
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nevada2444 View Post
OK I just installed mazzle UI and I have this one problem - when I click on an enemy or target myself in the little portrait screen there is no health bar and the mana bar is not alligned with the side of the portrait.
What resolution are you running? Is it possible to take a screen shot so we can see?

Also I can't find my experience or honor bar.
It should be right below your portrait (unless you are 70 )

I'm stumped by the sheer quantity of information and tweeking options in this UI. Is there a quide to setting up the basic stuff like the experience bar and to moving stuff around to different parts of the screen...
Most things you should be able to move around the screen by either ALT-clicking and dragging, or simply dragging from the top of the item (this is windows etc). If you want to move the various portraits, health bars etc, that is controlled by Discord Unit Frames (DUF) for short. While you can move them, I would not reccomend it. Next time you would Mazzify they would be set back. The placement of these items is one of the trademarks of MazzleUI.
05-29-08, 02:41 PM   #11
Dragonrhonin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
It would , but I believe it would produce much better results. I'm curious as to whether or not you renamed / removed your wtf before you first mazzified? That's the only thing I can think of that might have caused your issues to begin with, my apologies for not having asked that first.
I had to use a WTF folder from when i had xperl. THis was the least screwed up wtf folder i still had. All my other ones are just screwed beyond belief.
05-29-08, 03:48 PM   #12
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I had to use a WTF folder from when i had xperl. THis was the least screwed up wtf folder i still had. All my other ones are just screwed beyond belief.
Can you start with a fresh WTF folder (by deleting it?)
05-29-08, 03:57 PM   #13
nevada2444
A Defias Bandit
Yeah I got most of the things figured out by trial and error.

Too bad my laptop's on 256 RAM and everything is laggy laggy turn based strategie.

In that respect I'm turning off most of the graphic stuff - like the detailed floater combat text.

Basically what I love about this UI is the automatic skill arrangement and hot-key assignment based on the character's class and of course the HUD and the Fu-Bar add on.

Other than that I'm gonna try to remove or replace everything else with something less demanding.
05-29-08, 04:04 PM   #14
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah I got most of the things figured out by trial and error.

Too bad my laptop's on 256 RAM and everything is laggy laggy turn based strategie.

In that respect I'm turning off most of the graphic stuff - like the detailed floater combat text.

Basically what I love about this UI is the automatic skill arrangement and hot-key assignment based on the character's class and of course the HUD and the Fu-Bar add on.

Other than that I'm gonna try to remove or replace everything else with something less demanding.
When you Mazzify and choose complete configuration the next page you have the option to choose which Core features to install. Choose Less features, faster processing, and that will get rid (not load or configure) all the cpu and memory intensive mods (like cartographer and the damage meters, etc).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » New Guy Needs Help