04-12-09, 05:58 AM   #1
Fannia
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CustomRez

hi WoWI community. This is my first time posting here in this forum as CustomRez is my first distributed Addon. The idea behind it was simple. Back in BC i was using a priest addon named Serenity. The addon itself wasn't realy useful to me; the only thing i was using it for was the funny random messages sent when you cast resurrection. Unless i'm wrong, it has been abandonned and my favorite little messages with it.

CustomRez basically recreates the same messages wihtout the whole interface change. As such, its lightweighted, invisible, and still makes people smile. It is intended to work with Resurrection, Revive, Redemption and Ancestral Spirit. You can turn it on or off, it disables itself when entering combat to save memory and processing power, you can even forfeit the use of random messages to a simple boring, but no less useful rez message the like of which is used as a macro by many rezzers out there. Details can be found here :
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...?id=13042#info

for now it works fine for my priest, but doesn'T work for my druid friend who tried it. i don't know about paladins or shaman yet which is why i post here today

Feedback, help and support are appreciated. Thank you in advance
04-12-09, 07:24 AM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Don't know why revive isn't working, but why are you using string.gsub instead of string.format?
04-12-09, 03:01 PM   #3
Fannia
A Murloc Raider

for substituting the target and player's name in the messages you mean? oh well i picked that function from Necrosis and trimmed it to what i needed. and it worked like a charm so i didn't dig deeper. how would you have used sting.format anyway?
04-13-09, 09:15 AM   #4
Fannia
A Murloc Raider

i have released a new version. now it extracts the ressurection spell's name from GetSpellInfo so there shouldn't be any localization issue (the messages will still only display in english). i have also added a small control panel for easier setting. its not as small as i originally intended, but it can be hidden, dragged and isn't required at all.

i also need help figuring out a small thing. i want 2 buttons, the first and third, to change texture depending on the associated setting. i thought using button:SetNormalTexture would be enough but obviously it isn't. the buttons works alright, but its not very practical right now. So if anybody can point me in the right direction, it would be great.

i need feedback to know if anyone encounters any problem. as stated ealier, i don't have a druid or shaman i can use for testing.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » CustomRez