10-04-05, 09:52 AM   #1
psyconius
A Kobold Labourer
My BibMod problems

First off, I absolutely love Bib.. It is by far the best all around interface replacement. It is the cornerstone of my custom UI.. I would go insane using the default WoW UI.

Now, on to the few problems I have encountered that really hurt the experience:

a)I have seen a few people mention this problem happens for them as well. I resized the minimap, and when I log and come back it is very messed up(Stretched across the screen and unreadable). My old fix for this was to go to video options and hit Okay(without even changing anything). This would make the resize changes I made to the bars reset and be full sized again. Then all I would have to do is /console reloadui. Now my bars are back to my custom size and the minimap is working fine. But then one day that fix stopped working. I could not fix the map. Sometimes the fix would work, but for some reason whenever I accepted or turned in a quest it would skew again. My only fix ended up being getting the CleanMiniMap mod, which is actually a pretty good mod anyway. Problem temporarily solved(see problem C for related problems.)

b)Bib made great strides to accomodate temporary item buffs(the enchantment frame). Older versions made being a Shaman a pain, now it is fixed. But I am having problems again. It seems that on startup, I can use Rockbiter and the enchantment frame will work as intended. But after playing for a bit, it disappears. I can't find it anywhere. Even through reloadui, turning on the buff backgrounds to see if I can find it, etc. I think this also has to do with accepting/finishing a quest.

c)Various small bugs that don't irritate me much. The casting bar graphics will mess up the first time I use it on logging(the gold fill for the bar extends down about twice the size of the actual bar). All I have to do is move the bar and it is fixed. But this is also starting to act up again after doing quests. No biggie really for me.. But my fiance is having the same problem and for whatever reason can't move her casting bar around to fix it.

Anyway, not sure what all can be done. I can provide a list of addons I use(there are a lot) but not many do anything major. A lot of behind the scenes stuff(LootLink, Auctioneer, Gathererer, HitsMode, etc).

Oh, and while I am at it... Feature requests.. Making some of the newer UI windows dragable is a big one. Also, perhaps making the pet/shapeshift bars resizable. Not much else to do with the mod. The bugs are the big ones that keep some of my friends from using Bib anymore. I can imagine there are a lot of strange problems to keep track of with such an open system and so many addons out there.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » My BibMod problems