10-12-09, 08:37 PM   #1
PigtailsofDoom
A Cyclonian

My DPS has tanked

I'm not 100% positive that nUI is causing this, but since I installed it yesterday, my DPS has gone from 4.5 - 5k, to 3 - 3.5k. I'm not doing anything different than I was prior, and I got a bunch of upgrades the last few days, so my dps should be going up, not down.

Anyone have any ideas of what might be causing this? I have a raid in 30 minutes and I'm going to have to switch back to my old UI for it, but I'd rather use nUI if possible.

10-12-09, 10:46 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No problems here. Not sure what, if anything, could be associated with nUI and your dps.

10-13-09, 12:38 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
The only thing I can think of is a learning curve issue with using nUI over the default interface.

Try the dummies again with and without nUI and see if there is a constant difference and see if you can spot what may be affecting things.

I have used nUI too long to notice a difference in my case as before nUI my DPS sucked whereas now its better even if mediocre. My healing however is much better. So, in my case the last year or two of playing with nUI has improved my gameplay. But, that is due to nUI doing what I need it to do and in a visual space I want it to do it.

Maybe there was an addon or feature that helped you time your cycle better ? A fellow guildie of mine was trying to figure out his shadow priest dps. He raised it by simply watching how the cooldown and debuff timers on the buttons are working to time when to recast debuffs on the target. The more they are up the more dps you have. His dps improved.

Perhaps something similar in your case that you have yet to spot.

10-13-09, 01:51 AM   #4
PigtailsofDoom
A Cyclonian

Well I went back to my previous UI with a bunch of add ons, and I tested on the heroic dummy, and my dps went up by about 500. Then I checked my trinkets and saw I had a hit trinket equipped instead of one of my standard dps trinkets, and fixed that and it went up another 500.

I went ahead and raided with my previous UI and did about normal. It's probably just a learning curve issue that I'm having, 500 DPS isn't that big of a deal. I'll go back to nUI tomorrow and just try and get more accustomed to it.

10-19-09, 02:55 PM   #5
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Hmm...as a mage, on raids, you're moving, and pew-pewing...NUI shouldn't have any effect on either.

I've been using nUI for a very long time now on my lock, and never had any DPS issues. Heck, I don't even have uber TOC/Ulduar gear, and I can do over 4k DPS...so not sure what could be causing it for you really =(

Marth

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » My DPS has tanked