12-30-09, 01:45 PM   #1
Lery
A Black Drake
Want to clean things up but...

I want to clean out/up my addons. I would like to keep my macros and my button configuration for each of my characters. Example, buttons 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. I want to make sure they keep the current skills on them today.

Any specifics on how to do that? You can run repair.exe and choose no options. In the past I know this has wiped the addons clean.

12-30-09, 03:47 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rename your interface folder will clear out your addons. Any addons that you don't want to keep settings for you can delete the respective WTF file from your character and server folders.

12-30-09, 04:29 PM   #3
Lery
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Rename your interface folder will clear out your addons. Any addons that you don't want to keep settings for you can delete the respective WTF file from your character and server folders.
Thanks, but I want to make sure that when I reinstall Nui, my buttons are the same as they are now. What do I have to backup to save them? I don't care about the rest of my addon settings. Well QuickAuctions2 of course.

12-30-09, 06:37 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If it's your first time installing nUI... your buttons will be the same, but the bars will be placed in a different order once you run nUI. Takes just a moment or two to rearrange things back to the way you like them. If you've been running nUI already, nothing will change.

12-30-09, 07:09 PM   #5
Lery
A Black Drake
Ok let me word it this way. I'm a hunter. I have hunter's mark on bar 1, slot 1, number 1.

I backup some variable files from WTF > Account > Saved Variables. (Auctioneer, QA2, etc.)

I delete my interface folder, and WTF folder. Or more importantly the WTF > Account folder.

How do I ensure that when I reinstall nUI, and logon with my hunter, my hunter's mark icon is on bar 1, number 1?

12-30-09, 07:17 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unless you have explicitly told WoW otherwise, all of your characters keybindings are stored Server Side.

So for example, if you were to come to my house, use my pc to log onto your toon, all of your keybindings would be intact. Seeing as I use nUI also, you would see them the same as on your pc now.

12-30-09, 08:18 PM   #7
Lery
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Unless you have explicitly told WoW otherwise, all of your characters keybindings are stored Server Side.

So for example, if you were to come to my house, use my pc to log onto your toon, all of your keybindings would be intact. Seeing as I use nUI also, you would see them the same as on your pc now.

Awesome news. I was not sure about this.

What about macro's?

12-30-09, 10:15 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Should be the same thing. I run a lot of them myself. When I redid my OS and then also completely fresh install of WoW and all my addons, I did not have to recreate any macros I had made prior.

So yes,you should be fine. To be safe though, make a backup copy of your entire WTF folder, that way you have all the info anyways

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Want to clean things up but...