07-30-10, 12:09 AM   #1
unwin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
what does this mean? interface strings..

On MM0-champ there was a lot of new interface strings posted.

I have been wanting incoming heals on the default ui forever, and i know it's already in the new party frames.

there has been so little news about the new frames, or even what the new raid frames look like it's kinda shocking.

these new strings

+DISPLAY_INCOMING_HEALS = "Display Incoming Heals";
+OPTION_TOOLTIP_DISPLAY_INCOMING_HEALS

look like we are going to get incoming heals on any unit frame we want, or is this just a sting that will make adding incoming heals easier for addon developers?

also, pretty much every new string seems a lot of things are being built into the default ui... very exciting.

if this is not true, how hard would it be to turn the default ui into a something that functions much like x-perl frames? is that even possible?

thanks, and i hope you all enjoy the beta... if i ever get an invite, i will be sure to test out all your addons as much as possible.

-unwin

07-30-10, 12:20 AM   #2
yssaril
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
those strings are used by the wow UI so they describe things blizzard will/may give us and yes incoming heals is getting added to the blizzard frames.

07-30-10, 12:24 AM   #3
unwin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by yssaril View Post
those strings are used by the wow UI so they describe things blizzard will/may give us and yes incoming heals is getting added to the blizzard frames.
meaning the player and target/ToT frames too?

07-30-10, 08:28 AM   #4
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
At the moment only the new party/raid frames can show the incoming heal amounts.

07-30-10, 11:39 AM   #5
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by yj589794 View Post
At the moment only the new party/raid frames can show the incoming heal amounts.
By default, the functions work for every unit so it's trivial to hook them up to the rest of the unit frames.

07-30-10, 12:23 PM   #6
yj589794
Shadowed is correct about any 3rd party unit frame addon being able to use the blizzard functions to get the incoming heal values.

My answer was concerning the default unit frames and that only the new party/raid frames show the incoming heal values. The default player, pet, target and focus frames do not currently show the incoming heal values.

07-30-10, 01:34 PM   #7
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
And another library obsolete :P

07-30-10, 02:13 PM   #8
yj589794
I've no doubt that blizzard saw how useful a library LibHealComm was and implemented a native version due to the work of shadowed and xbeeps.

07-30-10, 06:10 PM   #9
IQgryn
A Cyclonian
Hopefully it reduces the number of addons firing messages will-nilly during a 25-man raid, too. If everyone switches over to Blizzard's info, it'll only get sent once to each person.

07-30-10, 07:09 PM   #10
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by IQgryn View Post
Hopefully it reduces the number of addons firing messages will-nilly during a 25-man raid, too. If everyone switches over to Blizzard's info, it'll only get sent once to each person.
LHC4 is being discontinued come Cataclysm. Given all of the changes in Cataclysm, the library itself will be useless so there isn't any inclination for authors to stick with it.

07-31-10, 01:04 AM   #11
unwin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thanks for all the info. still wondering how easy it would be to just tweak the default ui and add incoming heals to the player frame etc.

I would love to have the functionality of a unit frame mod but the look of the default ui.

07-31-10, 02:42 AM   #12
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by unwin View Post
thanks for all the info. still wondering how easy it would be to just tweak the default ui and add incoming heals to the player frame etc.

I would love to have the functionality of a unit frame mod but the look of the default ui.
Depends on the exact look you want, but it should be very easy.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » what does this mean? interface strings..