07-25-09, 10:02 PM   #21
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ak1ra View Post
What I'm trying to say is nUInterface would be difficult to use if he/she 's just got his character and never used any of that kind Addons...
Than again nUI is super informative and highly-configurable, and this is what I do not like - to cofigure so much, that's why I'm not using Pitbull 3.0 and w8ing for 4th to be released)
nUI does not require any configuration at all. Drop the folder in the Addons directory and it runs without any set up whatsoever. It even auto sizes itself to fit whatever screen resolution you may have.

Honestly, other than the default UI, you will not find another UI like nUI that needs no configuration at all. Anywhere.
07-25-09, 10:05 PM   #22
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
I got a giggle out of it =)
As long as I got at least one person in the thread to smile, then I've done good.
07-25-09, 10:07 PM   #23
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
As long as I got at least one person in the thread to smile, then I've done good.
Take that and double it.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-25-09, 10:08 PM   #24
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Take that and double it.
I'll see your two and raise you one more!
07-25-09, 10:13 PM   #25
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I'll see your two and raise you one more!
Read em and weep. Four of a kind!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-25-09, 10:21 PM   #26
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Read em and weep. Four of a kind!
Bite Me. Royal Straight

07-26-09, 06:30 AM   #27
Infection
A Defias Bandit
I did not want the discussions occur here, I have search an interface for my Warlock, where only the most important in it, there should be an accurate good style of interface have her, but still a lot of visual space by wow promise.

I hope anyone have understand it.

I find this interface very nice http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5485/ui2sz1.jpg you can find it on http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t23417-s...o_really_read/ the first side, the fourth post!

Last edited by Infection : 07-26-09 at 06:33 AM.
07-26-09, 07:14 AM   #28
Vraan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm so glad that you were able to re-word everything I said (except the bit about pissing glass). It takes real intelligence to break down a carefully thought out paragraph attempting to help someone, into one single sentence, especially with the completely reasonable commentary on nUI. Of COURSE you would rather experience excruciating pain during urination than to use nUI. Why wouldn't you? Most people would prefer to actually comment on what they didn't like about any particular addon, or to simply state it doesn't suit their tastes in a ui, but oh no! not you! You recomended Elitest Jerks as a place to look for ui's. Sounds like a nice place. Maybe you could go there... and stay for a while.
Aaaaw
*hugs* There, there.

When I say I think a UI is bad, it's my personal opinion.
If it works great for someone else though, that's great, goal accomplished IMO.
I wasnt trying to say what is good/bad about nUI, yes, other people probably say what they dont like about a UI/addon.
Guess what.
I have my own personality!
I bought it off Ebay. :O

Anyways, I apologise if I offended you. I didn't think you would take it personally. I respect your opinion of course.

Edit: I never actually said that nUI is a bad UI, by the way. ^^ I just think it's ugly. And I wouldn't be able to play with it.

Last edited by Vraan : 07-26-09 at 08:36 AM.
07-26-09, 07:16 AM   #29
Vraan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
nUI does not require any configuration at all. Drop the folder in the Addons directory and it runs without any set up whatsoever. It even auto sizes itself to fit whatever screen resolution you may have.

Honestly, other than the default UI, you will not find another UI like nUI that needs no configuration at all. Anywhere.
Spartan UI ^^ But I think it needs a / command still.
07-26-09, 07:18 AM   #30
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

This thread has inspired me to create a minimalistic UI.

Personally I like lots of info, but I definitely do acknowledge that my UI can get cluttered esp in 25s with full raid buffs... that and I'm an addonaholic.

Monday I'll do some tinkering, and post here to see if you like what I come up with.
07-26-09, 08:04 AM   #31
jcoop16
A Murloc Raider

warlock ui

i am fairly new to the game but as a pvp and pve warlock i use ony 2 addons necroisis and carbonite these keep everything tidy i have yet to find a good bar add yet plz help if you know of a good match for these.
07-26-09, 08:18 AM   #32
Vraan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jcoop16 View Post
i am fairly new to the game but as a pvp and pve warlock i use ony 2 addons necroisis and carbonite these keep everything tidy i have yet to find a good bar add yet plz help if you know of a good match for these.
You could try Bartender4/dominos or something similar. You can get Button Facade, wich changes the look, and there are plenty of Button Facade skins here n WoWi.
07-26-09, 08:29 AM   #33
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Bartender or Dominos
07-26-09, 08:42 AM   #34
jcoop16
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Vraan View Post
You could try Bartender4/dominos or something similar. You can get Button Facade, wich changes the look, and there are plenty of Button Facade skins here n WoWi.
ty i will give a good look to all i would like to see the game not the ui lol
07-27-09, 06:26 PM   #35
Shestak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ainsoulUI.html
07-27-09, 11:32 PM   #36
Oakayam
Premium Member

For a beginner who is willing to spend some time I would recommend going to this page and watching some of the videos. It will introduce you to addons commonly used in making a basic and factional UI.
08-17-09, 11:27 AM   #37
ledgekindred
A Murloc Raider
As others have said, I also highly recommend something like dominos/bartender+pitbull/X-Perl. You can also look at turning off the unit frame buff display and get something like Satrina buffs, which you can drag and size independently of the unit frames.

They can both be stripped down to the absolute bare minimum of action bars you want to be seen, are pretty unobtrusive, you can drag the frames anywhere you want, and extremely customizable. Dominos can also make my action bars completely fade out unless I mouse-hover, which can effectively make them totally disappear if you know the key-bindings well. I'm sure bartender does the same thing. I know dominos is pretty painless to set up, and I remember bartender also being easy, since they are pretty much just floating action bars you can turn on/off and drag icons onto.

On the other hand, the replacement unit frames will take a while to set up to your satisfaction. I'd say X-Perl is probably a little more friendly than pitbull, although pitbull will let you configure just about every single little knob you can imagine about how your interface looks. I personally like X-Perl's raid frame better, but if you are looking at PvP/leveling, then it probably doesn't matter as much. I'd expect to spend about an hour sitting down setting up the unit frames mostly playing around with what you want to see and what you want to hide and where everything is.

I've got an 80 raiding warlock and during raids the only things I have on the screen are a couple of dominos bars, X-Perl self, raid, target and focus frames, DoTimer, Satrina and Omen. Outside of raids I also have a number of other addons that take up some more screen space that I got back from using the others and still have more space left over than using the default action bars & unit frames.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » [Search] a good Warlock Interface