10-03-12, 04:09 AM   #1
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Quests missing on map

I used Rythals version 9 of carbonite and the quests in Jade Forest were showing on the map. Going to the new official release of carbonite they are missing.

10-03-12, 06:03 AM   #2
grui
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having the same issue. The majority of the quests that are missing seems to be the easier traveling quests that are just sending us to a new area.

10-03-12, 09:33 AM   #3
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by grui View Post
I'm having the same issue. The majority of the quests that are missing seems to be the easier traveling quests that are just sending us to a new area.
I'm finding the same issue... just the "breadcrumb" quests aren't showing up. They are on the default map though, so I'm not sure why Carbonite wouldn't be getting the waypoints.

10-03-12, 05:14 PM   #4
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
I was missing all quests in Panda Land so I reverted to Rythal's last unofficial update and they all reappeared :S

10-03-12, 08:18 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know if this will help or not, but here's a quote from Rythal's site:

Carbonite 5.05.01
Posted on 2012 under Addon Development | 27 Comments

29 Sep

So we have another update! hurray! Link is above in the titlebar.
—–
All Pandaria Gathering Nodes are tracked now.

Quest Blobs. If Carbonite picks up the quest and tracks it, your minimap will now show blizzards blue quest blob area.
To turn this on or off click the magnifying glass minimap icon, and enable or disable “Track Quest POIs”.
Blizzard only provides the option of one colour, blue. So your minimap will shade itself blue within the known range of quest objectives.

Minimap Glow is now disabled no matter what setting you have in. I really hate disabling anything, but it’s broken and causes more problems then it fixes. Even when I updated carbonites graphics files (not included in the zip) to have the new icons MoP added (like pet tracking), it still flickers and i’m sure everyone who helps on the forums is tired of posting how to turn it off to stop the flickering.

Quests. Yeah they still don’t work all the time, However I have run 2 characters now through jade forest, and one of them to 89 in townlong and I’ve found quests do work fine so long as the objective is within the same zone. It’s when your not in the zone that it can’t find it and complains.

Why the version jump from 5.04 to 5.05? I didn’t want to confuse things between the official 5.041 and calling mine 5.04.10, plus were at patch 5.05 so why not.
As for the "bread crumb" quests, all I can say is that I've done one in the Pandaran starting area and needed to open the Blizz quest log to complete it (the "?" never showed up in the Quest Watch window to click) and one in Dragonblight which worked as intended.

EDIT: I am using Carbonite 5.0.5.001, which is the latest official version available for download from WoWInterface: HERE . It's actually Rythal's first official release, and it's also the same page you get to if you download it from the Carbonite site using the "Download" navigation link, then the "Carbonite 5.041" link. /EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-03-12 at 08:31 PM. Reason: More information.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quests missing on map