05-16-09, 03:53 AM   #1
Wisconsen
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs down Quest History After a Name Change

I recently did a paid name change for one of my characters, after moving the settings from the old name over i seam to be only have one small issue that i can't for the life of me figure out how to fix myself.

I'm an achievement monkey, i love them, one of the big things i like about carbonite is the quest history tracker, it really helps when i go to clear up some old world quests for my loremaster and seeker titles.

The issue i'm having is that after the name change i can't figure out how to change the quest history also. I know carbonite has to store it somewhere, but i moved the whole WTF folder over from the old name's file to the new name's file, and it transfered everything aside from the Quest info.

The only thing i can think of is that the information is stored in a differant location other then the WTF folder, if so does anyone know where it would be stored so i can move the file over and have my quest history back?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, and thank you for making a great addon in the first place.

05-16-09, 06:12 AM   #2
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
Many addon settings are saved in general files in the folder /WTF/<accountname>/Saved Variables rather than under the subfolders with individual character names. You need to manually edit these files with a text editor and change all instances of your old name to the new name to fully restore all addons after a name change.

From what I can see the only thing being stored by carbonite under specific characters is flight points and all other carbonite information is stored as I indicate above.

I recommend a text editor that lets you do a Find/Replace ALL in an entire directory to make this simple. Provided your character's name was unique and not some common word that may appear in the saved variable files in reference to something other than the character.

05-16-09, 06:29 AM   #3
Wisconsen
A Defias Bandit

Danke for the fast reply, I found the file you were talking about and replaced the name, hopefully that does it for me.

~~~~EDIT~~~~

Nope that didn't do it either, after trying i went looking into the lua as much as my severely amateur skills could muster and could only find what you said earlier with is taxi routes discovered. If anyone has any other suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Drak'Thul
Xarnith - 80 hunter
Leftie - 80 Druid

Last edited by Wisconsen : 05-16-09 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Update

05-17-09, 09:29 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Wisconsen View Post
Nope that didn't do it either, after trying i went looking into the lua as much as my severely amateur skills could muster and could only find what you said earlier with is taxi routes discovered. If anyone has any other suggestions it would be much appreciated.
Not this:
WTF\Account\<name>\<server>\<character>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua

This one has 99% of settings:
WTF\Account\<name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest History After a Name Change