06-24-10, 08:08 AM   #1
dwex
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mods that play sounds with sounds disabled

I have several mods (SCT and Omen3 that I know of at this point) that continue to play sounds even when I've disabled sounds in-game with Ctrl-S. In both mods, they call PlaySound()/PlaySoundFile() without checking any status/config variables.

Is this a bug in the Blizzard API functions, or in the mods? If it's a bug in the mods, can anyone tell me which CVar(s) should be being checked?

Thanks.
06-24-10, 08:26 AM   #2
NitraMo
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by dwex View Post
I have several mods (SCT and Omen3 that I know of at this point) that continue to play sounds even when I've disabled sounds in-game with Ctrl-S. In both mods, they call PlaySound()/PlaySoundFile() without checking any status/config variables.

Is this a bug in the Blizzard API functions, or in the mods? If it's a bug in the mods, can anyone tell me which CVar(s) should be being checked?

Thanks.
I assume it is intented for Ctrl+S to mute only sounds produced by the standard interface.
All CVars are listed here, one of the ones starting with Sound_ should be the relevant one.
06-24-10, 08:46 AM   #3
dwex
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by NitraMo View Post
I assume it is intented for Ctrl+S to mute only sounds produced by the standard interface.
That would be a really horrible design. If I say "mute", I expect the game to mute. Sound effects and music are muted separately, but if I mute sound effects, I don't expect SCT and Omen to continue playing sound effects. Mute means mute...

All CVars are listed here, one of the ones starting with Sound_ should be the relevant one.
Unfortunately nothing there has any actual documentation, it's just a list. I guess I can play around with them until I find the right one.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mods that play sounds with sounds disabled