10-19-12, 09:23 AM   #1
Doondoon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
addon compiling

Sorry but bit of a novice here, i'm more of a designer but here goes, am sure you can answer right away.

The question is:

So take Pitbull for example it has like 15+ modules, this takes up alot of room in the addon window, is there a way to compile all into 1 so there is only 1 tickbox for pitbull and it loads all the moduels?
10-19-12, 09:49 AM   #2
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes you can, but, before I tell you how it all goes, keep in mind that even if you can the addon modules (not all) are designed to be loaded like that, many of them wait for their own ADDON_LOADED event, that if skipped can cause issues. So it's not a wise thing to do, you'd need to edit some module code for it to work, and then when you update to later version you gotta do it all again. :P
10-19-12, 09:58 AM   #3
Doondoon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the reply, is there a way to tell which load like this and which don't so i can at least reduce the list.

i have a few addons i would like to reduce

Pitbull
Deadly boss mods
some data mods i would like to put all in 1
10-19-12, 11:11 AM   #4
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I don't quite remember the full list about PitBull4 modules, but I'll tell you how to make it happen:
  1. Download latest PitBull4 zip.
  2. You can move all the "PitBull4_" folders into a temporary place, then extract PitBull4 in your addons folder.
  3. Go to PitBull4 and make a folder named "Modules"
  4. Move the "PitBull4_" folders into the newly made "Modules" folder.
  5. Remove the prefix "PitBull4_" from all the module folders, example "PitBull4_Aggro" becomes "Aggro".
  6. In PitBull4 folder, find the file "modules.xml" and edit it.
  7. On top find and remove "<!--@debug@\n<!-- " (\n means line break)
  8. On the bottom find and remove "-->\n@end-debug@-->" (\n means line break)
And now PitBull4 will automatically load all those modules at statup. Those I've experienced problems with were totems, shards, unit power related modules. You will get an error, knowing what errors, hehe. Simply delete the folder in Modules and install properly to fix those that do not work.

In general this may work with some addons, not all, for instance not with those that use SavedVariables for your settings, so you may wanna check the toc files first and make sure the settings are properly saved by including their variables in your top most toc file.

I hope this helps to some extend.
10-19-12, 03:11 PM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Generally, such addons depend on a core for its modules to load. Then you uncheck the main addon, the modules will refuse to load. The core should be listed as a "Dependency" of the modules and this is the method that controls this behavior.
10-19-12, 08:25 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Removed the off-topic posts. Stick to the topic from the original post. Let's leave it at that folks.
10-19-12, 08:35 PM   #7
Doondoon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Removed the off-topic posts. Stick to the topic from the original post. Let's leave it at that folks.
Thank you so much for that.

And thank you Vlad, this helped me a lot! not managed to figure out DBM yet, seems to be written a little differently to pitbull and some others.

As for Broker plugins, i started adding some to 1 single addon, namely the ARA broker plugins i started with, i managed to add 'Ara_Broker_money, Ara_broker_tradeskills, Ara_broker_guild_friends which all work fine, but when i add Ara_broker_specSwitcher it doesn't display how it normally will, in this case it displays 00/00/00 which i assume is obviously for the different talents it doesn't tell me i'm in for example resto spec like it used to + doesn't show me any tooltip like before it would show me primary spec and secondary spec....

Any ideas?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » addon compiling