09-13-12, 08:21 AM   #21
Gashara
A Murloc Raider
Luckily I saved Rythal's update. I'm going back to that until the devs figure out all of the fixes that Rythal has already done.

09-13-12, 03:11 PM   #22
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Michaelgal View Post
So, why are you doing this to the people that gave you their hard earned money? Why can't you let the fans help with the updating of the mod and make everyone happy? You can keep your donation page open, yet say don't expect anything in return and then act like this.

Classy.
I know this has been said before, but, a donation is something you give freely, and don't expect anything in return.

I am now going to make this a wall of text by posting the actual definitions for the word "donation" from the Merriam-Webster site. It's a dictionary/thesaurus site for those that don't know.
Definition of DONATION
: the act or an instance of donating: as
a : the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution
b : a free contribution : gift
See donation defined for English-language learners »
See donation defined for kids »
Examples of DONATION

The organization is funded by private donations.
We are grateful for the donation of whatever you can afford to give.
trying to encourage the donation of blood

Origin of DONATION
Middle English donatyowne, from Latin donation-, donatio, from donare to present, from donum gift; akin to Latin dare to give — more at date
First Known Use: 15th century
From the Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary:
do·na·tion Listen to audio/doʊˈneɪʃən/ noun
plural do·na·tions
1 : something (such as money, food, clothes, etc.) that you give in order to help a person or organization [count] ▪ All donations are appreciated. ▪ They thanked her for the generous donation. [=gift] ▪ The organization is funded by private donations. ▪ Would you like to make a donation? [=make a contribution; give money] [noncount] ▪ We are grateful for the donation of whatever you can afford to give.
2 : something (such as blood or a body organ) that you give to a hospital or clinic so that it can be given to someone who needs it [count] ▪ blood/organ donations [noncount] ▪ trying to encourage the donation of blood/organs
From the Merriam-Webster's Student Dictionary:
Student Dictionary

One entry found for donation.
Main Entry: do·na·tion
Pronunciation: domacr-primarystressnamacr-shschwan
Function: noun
: a giving of something without charge; also : the thing given (as to charity)
So, basically: If you make a donation, there is (or should be) no expectation of a reward. By, if you will, definition.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-13-12, 05:14 PM   #23
Michaelgal21
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I know this has been said before, but, a donation is something you give freely, and don't expect anything in return.

I am now going to make this a wall of text by posting the actual definitions for the word "donation" from the Merriam-Webster site. It's a dictionary/thesaurus site for those that don't know.

From the Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary:

From the Merriam-Webster's Student Dictionary:

So, basically: If you make a donation, there is (or should be) no expectation of a reward. By, if you will, definition.

Thank you for making yourself look like a complete smartass and jerk, however, i never said anything about that money being through donations. I am reffering to the people who once paid their hard earned money for the use of this addon.

Do you have a definition for that?

09-13-12, 05:46 PM   #24
Michaelgal
A Murloc Raider
Actually, sticking on your topic of donations... One donates to a cause because that cause uses the money for... THE CAUSE. The cause being the Carbonite addon. In this case, that money is being used for god knows what. I'm blow away at how ignorant your reply was.

09-13-12, 09:31 PM   #25
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Michaelgal21 View Post
Thank you for making yourself look like a complete smartass and jerk, however, i never said anything about that money being through donations. I am reffering to the people who once paid their hard earned money for the use of this addon.

Do you have a definition for that?
First let me ask one question - are you posting under two different names (and why?) or are there two of you out there that posted after eachother with very similar names?

The people who paid for the subscription - received their subscription installment period and have received it for well after that year. So, I do not know to what you are referring to or what word you would now like a definition for. In addition, those who subscribed accepted agreement that the addon could be pulled or canceled and they wouldn't get their refunds (you know that long license agreement that almost no one ever reads?).

One donates for many various reasons, ever been to a funeral and seen a bunch of flowers donated by various people and/or businesses? What is the cause, there is no expected return, unless perhaps you think they may become zombies and you are trying to buy them off to not eat your brains? How about donations made to people who have incurred huge medical bills in the past and are trying to recoop from them? Is the cause there is hope they get injured and have to go back into the hospital so the funds can be used for fixing them again?

09-14-12, 12:47 AM   #26
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Michaelgal View Post
Actually, sticking on your topic of donations... One donates to a cause because that cause uses the money for... THE CAUSE. The cause being the Carbonite addon. In this case, that money is being used for god knows what. I'm blow away at how ignorant your reply was.
Yep. Thank you. I've just never heard that before. Please, wait right there. I'll be back in a moment. I just need to go around the corner, here. and have a bit of a cry. Don't worry, though, I'll be back. Really I will.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-14-12, 04:09 AM   #27
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Do you think anyone cares if you return or not?

09-14-12, 04:46 AM   #28
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Meganbtoo View Post
Do you think anyone cares if you return or not?
Simply put...Really? Was that absolutely necessary?

I can understand the feelings that some users have had in regards to Carbonite for one reason or another. But, does that really give you the right to lash out at an upstanding member of this board who over the past several years has given support to probably every user of Carbonite in some way shape or form?

09-14-12, 10:42 AM   #29
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay, enough. I've already asked you guys once, nicely, to stick to our site rules. I'm not asking now. I understand people are upset, but you will follow the rules and remain civil, or you'll be taking a vacation from the site.

1. Post with respect and courtesy. Debate is fine ... so long as when you disagree with someone, you respond in a civilized and constructive manner.

2. No libel. No defamation of character. Don't come here and slam/flame anyone/thing. Don't come here sounding off that Blizz sucks, EQ sucks, mod_author_01 sucks, etc and so on. None of that. You want to post things like that, take it elsewhere, there are enough other boards that cater to that type of thing. This isn't FlameVault. See 1.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » I'm sorry, this is appaling