02-08-11, 11:16 PM   #1
zenaku
A Murloc Raider
Question Looking for scripting help with bartender4 please =)

Hello!

I've been trying to clean up my interface a lot and show as little as possible. What I'd like to do with Bartender is to have the bars not showing out of combat, but also to have them show on mouseover. Selecting both the options in the checkboxes only makes it hide out of combat and doesn't show on mouseover. I have my pet bar set with the fade option, but I'd like the action bars to show during combat without having to have the mouseover it. Is it possible to a custom condition script so that both the fade and hide out of combat work? Thanks so much!!
02-09-11, 01:09 AM   #2
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zenaku View Post
Hello!

I've been trying to clean up my interface a lot and show as little as possible. What I'd like to do with Bartender is to have the bars not showing out of combat, but also to have them show on mouseover. Selecting both the options in the checkboxes only makes it hide out of combat and doesn't show on mouseover. I have my pet bar set with the fade option, but I'd like the action bars to show during combat without having to have the mouseover it. Is it possible to a custom condition script so that both the fade and hide out of combat work? Thanks so much!!
I would try kong if you don't mind adding another addon too your list, im pretty sure it can set these conditions for you. on more or less every frame you have available.
02-09-11, 04:06 AM   #3
zenaku
A Murloc Raider
Talking

Thank you for suggesting this addon! It allowed me to have Recount back! /snoopydance (I didn't like Skada and Recount doesn't have the option to hide out of combat.) I haven't tested it on the bars yet, as it got too late, but the settings that I applied to Recount are pretty much the same as what I'd like for the bars, so I'm sure it'll work out somehow. ^_^
02-09-11, 09:55 AM   #4
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Bartender allows custom macro conditionals for determining if a bar is active or not - no other addon needed, if it can be done with macro-conditionals.

I'd think something along the lines of
Code:
[nocombat] hide; [combat][mouseover] show
should work.
02-09-11, 01:53 PM   #5
Othgar
"That" Guy

I'm thinking it would be something like
Code:
[combat]show;hide [mouseover]show;hide
I think I'll go try this out and see what I come up with, I'll repost with an update when I figure it out.

02-09-11, 02:06 PM   #6
Othgar
"That" Guy

ok so I played around a little, bt4 doesn't like [mouseover] apparently but I did get an actionbar to hide out of combat unless it was moused over by using:
Code:
fade [combat]show
Just set the fade to 0, so it fades out completely. Nothing else seemed to work though.

Last edited by Othgar : 02-09-11 at 02:07 PM. Reason: type o's
02-13-11, 09:13 PM   #7
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

That’s probably because [mouseover] isn’t a valid macro condition. You can have secure frames that show when you mouse over something, but the addon can’t handle that the same way it handles macro conditionals.

I don’t know if Bartender4 has support for bars that only show on mouseover, but if you were willing to look into other bar addons, Macaroon does have this feature. It takes a bit more work to configure than Bartender, though.
02-14-11, 12:39 AM   #8
soxism
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

This is the Code i came up with after HOURS of Reading and not knowing ANYTHING.

[bonusbar:5]hide;
[target=vehicle,exists]hide;
[vehicleui]hide;show
[combat]show;hide
[target=target, exists]show;fade:10

It Basically Shows when i have a Target.
On MouseOver
Combat
Otherwise it fades the Bar to 10%

To Fully use the :"Mouse Over" Select Fade Out and the Alpha % you want in the Options.

It will also hide when Possessing and In a Vehicle.

Other bars i have Hide completely while in combat (eg ones i cant use in combat) And Another that Turns into my Main Bar when Possessing, In a Vehicle, Etc.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking for scripting help with bartender4 please =)