08-29-10, 01:11 PM   #1
EvilMallet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
KG Panels Help

I'm trying to get kgPanels to config for my portraits (using zMob) to where if I don't have a target, the panel im using behind my targets portrait will disappear. Any suggestions?
08-29-10, 01:33 PM   #2
tielc
A Defias Bandit
I think you are having the same issue I have been searching for an answer to all morning. I DO NOT want a panel if I don't have a target and want it to appear when I do. I have anchored my panels to the Unitframe of choice as recommended in almost every post on every addon forum and wiki. However, this isn't giving me any associativity to the parent frame. Specifically, these are the frames I am trying parent to and control visibility based off from.

Quartz - Quartz3CastBarPlayer
Bartender4 - BT4BarPetBar
Shadowed UnitFrames - SUFUnittarget, SUFUnittargettarget
08-29-10, 02:09 PM   #3
tielc
A Defias Bandit
Alright, I found the answer to my problem might be able to help you as well. There is a significant difference between the ParentFrame and Anchor Frame. Make sure to Parent to the frame you want to control the visibility of, in my case it was my Pet Frame in ShadowedUF.
08-29-10, 03:59 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Right. Think of it this way:

An anchor keeps a boat in place.
A parent gives you permission to go out to see your friends.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » KG Panels Help