05-01-07, 06:36 PM   #1
robthedude
Don't Panic

Net Worth

Just had a flash of inspiration!

So, We've got these addons that pop the vendor price of items in their tooltips, wonderfull, helps alot

K, what I want is an small addon that takes the prices of all your equiped items and everything in your bags and bank, and gives you the total, Q mass boasting in guild chat "I'm worth 1000g!!" etc. wouldn't even need an interface, just slash command and print to the chat window

whaddaya think? Would this be easy to throw together?

05-04-07, 08:14 AM   #2
robthedude
Don't Panic

Wot no replies?

05-04-07, 08:56 AM   #3
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So this new addon will tell me how nekkid I have to be in order to purchase my epic flying right? :P
05-04-07, 09:09 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
right

(sigh... character limit )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-12-07, 01:06 PM   #5
Corkyone
A Murloc Raider
I'd love an addon like this.. I've been hunting for one and saw a possible one but it was for Titan and it's old (Based on AuctionIT)

http://wowui.incgamers.com/ui.php?id=807

Seems like there's lots of interest for this.. A quick search on wow forums brought up
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...22086&sid=1#15
08-12-07, 02:51 PM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AuditorFu?

I use it since it will track current cash, plus alt monies, plus give you a nice breakdown of your incoming and outgoing expenses. It will NOT give you an estimated value of all your items but you might request that of the author.

08-12-07, 04:08 PM   #7
Corkyone
A Murloc Raider
yeah auditor is great I'm already using that... would love an inventory worth calculator addon. itemsync does it but it uses vendor prices, not auctioneer prices
08-12-07, 04:10 PM   #8
robthedude
Don't Panic

Originally Posted by Corkyone
itemsync does it but it uses vendor prices
But...but...but... but thats exactly what I want!!! how come nobody told me before?! *downloads and tries it*

EDIT: nope...

Last edited by robthedude : 08-12-07 at 04:31 PM.
08-12-07, 05:48 PM   #9
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by robthedude
But...but...but... but thats exactly what I want!!! how come nobody told me before?! *downloads and tries it*

EDIT: nope...
Total Gold is something to the extent that I think you want. Have fun.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-12-07, 09:50 PM   #10
Corkyone
A Murloc Raider
Yeah Itemsync has a Quickbag function, but it doesn't add them up, only shows them in a list

totalgold sounded promising but it only seems to show the gold each character has.. not the value of their possessions.

The hunt continues.......
08-13-07, 12:59 AM   #11
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Herein lies the problem. Using vendor prices is a static number. Using auctioneer data (especially for people who don't use auctioneer) is only relative to the how often your data is updated. Your server and faction will further complicate things. All this can vary greatly. What value does a BoP have? The more of this data that you record/require, the larger the database.

It's a really cool idea, but looking at it from a programming perspective, there is only so much that you can ask for. An addon (or extra feature of existing addon) to sum up your coin and at least vendor-price goods could be cool.

08-13-07, 10:14 AM   #12
robthedude
Don't Panic

Originally Posted by Gemini_II
An addon (or extra feature of existing addon) to sum up your coin and at least vendor-price goods could be cool.
Yup, and I'll keep bumping this thread 'till I get it!

08-13-07, 10:16 AM   #13
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Don't you know LUA? I thought you did..Well, if you do, make this addon, it would be awesome ^.^

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-13-07, 10:26 AM   #14
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Try talking to the author of AuditorFu? I think that one is the closest to what you're looking for.

Next step would be crash-course-in-LUA. Start reading the FAQ's about addons (specifically the wowwiki.com stuff) and dissect a few addons to see how they work and how you could make what you want. It's usually easier to get help from someone than to have them code it for you.

08-13-07, 11:42 AM   #15
robthedude
Don't Panic

hmm, ok damnit!

I shall learn LUA, oh yes... I shall...

edit: maybe

08-13-07, 12:34 PM   #16
robthedude
Don't Panic

hokay... now, I know programming isn't easy, but this is probably the 10th time I've looked for a guide to lua programming and not come up with anything better than a list of functions and many lovely guides detailing how to print "Hello World!" to the chat window...

10 PRINT "Hello World!"
20 GOTO 10
RUN

yeah, ok, great... anyone got a link to a guide that'll tell me how the rest of lua fits together?
ie: whats () for? what exactly does ... do?
I've hammered WoWWiki to death and got nothing more out of it than a headache...

Last edited by robthedude : 08-13-07 at 12:42 PM.
08-13-07, 01:28 PM   #17
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Lol. I'm not a programmer either but I can crash-course those questions for you.

The "()" is a value. A value (in the case of wow) can be something like: "target" "player" "0" "1" "" "nil" etc.

I can't remember what ellipses do in LUA....

Start at http://www.wowwiki.com/Interface_Customization and dig into the Beginner's Guide (with links) and the http://www.wowwiki.com/Category:HOWTOs section. You should be able to get a .TOC and at least the headers for a .LUA file.

Look through similar mods code. It's a huge help to see how someone made something work, so you can re-create it.

08-13-07, 02:09 PM   #18
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.lua.org/pil/
http://lua-users.org/
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-07-07, 09:08 AM   #19
Corkyone
A Murloc Raider
Still love if anyone had something close to an addon that would calculate your net worth based on gold on all characters + auctioneer value of tradeable items in your inventory/bank.

I have zero lua experience.

Possession is a great starter. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=6443
AuditorFU has also been indispensable to me http://www.wowinterface.com/download...AuditorFu.html

This would be great since it would let you know which characters have a lot of $$$ in their bank waiting to be sold.. or just satisfy general curiosity on how much wealth you have accumulated (items+gold). You could see if you're building net worth or losing it over weeks or months.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Net Worth