04-05-10, 04:53 PM   #1
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Bag sorter

Hello,

I'm a Bagnon user. I like the look of one unified bag. Sometimes, after autoselling grays, dumping greens into the guild bank for disenchanting, and putting stuff on the auction house, my bags become a disarray of bleh. I currently use BankStack to organize my bags, but it freezes my game for a good chunk of time before things go back to normal. Any alternatives?

Thanks!
04-05-10, 05:54 PM   #2
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alternatives are kRestack, MergeBags or NeatFreak.
04-05-10, 06:21 PM   #3
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Mr.Plow is another one.

04-05-10, 08:23 PM   #4
TekNoir
Premium Member

Premium Member
JPack and Genie are good as well. Genie is sort customizable with lots of options and JPack is zero configuration and very fast.
04-06-10, 12:05 AM   #5
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Either you have an old version of Bank Stack , a corrupted SV file or you have may something wrong with your hardware.

Because on my computer it doesn't freeze up at all.

It does do this funny thing with the cursor but I was still able to catch a fish and recast my fishing lure line twice while it was running it's sort.

EDIT : off topic. Looks like someone changed the 404 page for wowace.com . possibly ck knight

Take a look :

http://www.wowace.com/addons/Mr%20plow

Displays this graphic :

http://static.wowace.com/base/images...g?r=650ba7347e

Cute kitteh on 404 page FTW !
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 04-06-10 at 12:07 AM.
04-06-10, 01:48 AM   #6
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

BankStack works without problems, lag, delays or anything else. Update yours (link above) and/or reset your saved variables. It can restack or re-sort or both at your choice.

MrPlow is also fine. But its somewhat less polished than BankStack. It automatically restacks your items retrieved out of mail (with no way to turn it off). The LDB feed has left-click to re-sort/stack everything, right-click to re-sort/stack your bank with no way to change it. BankStack allows full click customization of the LDB feed.

But MrPlow does allow full custom stacking and/or sorting by command line commands, as BankStack does through its LDB feed.

As to others mentioned by other people above, they either have less choices for stacking/sorting or are something completely different.

kRestack doesn't have an option for sorting your items, unlike the above two. It only restacks them into maximum ("compressed") stacks (which the above two can also do).

MergeBags is similar to kRestack; it restacks items into compressed stacks and does not sort them.

Genie both sorts and restacks your items with no choice of doing either one or the other alone, unlike the first two above.

jPack is similar to Genie; it both stacks & sorts with no option for choosing one or the other alone.

NeatFreak is something completely different. It doesn't re-sort or restack items. Instead it automatically moves looted items to bags you specify beforehand.

Last edited by Zidomo : 04-06-10 at 02:15 AM.
04-06-10, 02:09 PM   #7
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Any way to arrange how BankStack sorts? After clearing saved variables and downloading a fresh copy, my bank now cannot achieve "perfection." I can always arrange my bank and it will never be satisfied.
04-06-10, 02:24 PM   #8
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Every mod that can actually sort items as opposed to just stacking uses their own methods/algorithms for sorting. The results will be different with every mod you try.

BankStack will give you a different sorting result than MrPlow will. Or that Genie or jPack will.

But...some mods offer different options for sorting for placing specific items/item types in preferred locations. BankStack does; head into its options in the Blizzard options panel. Typical options include moving "soulbound items to the front", "ignoring" certain bag slots and so on.
04-06-10, 04:45 PM   #9
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

Have you taken a look at Baggins? It's not a stacking/organizing addon, but it does give you the option to either create as many or as little "virtual" bags as you want, and as many or few sections withing those bags as you want, while also allowing you to assign categories of items to each section and assign categories to individual items if you don't like the default category they are in (like a Pitchfork being reassigned from "TrashEquip" category into a "Costume" category to keep it separate from the vendor trash you might loot). It also has a feature where anytime you have multiple stacks of items that are not full stacks, you click a button that will appear in the bag frame and it will stack the items for you. It would replace your bagnon addon, but you can set it up to look very similar to bagnon if you take some time to tweak it. My setup is VERY organized, and now that I have it the way I like it, I'll never use another bag addon again, unless baggins completely goes into a state of neglect and breaks.

Here's a screenshot of one of my toons with his bag and bank open in all it's organized glory:
04-06-10, 05:46 PM   #10
Annyonne
An Aku'mai Servant
ArkInventory?

Similar to the above, but everything is divided within one pane instead.
04-06-10, 06:09 PM   #11
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

Baggins has an option for one bag as well....I just like the organization of "themed" bags.
04-07-10, 07:42 AM   #12
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
ArkInventory is weird on my computer, it only lets me vendor four things at once. I use Vendorizer to sell/repair junk, but for some reason, with ArkInventory, it sells 4, then another 4, and takes a while. Baggins looks a lot like CargBags, which is great and all, but I use Bagnon for a small, simple, 1 bag frame, and not bunches of little ones everywhere.

I looked in the Bag section on the site and saw the addon TBag. Anyone know how that addon is?
04-07-10, 08:18 AM   #13
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by littlebuddha79 View Post
Baggins has an option for one bag as well....I just like the organization of "themed" bags.
Learn to read, perhaps? :P

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-07-10, 06:27 PM   #14
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
What does knowing how to read have to do with organization?
04-07-10, 09:02 PM   #15
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Haha! I was quoting you for the poster above me, who posted below you that he/she wanted a single bag so Baggins wouldn't be a good fit. Apparently, that poster could not read your comment.

04-07-10, 09:04 PM   #16
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

To make my intention more clear:

Originally Posted by littlebuddha79 View Post
Originally Posted by Politig View Post
<snip>Baggins looks a lot like CargBags, which is great and all, but I use Bagnon for a small, simple, 1 bag frame, and not bunches of little ones everywhere.<snip>
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Bag sorter