03-15-11, 12:44 PM   #1
T.N.Tee
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation About Satrina Buff Frames

I would like to know (like many others i'm sure) if "Satrina buff Frames" is actually being continued by "Diocode" as mentioned by Satrina (Author) himself here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ffFrames3.html

Since on the following message (at the same link) he explains why he is dropping the project and that if anyone wishes to officialy take over the project should contact him. I guessed that that message would have been edited somehow as to justify his message about Diocode taking over the project.. He could have of course simply ignored or forgotten that part... But still since things are a little foggy, i would really appreciate an answer on this thread from either Diocode or Satrina. Thank you in advance...
03-15-11, 01:32 PM   #2
Akkorian
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, he’s listed as an author on the addon page (the original author has to add him) and the addon description says:

SBF Will Continue!
We have a new maintainer for SBF! Diocode has agreed to take over SBF and keep it going. We are in the process of handing over code and getting things arranged. I am sure he'll be along shortly to say hi and tell you all what his plans are. I'm leaving you in capable hands here, and I hope you all enjoy your continued adventures in Azeroth with SBF
So I’m guessing he’s officially continuing the addon.
03-15-11, 04:02 PM   #3
Greevir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Unfortunately though, that "SBF Will Continue" message has been there for months with no input from the person that was supposed to continue it. I was a LONG time user of SBF. Would love for someone to pick it up, but till then i'm using Aura Frames from curse.
03-24-11, 09:53 AM   #4
T.N.Tee
A Defias Bandit
Still no news or answer by either Satrina or Diocode anywhere on the web... xD
03-24-11, 03:37 PM   #5
PurpleWedgie
An Aku'mai Servant
I've switched to Raven (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...242-Raven.html) and been quite happy with it.
04-27-11, 11:02 PM   #6
diocode
A Defias Bandit
Update

Update:

I have received a few messages regarding development of SBF. I am still working with the previous developer. Feel free to check back from time to time if you wish, but I cannot make any promises as to how fast an updated version can be provided. There are many factors that are delaying this project one of which I have mentioned as well as real world problems and other projects that demand my time and effort.
04-29-11, 06:39 PM   #7
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by diocode View Post
Update:

I have received a few messages regarding development of SBF. I am still working with the previous developer. Feel free to check back from time to time if you wish, but I cannot make any promises as to how fast an updated version can be provided. There are many factors that are delaying this project one of which I have mentioned as well as real world problems and other projects that demand my time and effort.
That's all fine and such, but a small word from you after Satrina left it in your hands would of been wonderful instead of making loyal fans of the addon(s) for years go month(s) without word or if you were actually intending to update.

I hope that real life issues with you go for the better and hope to see a update of SBF when ever you have time I know I would hop right back into using SBF right away.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » About Satrina Buff Frames