04-23-09, 08:23 AM   #1
Raventhorn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Question Achivement tracking?

Is Carbonite tracking achivements now? I have two Death Knights, one on a PVP server and the other a PVE server. Both are currently in Outland and neither have much in common as to completed quests, achievements, level, etc. Both show the following in their quest watch list however, in blue text:

To Hellfire and Back 10/90

I'm not sure what this is exactly but a Google search turned up the fact that this is the title of an achievement. Not sure if Carbonite is displaying this by design or if it's a bug. If by design, how do I turn this new feature on/off? Thanks!

PS: Love all the changes/fixes in the newest version. Carbonite is the best addon ever made IMHO. :-)

04-23-09, 10:07 AM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yep, we just added this in the last version. There is an achievement for completing a certain number of quests in each of the zones in Outland and Northrend. We felt this was such a common achievement to track that we would automatically put it into the quest watch list.

04-23-09, 11:42 AM   #3
Raventhorn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Interesting. Are there any plans to add in the ability for a user to choose which achievements are tracked and be able to turn it off completely if they so choose? I understand that they can be a big deal for some folks (nyah nyah, my e-penis is bigger than yours!) but personally I don't really care about them. Right now the wife and I just want to focus on making it to level 80 and my quest list is already cram packed at 25/25 most of the time. I always figured I'd work on achievements after that if I find myself bored enough lol. ;-)

04-23-09, 11:48 AM   #4
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

We are undecided as to whether we will add full achievement tracking in the future. It will depend on the level of support for this feature, priorites, etc.

We will add an option to disable this feature.

05-22-09, 10:58 AM   #5
LadyNixie
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy tracker

I didn't even know this was here until someone else told me about it, and mine just isn't there... So why is it I have 3.12 and can't see it?

Also Blizzards quest log is still popping up even though I have turned it off SEVERAL times... I am thinking these 2 things are related LOL

I also have Overachiever, which seems to have some sort of conflict as well since it STILL tells me I haven't eaten that object or whatever even though I have a LOT....

I found out that having Overachiever was the culprit ROFL I turned it off and sure enough there it was...

Last edited by LadyNixie : 05-22-09 at 11:04 AM.

08-01-09, 10:04 AM   #6
Hiker
A Murloc Raider

I am also looking for the option to disable the constant achievement tracking, i.e. (To Hellfire and Back 10/90). Haavok mentioned back in April that the ability to turn off this feature was going to be added but I can't find an option to turn it off.

In the mean time I have disabled it by deleting the following lines from "Carbonite.lua":

local mId=Nx.Map:GCMI()
local a=Nx.Map.MWI[mId].QAI
if a then
local id,nam,_,don=GetAchievementInfo(a)
if alw or not don then
local _,_,don,cnt,nee=GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(a,1)
local col2=don and "|cff808080" or "|cff8080ff"
return format("%s%s %d/%d",col2,nam,cnt,nee)
end
end

Basically I removed the contents of the function "Nx.Que:GZA(alw)". So far I haven't noticed any errors being created but I can't guarantee that this will work for others. I really don't know what I'm doing here, I just wanted to get rid of the constant achievement tracking.

Thank you,
Hiker

Last edited by Hiker : 08-01-09 at 03:38 PM.

08-01-09, 01:17 PM   #7
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I honestly don't see the problem here - it looks to me like carb is tracking one achievement - the one about how many quests you've done in the zone you're in. It takes up one line in the display, which is no big deal to me. While I usually just do what Tourguide tells me, and don't pay much attention to the achievement, it's nice to see how close I am to it, and I can see others using it to say to them "time to move on to another zone". IOW, if you aren't interested in what it's telling you, just ignore it.

08-01-09, 01:57 PM   #8
Hiker
A Murloc Raider

Yes, that is exactly what it is tracking and it is only useful if you are working toward that one particular achievement. Personally, I like to keep my ui clean so I'd rather turn it off than ignore it. Thanks for sharing your opinion though.

08-02-09, 01:09 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Added "Show questing achievement for zone" Quest Watch option.

Will be in next version.

08-03-09, 06:55 PM   #10
Hiker
A Murloc Raider

Thank you, your work is much appreciated!

Last edited by Hiker : 08-03-09 at 11:59 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Achivement tracking?