10-08-11, 02:06 AM   #1
Shmii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
EventHorizon Replacement

So I'm looking to find a replacement for EventHorizon. I feel in love with it ages ago, but I've come across this issue with the addon lately. The issue is that EventHorizon tracks auras by their spell name, and not their spell ID. This has some pro's and cons, but it makes it makes it impossible to track things like the bleed from the glyph of hemorrhage.

Instead of trying to change the code, and dealing with the ripple effect of having to track down several other errors and change another 50+ lines of code (I did give it a shot, I got 3 changes in and stopped), I would rather find a replacement or rebuild it from the ground up. Yes, I would rather work on a new addon from the ground up than I would dig through another's code. So I was wondering if anyone knew of an addon that had the same look and mannerism to save me the time of redesigning it.

It's clear that Taroven still has an interest in maintaining the addon, but I expect that an issue like this is a little more than a quick fix for them. Therefore I'm not sure how long it would be before they can fix it, or if they even would have a solution in the foreseeable future.
10-08-11, 03:55 AM   #2
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
You could probably set up Gnosis to look something like EventHorizon
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...andTimers.html

I also really like Inline Aura, although it puts the information on the buttons themselves, instead of as a bar on the screen:
http://www.wowace.com/addons/inline-aura/
10-08-11, 02:09 PM   #3
Shmii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Gnosis doesn't look like what I'm looking for, nor Inline Aura.

I really like the fact that in EventHorizon the spell duration isn't something that's a percentage of the width of the box. I like that the width of the bar, even if it's clipped so it maxes out at the edge of the backdrop and border, has a size that reflects it's duration such that all the bars are too the same scale, and not have the size of the duration be fit to the size of the bar.

That's not the best description of what EventHorizon looks like, but I hope it's good enough to get the point across.
10-08-11, 02:23 PM   #4
lordkarthas
An Aku'mai Servant
I think you can set Raven to work like this, with the Show With Uniform Duration option in the Timer Options tab. That scales all bars relative to a fixed duration (which you specify) rather than each spell's duration.
10-08-11, 02:39 PM   #5
Shmii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That's pretty close, except that Raven falters with the same issue that EventHorizon does.

Raven combines both Hemorrhage debuffs into the same bar, using the 60s one first, then a moment later it switches to the 24s one, then once that expires it goes back to tracking the 60s debuff. Meaning the conditionals in that addon are set to rely on SpellName and not SpellID.
10-08-11, 02:53 PM   #6
Unkn
Premium Member

Why don't you just take 10 mins and set up seperate bars in EventHorizon?

Heck if you give me the names of what you want to track ill look thru mine and split it for you. Just make sure you include what you want where. I've set most of my toons up with custom setups on EH and it really doesn't take that much time once you know what you are doing.

Example:
My hunter setup

[Serp Sting]
[Chimera Shot/Black Arrow]
[Explosive Shot/Aimed Shot!]
[Steady/Cobra Shot]
[Rapid Fire/Readiness/Sniper Training]
10-08-11, 03:25 PM   #7
Shmii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've tried that. It doesn't work, like I've already said.

Has anyone been able to get this to work with the glyphed bleed from Hemorrhage? Right now, EventHorizon is using the 60s debuff from the 30% bleed debuff, rather than the glyph bleed itself; so the bar lasts 60s instead of 24s. They share the same spell name (but different ID) so I assume there's a conditional that uses the name rather than the spell ID somewhere, I just haven't nailed down where.

For Reference:
Glyphed bleed spell ID - 89775
30% bleed damage debuff - 16511

So I should be able to use
Code:
self:NewSpell({
	spellID = 89775,
	dot = 2,
	numhits = 12,
	debuff = true,
	refreshable = true,
	requiredTree = 3,
})

EDIT: Looks like the bars are stored by SpellName, and not SpellID. Seems like a bit of a design issue and I'm not sure how I could fix it easily.
That's what I wrote on the comments section of the addon. I've tried to make it work, but it isn't.
10-08-11, 04:13 PM   #8
Unkn
Premium Member

Okay well doing a little research...

Glyph of Hemmorrhage ... the spell from this glyph is actually spell id 56807.

Try...

lua Code:
  1. -- Hemo
  2.     self:NewSpell({
  3.         spellID = 56807,
  4.         debuff = {56807, 35290,50271,30070,16511,33878,33876},
  5.         unique = true,
  6.         refreshable = true,
  7.         requiredTree = 3,
  8.         requiredLevel = 29,
  9.     })

That might make a difference. If not I can try something else.

Last edited by Unkn : 10-08-11 at 04:23 PM.
10-08-11, 04:24 PM   #9
Shmii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Actually it's not. It's 89775.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=89775
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0z...?s=1008&e=1163

Notice how they both share the spell name "Hemorrhage". EventHorizon is just broken in this regard.

Edit: More evidence towards it being spellID 89775 is that effect cell in the data table on the Wowhead pages show that 89775 is a bleed debuff, while 56807 shows a server side script. What this means is that spell 56807 runs whenever Hemorrhage lands, it takes the damage done and calculates how hard the 89775 is supposed to hit for, then it spawns that bleed debuff and overwrites any already existing.

Last edited by Shmii : 10-08-11 at 04:42 PM.
10-08-11, 04:42 PM   #10
Unkn
Premium Member

Hrm yep, I've tried like 5 different spell ids, that is so weiiird. I've never run into a spell that EventHorizon does not track. I'm wondering if we have messed up something somewhere. I even split it into its own line and its still tracking for 60 secs.

Now I'm annoyed that I can't sort it out. I have a raid atm I'll see if I can mess around with it later...

Ghetto suggestion... use stopwatch in game macro it to hemorrhage hehe for the effort
10-08-11, 04:51 PM   #11
Shmii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've got PowerAuraClassic set to tell me when I don't have the bleed on my target, as that seems to be tracking spellID's appropriately for now. Unfortunately I don't consider it a very aesthetic or functional way of handling this, but it works for the moment.

Anyways, thanks for trying to help at least. I'll keep watching the thread to see if anyone knows of anything else similar to it in the meantime.
01-17-12, 10:58 PM   #12
neogia
A Defias Bandit
Not sure when this got fixed or if you might've been entering it wrong before, but this works just fine for me:

lua Code:
  1. -- Hemo
  2. self:NewSpell({
  3.     spellID = 16511,
  4.     debuff = {89775},
  5.     unique = true,
  6.     refreshable = true,
  7.     requiredTree = 3,
  8.     requiredLevel = 29,
  9. })

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » EventHorizon Replacement