09-29-10, 04:00 AM   #1
bravejohn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Addon database list for offline use

Hello.Is there a way to download a list of all addons available and their description, in order to use it when I dont have internet connection?

The reason is that I travel a lot and I dont have internet in my laptop, but it would be nice to have an addon list to search through :P

thank you
09-30-10, 01:38 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bravejohn View Post
Hello.Is there a way to download a list of all addons available and their description, in order to use it when I dont have internet connection?

The reason is that I travel a lot and I dont have internet in my laptop, but it would be nice to have an addon list to search through :P

thank you
Hmm, an list of AddOns descriptions that can be read offline... To be quite honest, that is vitrually impossible as that list would be constantly changing as new AddOns are written and old ones updated.

For major AddOns, I would just open up your favorite text editor or word processor. Now find the AddOns you wish to have the description of in an offline form and do the ol' copy 'n' paste of the relavent bits of next. For day to day changes, make use of a RSS reader that grabs the goodies off RSS feeds and caches it locally for offline reading. Most of the major AddOn sites such as ours have an RSS feed so you can keep track of changes to your favorite AddOns.
10-07-10, 09:19 AM   #3
bravejohn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for answering and sorry for the delay.

I use the curse client in order to keep up to date the addons I have from curse.

I update manually the ones from wowinterface :P

but in curse client, when I want to download a new addon, first of all it download the addon list.That is about 4-5 seconds that mean that this list is very very small ( or highly compressed) and the programm is able to read this list.

I just thought it would be possible to download this list manual and open it with a specific programm such as curse client and search through the addons database.

Of course there will be no screenshots , as the size of this database would be very large, but at least the name of the addon, a small description, and how many downloads has already (as an unofficial rating).

I think it would be nice for those people who use Laptops or have pc at work without internet, as they can search all the addons.Also it would be nice for the addons Arthurs cause a lot of people when they are at home with internet connection they prefer to spent their time playing the game and they don't search too deep inside addons database.While in offline mode they will really have a look to all addons once they can :P

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon database list for offline use