11-27-06, 12:44 PM   #121
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Samiel
Vint, he meant the menu bar, as in, the bar that has all the icons, including bags, chacater window, Help context menu,so on and so forth.

oops.. my bad.. I misunderstood.

Click on MazzleUI to bring up the default minimenu bar, and your bag icons. MazzleOptions is brought up by left clicking on the MazzleOptions button over by the Recap, NECastingbars, Effiecency mode, etc.. buttons.

11-27-06, 12:55 PM   #122
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Aurora

I am on a 17" laptop with my graphic settings on 1440x900.
The first problem i had, the mini map just disappeard. I had to leave the zone and come back to get it to work. (i was in EPL, near naxx)
By chance, are you a Mac user? There is a glitch with how the game client handles going from full screen to windowed mode (and any resizing of the window) on Macs that causes anything with a textured border to disappear. typing /rl will reload your UI and correct this. (it will correct it if you're not a Mac user as well)

The next problem i had, which is harder to realize because you have to wait till your in a raid to figure it out, is I cant get the partys to line up where i want them to. They seem to be Right inteh middle of my screen at the top. I have tried differnt options, but it just overlaps teh partys, and i cant read them at all. And is there a way to show the Main and Off tanks?
Right click on MazzleUI to go through the various default raid views, there are views with raid bars on top + party view on bottom, and various combinations. I personally (when I was playing on 1440x900) prefered raids bars on bottom+no party view

Third. I am tryign to figure out an easier way to use arcane brilliance. I want to be able to select one person from teh needy list with out having to /target so-and-so then AB them. This is a slow process. I am sure that tehre is a way to do this, but i kinda lost.
Click on thier name in thier raid bar, click arcane brilliance, lather, rinse and repeat for any other raid groups you're responsible for buffing. (this is what works for me)

There is also the known issue of the Cinnamon buns, not conjuring. Is there a button to have you sit and drink/eat at the same time? As opposed to clicking each one.
Autobar doesn't support eating/drinking with just one click.

Oh, one last thing!
A pretty vital spell cast is Portaling, who come there is no function for that?
I am just nwo reading thru all the forums so if any of this has been answered, i will edit my post as necessary.
Presumably, you're looking for something more then clicking on the portal icon in the context menu?

I play a mage myself, and I've never found that I needed anything except the portal spell icon(s) to manage portals, I'm curious as to what you find needs more managing?

11-27-06, 01:18 PM   #123
Aurora
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Vint
By chance, are you a Mac user? There is a glitch with how the game client handles going from full screen to windowed mode (and any resizing of the window) on Macs that causes anything with a textured border to disappear. typing /rl will reload your UI and correct this. (it will correct it if you're not a Mac user as well)

Nope, not a mac user. I have always played the game in widescreen

Right click on MazzleUI to go through the various default raid views, there are views with raid bars on top + party view on bottom, and various combinations. I personally (when I was playing on 1440x900) prefered raids bars on bottom+no party view
Will try that. I just hate trying to figure this out at the beginning of a raid.

Click on thier name in thier raid bar, click arcane brilliance, lather, rinse and repeat for any other raid groups you're responsible for buffing. (this is what works for me)
When I have clicked on thier names (as this seemed the most logical though) and it isnt selecting that person. I haev tried right clicking and left clicking.

Autobar doesn't support eating/drinking with just one click.

Ok.

Presumably, you're looking for something more then clicking on the portal icon in the context menu?

I play a mage myself, and I've never found that I needed anything except the portal spell icon(s) to manage portals, I'm curious as to what you find needs more managing?
Maybe i just am not seeing the portal menu.. I will look again.
and.. done

Last edited by Aurora : 11-27-06 at 01:20 PM.

11-27-06, 01:42 PM   #124
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please read the FAQ. Most of your questions are already answered there.

I am on a 17" laptop with my graphic settings on 1440x900.
The first problem i had, the mini map just disappeard. I had to leave the zone and come back to get it to work. (i was in EPL, near naxx)
This is a known blizzard bug when you change certain settings and you have changed the mask on your minimap, i.e. the square minimap. Reload your UI. This is in the FAQ.

The next problem i had, which is harder to realize because you have to wait till your in a raid to figure it out, is I cant get the partys to line up where i want them to. They seem to be Right inteh middle of my screen at the top. I have tried differnt options, but it just overlaps teh partys, and i cant read them at all. And is there a way to show the Main and Off tanks?
Read the FAQ to learn how to switch your raid layout views.

Third. I am tryign to figure out an easier way to use arcane brilliance. I want to be able to select one person from teh needy list with out having to /target so-and-so then AB them. This is a slow process. I am sure that tehre is a way to do this, but i kinda lost.
Right-click on the need icon or shift-right click on any raid frame.

There is also the known issue of the Cinnamon buns, not conjuring. Is there a button to have you sit and drink/eat at the same time? As opposed to clicking each one.
The 'known' issue? I don't know of any such issue. You can click on MageFu to start conjuring bread and water or use the context menu. There is no one button eat and drink.

And at this moment, last but not least, I am blind. The UI is REALLy way to small for me. I knwo that smaller means more info, but there has to be SOME compromise in sizing? Please? I find mysefl squiting at everything. I saw this addressed inteh FAQ, but Its the one thing i ABSOLUTELY hate so far, and unfortunately may make me ultimately uninstall sucha a great peice of work. I have made all the chat boxes to Mr.Magoo size, but the mini map is so small i dont see the yellow dots for herbing hardly at all, And CANNOT read to fonts for the quest logs
As for the size issue, you can obviously try one of the other font size install options. There's three of them (also documented in the FAQ). They only change the chat fonts and don't affect certain other things in the UI like the status windows or the quest log, so it may not be enough for you if you are legally blind. If that's the case and you're not willing/able to tweak everything on your own, then the UI may indeed not be a good fit for you.

Oh, one last thing!
A pretty vital spell cast is Portaling, who come there is no function for that?
I am just nwo reading thru all the forums so if any of this has been answered, i will edit my post as necessary.
You can find your portal and conjuring spells in the second page of the context menu.

11-27-06, 01:42 PM   #125
diveX
A Fallenroot Satyr
Fehler: attempt to index field `?' (a nil value)
AddOn: Chatmanager
Datei:Chatmanager.lua
Zeile:3253
Fehler Nummer:7
--------------------------------------------------
Fehler: attempt to concatenate field `rangedCrit' (a nil value)
AddOn: FuBar_CombatInfoFu
Datei:FuBar_CombatInfoFu.lua
Zeile:488
Fehler Nummer:1
--------------------------------------------------
Fehler: Channel send missing channel number
AddOn: !!!Libs
Datei:AceComm-2.0.lua
Zeile:2527
Fehler Nummer:Unendlich

I dont know which addon it is, but it spam everybody which wrote LFM in LookingForGroup channel with LVL Class Name

11-27-06, 01:44 PM   #126
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by RhysBJ
Is there a reason an older version of Necrosis (A warlock mod) is being used and not the newest version? Or did you just not realize there was a new version out?
To get it out faster, I did not do a last check on versions before releasing. With 2.0 coming out pretty soon, I probably won't do another update round. We'll see.

11-27-06, 01:47 PM   #127
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by subby33
Mazz I apologize if this has been asked before but I cannot seem to find the information and neither can my friend.

On my walrock character I found the keybinding to make my pet attack, but there is no binding option to "un"attack the target.

Can you please help?

The UI is beautiful BTW ::Hug::

PS: We're on the same server! ;-)
I assume this means that 'stay' or 'follow' button. Some button layouts overwrite the bindings for the secondary action bar (I think that's what the pet bar is called). The warlock one might be one of them. You'll have to choose new bindings for them in the normal key bindings window.

11-27-06, 01:48 PM   #128
Aurora
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Please read the FAQ. Most of your questions are already answered there.

This is a known blizzard bug when you change certain settings and you have changed the mask on your minimap, i.e. the square minimap. Reload your UI. This is in the FAQ.

Read the FAQ to learn how to switch your raid layout views.

Right-click on the need icon or shift-right click on any raid frame.

The 'known' issue? I don't know of any such issue. You can click on MageFu to start conjuring bread and water or use the context menu. There is no one button eat and drink.The issue is already listed in the bug section, by someone else.

As for the size issue, you can obviously try one of the other font size install options. There's three of them (also documented in the FAQ). They only change the chat fonts and don't affect certain other things in the UI like the status windows or the quest log, so it may not be enough for you if you are legally blind. If that's the case and you're not willing/able to tweak everything on your own, then the UI may indeed not be a good fit for you.

You can find your portal and conjuring spells in the second page of the context menu.
Well I am sure that you didn't intend to come off mean, I feel like you have. I am trying to tweak things, thats why i am asking questions.

I guess i will just uninstall it.

Thanks anyways.

Last edited by Aurora : 11-27-06 at 01:51 PM.

11-27-06, 01:49 PM   #129
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Desmoras
Hi Mazzle,

Good work on releasing to public
I personally don't like the font... Is it possible for me to change it?

Des

PS. A Job well done indeed Mazzle.
You can change the font if you'd like, but my guess is that doing will make other things not look right. It may take a good deal of tweaking. For example, if the font you choose makes text wider than the widget holding the text in your unit frames, you could get a lot of "..."'s as things get truncated.

11-27-06, 01:51 PM   #130
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Agios
Only a problem i have found so far.. when i am raiding (and i do alot) there is no MT targets on the lower right corner where there supposed to be, alhtough i have set them from the Ora2 interface and i am sure that they option to show Tanks is "ticked" .... still no frames on the lower right corner :S maybe.. i did something wrong...but by default there was no frame there at all !.. i would appreciate any suggestion....
Try clicking "Request Status" in the oRA menu in your FuBar.

11-27-06, 01:52 PM   #131
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Agios
O yes... about mount..well i have a pala 60 and i had some trouble to find where the mount were... there was no mount bottom so i had to "Drag" the mount icon to my bar.. Ofc i might be blind and there is a mount bottom around ^^
Hmm...that might be it. I may have left out the Paladin summon spells. I know I put the warlock ones. I'll check that.

11-27-06, 02:04 PM   #132
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xfaktah
1) for rogues ( i got 3 of them lvl 60) the UI is really clean and perfect for what they r supposed to be played.
just 2 notes: autobar not load cripp, instant and so on rogue potions...
when in stealth form it doesnt change main action bar
The default autobar setup will not have class-specific things like rogue poisons. But there's a poison bar already there in the bottom left, that is described in the layout description.

As for stealthing, that is by design. There is one bar in the top right that does switch to show stealth-only actions. If you want a large bar that switches with all your skills, use the simple rogue layout. That's what it's for.

2) for my priest ( a T2 raidin 1) i found the UI someway a problem with my playinway:
i usually click heal on emergency monitor ( ctra 1 or squishy) as the most of priests.
i didnt find any on the addon and the raid frames at 1280 reso are too smal to be clicked.
Well, that's the compromise I had to make to get the layouts to fit in that screen size. If it's too small for you, turn off raid frame management in the options and resize and position them how you'd like.

2)i added mount me in your addons (i didnt find any in your work)
As documented in the faq and the button layout descriptions, it should have put it in slot 120. It does NOT show up as a button, but you can mount with shift-~. If that doesn't work, post what your mount is.

4) Needy list .... suxxxxx....so bad...( guess you need find a better way to manage buffs and such)
You guess wrong. I and many others think Needy List is great add-on. I don't find the argument that it "suxxx so bad" compelling. I just find it rude. If you don't like it, disable it.

5) the way you access to bags ,talent options and such is way to hard..it took me about 30 minuts to get first in there and anyway its too long process
Yes, if you don't read the documentation and just try to guess how things work, it will take you quite a bit longer to figure stuff out.

im sure you can do better and some addons like superispect , Aucion house ones and supertalent can be turned off having a huge perf increase.
SuperInspect and the auction house add-ons should almost NO impact on game performance. They do almost no processing except when you open them or are at the AH.

11-27-06, 02:07 PM   #133
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Congroge
Anyways thx for the Open Beta realease, and how do we submit discord Action Bar Layouts?

Oh and is the how do i hotkey the opening of the context menu to a mouse button?
With 2.0 breaking DAB, there's no need to submit any at the moment.

It should already be bound to shift-MB4 and shift-MiddleMouse. You can rebind it in the keybindings under MazzleUI.

11-27-06, 02:12 PM   #134
amazing
A Defias Bandit
just regged to say amazing work on the ui. had some issues but your faq covered most of them, the rest i figured out myself. i bow before the ui king Mazzlefizz

11-27-06, 02:13 PM   #135
kendon
A Murloc Raider
ToTT

Had a look through the options and help and couldn't find out how to enable ToTT (target of targets target)

Help !

And whilst I had my doubts about whether we'd see this released I have to take my hat off /bow /salute /respect and say what a job..Blizz should make this the default TBC UI.

It's fantastic how you looked at things like memory management and performance..really..big credit for this.

Last edited by kendon : 11-27-06 at 02:16 PM.

11-27-06, 02:16 PM   #136
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Savyor
I reported this as a bug from the d/l page, and you already replied there too Mazz. Is that the big text box on the left that has data about all the loaded addons, etc? I will disable it tonight to see if it goes away because I can't see that as being on all the time.
That is WarmUp. The UI should automatically disable it after one use.

60 Warlock - At first, I also had the two circles in the center for dot timer and cd timer. I managed to move them and eventually figured out what they were, but that was the only real issue I had with this toon. I love that you included Necrosis as I use that all the time. I also like the context menu, and a quick mouse scroll to have a second page...brilliant! Oh, I enabled needy list but it showed up directly under the Necrosis sphere. It took some doing to unlock the sphere to move it away so I could move needy list up above it. Maybe put in a FAQ for configuring both of these addons at the same time and getting them set-up?
The warlock testers told me they didn't really need NeedyList, at least not enough to warrant the cost. And there was no room for Necrosis, so it was an easy swap.

I'd write a faq item for it, but, in all likelihood, NeedyList will be dead and unable to run back to its body in 2.0.

30 Pally - I love the Offensive / Healing switches for the button layout...that is simply awesome! I also noticed that on the left bars, there is a 1-2-3 switch thingy. On 1, it showed all the blessings that I have learned (only 5, so the 6-button bar wasn't full). On 2 and 3, it just hid that 6-button bar completely. This was confusing, and I assume that when I learn new blessings they will just be added to the bars (completing 1, then filling 2, etc.) and the switches will let me swap bars quickly. Is this what these 3 switches are for? Or can I add other skills (or items like E-Z throw dynamite?) to bars 2 & 3 manually?
They will not be added automatically. Like all the layouts, you can remazzify the buttons to refresh your skills when you get them.

And of course, you can put whatever you want anywhere you want. They are your buttons!

Overall - Love the clean look and the screen real estate for viewing the game world with so much functionality and info. The map is great, but I had a question about it... I used to use MetaMap and I had tons of notes of NPC's and other locations for quests and stuff. Is there anyway that those notes can be shown on this map? and if so, how would I copy/import them from my old UI folders? I didn't see an import option in the map options panel.
Alphamap does seem to have settings for MapNotes, so I'm guessing it's compatible with it. You'd probably just have to install MapNotes. That's about all I know. I'd go to the Alphamap page. The author of it is really friendly and responsive.

I would also like to see a single bag window too, especially for the bank. Would it mess things up if I replaced it with Bagnon/Banknon or some other bag/bank addon?
You tell me. Never tried it.

11-27-06, 02:19 PM   #137
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Releaux
I have the Red Skeletal Horse. I only have one character with a mount, so I'm afraid I can't test it on another just yet. If it would be helpful, I can uninstall the UI and reinstall it fresh...
I'll check that mount out.

11-27-06, 02:20 PM   #138
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Sleaker
Gatherer seems to not be working, buggy or something? Or it might be my interface.
Nothing has been reported, and the Mazzifier does not change any Gatherer settings.

11-27-06, 02:26 PM   #139
diveX
A Fallenroot Satyr
Every time when I die, my chatboxes goes away. cant find it. only relogg helps.
your UI dont like me

11-27-06, 02:28 PM   #140
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by diveX
Every time when I die, my chatboxes goes away. cant find it. only relogg helps.
your UI dont like me
Hmm, I know they sometimes disappear when you change interface or video settings. Try disabling the death effect. Maybe that's acting like a video change setting on your machine.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI