06-06-07, 11:24 PM   #1
Maalpractis
A Murloc Raider
Mock up off-line ?

I was just wondering, is it possible to arrange the pieces of a UI without being logged in to the game ? What I mean by this is, is there a program or something that allows moving the pieces of a UI around so that you can try different arrangements ? Once you have a set up you like could save the WTF information and plug it in so when you log on, the UI is already set up and rdy to go.
06-07-07, 12:15 AM   #2
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would not mind seeing something that allows this.
06-07-07, 12:39 AM   #3
Voonka
A Cyclonian
My Best Guess...

I would imagine that theres a way to make a utility like that, but I would also imagine that since most of the info that your UI uses is loaded on demand from a server, it would be difficult to replicate not only the load order, but also you would have to dummy up every file. I wouldn't doubt that this is makeable; I just doubt anyone wants to spend that much time on a tool. That is at the very minimum a project worthy of someone as selfless as mazzlefizz or seerah, as far as this site is concerned. I would recommend checking on other mod forums and speaking to authors.

Last edited by Voonka : 06-07-07 at 12:50 AM. Reason: It made no sense
06-24-07, 08:43 AM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I want this.

Someone with no life and know java needs to make one.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-24-07, 09:10 AM   #5
Avelina[BL]
A Kobold Labourer
Seems like a large amount of work when you can simply log into WoW and play with your UI to your hearts content...
06-24-07, 01:31 PM   #6
Sajomatic
Deuce Interfaces

Premium Member
onm
(too short)
06-24-07, 02:48 PM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Avelina[BL]
Seems like a large amount of work when you can simply log into WoW and play with your UI to your hearts content...
it adds to your played time though.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-24-07, 08:50 PM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

In theory you can use alts for the bulk of it, liyttle lvl ones you dont plan to keep, then save the raiding type stuff for mains =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-03-07, 12:34 AM   #9
clownboi
A Kobold Labourer

well my question or actually just a sugestion, wouldn't it be easier to use a private server to work on the bulk of the main code then the little tweaks that require blizzard server files to be used on an alt or something of the likeness. Now raiding tweaks of course would have to be on a bliz server seeing as how most of the DKP points and what not would have to be realistic instead of just scenario raids. But thats just my sugestion.
06-21-09, 06:16 AM   #10
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I have removed the discussion about private servers from this thread. Do not discuss them on this site. Thank you.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 06-21-09 at 06:20 AM.
07-02-09, 02:11 PM   #11
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
Originally Posted by Avelina[BL] View Post
it adds to your played time though.
I don't see why that makes any difference, I spent hours on end every day with some of my main chars, testing and debugging addons while I was writing them.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Dev Tools » Mock up off-line ?