07-14-10, 06:00 PM   #1
Hockeytown
A Defias Bandit
Click menus stops working

I noticed last night, that if I entered a random LFG, I could not right-click my picture at the upper left. I'd hear the strong click sound that wow makes, but no menu pops up. Therefore, I could not leave the instance. Also, the little green eye on the minimap would not bring up the menu to teleport out of the instance. When I disabled Carbonite, everything was fine. Retried with Carbonite enabled, same problem.

07-14-10, 11:11 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only way to be absolutely certain that Carbonite is causing your problem is to disable every addon except Carbonite and see what happens then. If the problem remains, then it is definitely a problem with Carbonite. If the problem is solved, then it is more than likely a conflict with another addon and the only way to find it is to enable small groups of your addons at a time and doing whatever gave you the problem until it shows up again. Then go back to the last group of addons you enabled and disable them one at a time until the problem stops again. That addon is most likely the culprit. Time consuming, yes, but as far as I know it's the only way to find the conflict.

07-15-10, 02:02 PM   #3
Hockeytown
A Defias Bandit
Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm probably going to have to do what you suggest and report back. I was kind of hoping someone else was having a similar issue, and maybe I'll get lucky over the next few days if someone else reads this post. I guess the problem after the last major patch that was causing the massive frame rate drop had me jumping to conclusions this time when disabling Carbonite fixed it. I'll report back if I find a conflict to FYI everyone. Chances are, I'll disable that addon since I have a hard time living without Carbonite! Great addon.

07-15-10, 06:17 PM   #4
coorsd
A Murloc Raider
Hello,

I have had the same problem where the menus on the right side of my screen have went away for my toons on the bronzebeard server. But on Aerie Peaks, everything works fine. So I am not sure what to think. I have downloaded and reinstalled Carbonite again without any success in correcting the problem.

Thanks

07-15-10, 07:02 PM   #5
coorsd
A Murloc Raider
I have done as you requested earlier in this post. I disabled every addon except Carbonite, and still had no menus on the right hand side while on the Bronzebeard server. By menus I mean, I cannot choose tracking type, I cannot view the calendar etc.

I also did try to remove the carbonite items in the wtf folder without success. I have also removed teh addon, downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled.

Thanks

07-15-10, 08:02 PM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
By default, iirc, carbonite puts "minimap buttons" (buttons which in the default blizz UI are spaced around the minimap) into a 'button menu" which lives on the right side of the screen. There's an option to turn it off somewhere, in which case your buttons should either be around the minimap, or managed by some other addon (MinimapButtonBag is an example, so is nUI). Maybe that will help you find the problem.

07-16-10, 03:13 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by coorsd View Post
By menus I mean, I cannot choose tracking type, I cannot view the calendar etc.
So you're talking about minimap buttons, not portrait right-click drop-down menus?

Like Chmee said, Carb catches all generated minimap buttons and puts them in a little minimap button window. If you can't see this on your screen, maybe it's been accidentally moved off the screen. In this case, type "/carb resetwin" in your chatbox to reset all Carbonite windows, including the minimap catcher, into your screen again.

07-16-10, 09:06 AM   #8
coorsd
A Murloc Raider
Thank you so much! The /carb resetwin did the trick

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Click menus stops working