07-06-10, 03:34 PM   #1
eLWizard
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Minimap and Maximized Map Issue...HELP!!!

Ok well i dont know if this is some kind of error that "happendz alot" but i dont know how to resolve it and havent seen anything like related on this forum. . .

Cause this is not my first language , i may have a lil bit of problem explaining my self, but i took a couple of screenshots to post them to , so that you guys can see and maybe help me better , plz xD

ok this happend out of nowhere, i dont know what i clicked and i think i dindt even stoped to se what happend until we finished raiding lol then i saw my mini map and was like o.O wtf!?
As you can see in the first screenshoot, that top left part of the minimap that usually was small it streched and it cover more then half of the minimap o.O and i cant leave it like it was before, tryed reseting the layout , changing some settingz and even reinstalling the Carbonite folderz, or triying the latest version, but that one gives me some errors so i left the 3.3.3 version... Anywayz ummm on the second picture as you can see the maximized map is having the same problem with that enlarged map thingy o.O and the map is also screwd cause i cant se much or even click on it

I hope this is a easy job to help me with, tnx in advanced you guys, excelent Addon, using it since i started to play WoW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot01.JPG
Views:	645
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	4572  Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot02.JPG
Views:	638
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	4573  Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot03.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	4574  

07-07-10, 03:30 PM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

The solution is easy. Update to the latest version of Carbonite.

07-07-10, 05:44 PM   #3
eLWizard
A Murloc Raider
Huh !?

Like i tried to explain on the last post, I did updated to the lates version, but it kept giving me a **** load of LUA error every time i loaded WoW and it didnt actually fix the issue, the map was still looking the same, not functioning like it should... but anywayz, i was hoping the author of the Addon replyed to this post him self lol... but oh well, that solution wasnt as easy as you think my friend...

07-07-10, 05:55 PM   #4
eLWizard
A Murloc Raider
Cool But !! ?

But!! i actually did something and did fix the issue, and im gonna coment on that ...

I was moving carbonitez settings around and the map kind of worked, I removed that black spot from the carbonite map, by unmerging the wow map and the carbonite map, after the reload map looked ok, BUT :S the search hour glass thingy didnt show me for example all the herbs on the map, or regents or whatever... so i guess the wow map is the one that takes care of that, hmm
To keep my mind out of having a fuked up minimap/map while playing i started to configure other addons that i had, mmm like xperl and stuff that i have, so i went on and installed also de Titan Panel and some other addons that are on stanby, BUT titan panel had this TitanMinimapControls.zip and TitanMicrobuttons.zip and one of thouse two tinny addons for Titan Panel, had this option that removed the minimap o.O and by using that setting it kind of reseted what was wrong with the original wow map and after some tweaking and shyt o.O everything its ok again ROFL!!! Did it make sence?!

Anywayz, thnx for a great addon and keep up the good work people xD
happy gamming...

07-08-10, 04:27 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

The map issue you are describing was resolved in a later version of Carbonite. Thus, updating to the latest version of Carbonite would remove the issue you're complaining about.

Unless you're an addon developer or reporting LUA errors (out of what I've seen here, you do neither), you really don't need to view LUA errors at all. I don't, and Carbonite in its latest version works like a charm. Sure, there might be a few LUA errors hidden in the background, but that doesn't keep my game from working like it should.

07-09-10, 11:47 AM   #6
eLWizard
A Murloc Raider
xD ok dude

yawn!...........

07-17-10, 06:52 AM   #7
Thiassi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
The map issue you are describing was resolved in a later version of Carbonite. Thus, updating to the latest version of Carbonite would remove the issue you're complaining about.

Unless you're an addon developer or reporting LUA errors (out of what I've seen here, you do neither), you really don't need to view LUA errors at all. I don't, and Carbonite in its latest version works like a charm. Sure, there might be a few LUA errors hidden in the background, but that doesn't keep my game from working like it should.
It runs like a gimped dog. The LUA issues need to be reported so to be fixed.

Carbonite still suffers from the same problem it has always done. It's "too chatty" and causes, even high end machines, to stutter and drop fps.

I love Carbonite but it's unusable at the moment.

*Edit - been doing some testng and disabling as many of the "broadcast" options as possible along with most other features of Carbonite and I'm now getting a steady fps. Occsional stutter but not as bad as previously.

I've never had any major probs with Carbonite until v3.3.5.

Last edited by Thiassi : 07-17-10 at 07:16 AM.

07-17-10, 11:54 AM   #8
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Never had any problems whatsoever with either increased latency or decreased FPS on any of my computers due to Carbonite or any other addon. I reckon it's mostly dependent on how many addons you're using, and which addons it is.

With the latest version of Carbonite, running a steady 70 FPS (43 in Dalaran) with medium-to-high settings. No FPS drops whatsoever, bar raid bosses.

So I reckon it's rather unfair to label Carbonite as "unusable" because your machine drops a few FPS's every once in a while. Maybe try disabling a few other addons and reduce your memory usage?

08-02-10, 10:24 AM   #9
Dyrodor
A Kobold Labourer
Ive just had this problem and after i read the posts i messed around with the settings and fixed it .

Right click on the map and select the minimap option. Uncheck the full size option and it should go back to normal.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap and Maximized Map Issue...HELP!!!