10-28-10, 05:26 PM   #1
gossipgirlxo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[request] hide/remove target unitframe buffs & debuffs

I cant find a lightweight addon that simply does this. I enjoy using ai-art for my unit frames but dislike the debuff and buffs of my target underneath the unitframe.
10-28-10, 07:47 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
In an effort to help you, I feel I must ask first: how do you intend to see this information after you've hidden the target's auras?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-28-10, 08:01 PM   #3
gossipgirlxo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
In an effort to help you, I feel I must ask first: how do you intend to see this information after you've hidden the target's auras?
I currently configured rFilter3 to show the debuffs and buffs that I want. it uses spell ID's so it wouldn't be affected from hiding the buffs/debuffs of the unitframe.

EDIT: although I don't think rFilter3 would be effected. I don't assume to know =/

Last edited by gossipgirlxo : 10-28-10 at 08:04 PM.
10-30-10, 11:54 PM   #4
gossipgirlxo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
bump

still looking for the answer
10-31-10, 04:02 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you looked at HideBlizzard? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eBlizzard.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-01-10, 01:31 AM   #6
gossipgirlxo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
yes, but I didn't want to use such a giant addon to do one little thing. in fact Im actually surprised there isn't an addon that does what I am asking. Im gunna read up on some more lua coding to try and do this myself I suppose.
11-03-10, 10:09 PM   #7
Cindy1002
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by gossipgirlxo View Post
in fact Im actually surprised there isn't an addon that does what I am asking.
The thing is, most unitframe addons allow you to toggle (de)buff under the frame on and off. So either your unitframe addon doesn't have the feature or it's buried some where less then obvious.

I'd post a comment in the ai-art's addon page and see if the creator will add the feature or tell you how to do it.

Something to realize is that if your unitframe mod is building a new unitframe, another mod might not be able to suppress what it's doing. You can't use a mod to counter another mod unless they're made to be compatible with eachother, get what I'm saying? Anyway, a lightweight option might be buffalo3. It was abandoned because of the new (de)buff aura rules blizzard put in, but it'll let you detoggle the enemy buffs. If it works, then you know any mod will work.. if it doesn't work, then you need to consider a different unitframe with the ability to control the auras (if the one you use does't let you toggle them.)

Last edited by Cindy1002 : 11-03-10 at 10:20 PM.
11-04-10, 02:56 AM   #8
Taryble
A Molten Giant

AI-Art isn't an addon. For the UF's, it just replaces the border art. :>
11-04-10, 07:44 AM   #9
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Look in the code of hideblizzard to see how they're hidden?
11-04-10, 10:11 AM   #10
Cindy1002
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
AI-Art isn't an addon. For the UF's, it just replaces the border art. :>
Well if that's the case then Buffalo3 will definitely work for suppressing the default buff bars.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » [request] hide/remove target unitframe buffs & debuffs