06-19-07, 02:35 PM   #1
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
WoWAceUpdater Install

Originally Posted by DomiceUDMAGE
also, WAU isnt working for me so im stuck untill mazzle releases a full download of the working MU (however many months that will take).
One of the reasons why WoWAceUpdater won't work is that your computer needs the .NET Framework installed.

Here is the link found in the ReadMe file of WoWAceUpdater download.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...s/default.aspx

When you go to this link, you'll get redirected to this link or run this link first.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/net.../aa731542.aspx

When this page gets loaded, you'll need to look at the:

.NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package section.

Click on the link:

Download x86 version (if you are using Intel or AMD CPU PCs, which is what I used when I needed to download this package).

After downloading it, you'll have to run it to install the package.

Once installed, you'll be able to use to WoWAceUpdater application.

AFAIK, if your computer can run WoW, it can run the WoWAceUpdater.
06-19-07, 02:36 PM   #2
Ringleron
Installing/Updating MazzleUI

Here is what I did to get my MazzleUI updated.

1) RENAME your WTF and Interface folders to WTFOld and InterfaceOLD (i.e. backup the folders). If you have a Fonts folder, rename that one too to FontsOLD.
2) Run WoW and setup your Video Interface to the way you want it.
3) This would have created the new WTF and Interface folders.
4) Get the !!StandaloneLibraries from files.wowace.com and place it in the Interface/Addons folder.
5) Run the Install.bat in the !!StandaloneLibraries folder. This batch file would move the library folders up one level to Interface\Addon folder.
6) Download the MazzleUI 1.01 from the download area.
7) Copy the folders into the Interface\Addons folder. Answer NO to overwritng prompt. There is no NO TO ALL button, but the windows trick is to hold the SHIFT key while pressing NO or you can click no numerous times.

At this stage, you'll have all of the MazzleUI addons plus any of the libraries from the !!StandaloneLibraries folder.

8) Download the WoWAceUpdater (sorry forgot the link). Note you'll have to have the .NET Framework installed in order for the application to run. See the ReadMe file that came with WoWAceUpdater.
9) Extract the files to a folder and then run WoWAceUpdater.
10) In the Edit menu, select the Installed Addons or hit F4.
11) In the File menu, select Install/Update marked addons without externals.

WoWAceUpdater will update your current addons.

12) Go to the MazzleUI download and download the QuickFix.
13) Extract the folders into the Interface\Addons folder. Answer YES to overwrite (as you will now apply MazzleFizz's quick fix to the Mazzifier and Bongos).

At this stage, you'll have the MazzleUI addons and ace libraries updated as well as the WoWAceUpdater installed.

Do not add any other addons yet.

Login to the game and check out your characters and COMPLETE Mazzify the characters that "don't look right".

I'm hoping that all will be normal at this stage, as:
a) You've resetting your SavedVariables.
b) You're updated all of the addons and libraries.
c) You haven't added any other non-MazzleUI addons (except for the other libraries of Ace)

You probably should also update the non-Ace addons (search for "non-Ace" for the thread).
06-19-07, 02:46 PM   #3
Ringleron
The above steps are not mine.

They were from the compilations of previous people who have posted these update steps.

AFAIK, Airdragon was the first one to post these steps.

These steps will NOT make your MazzleUI error free, but, it will get you up and running.

The steps in the 2nd post took me about 1 hour to finish (including downloads and whatnot).

Lastly, you can add non-MazzleUI addons (at your own risk of course). I recommend adding one at a time to see how it behaves.

AFAIK, the only non-MazzleUI I added was the QuestAnnouncer.

Edit: Of course and the ACE libraries that were installed by the previous steps.
06-29-07, 10:42 AM   #4
Ringleron
Shameless Bump!
06-30-07, 10:13 PM   #5
Ringleron
Shameless Bump
07-01-07, 09:33 AM   #6
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

No reason to keep bumping this, as mazzle explains it in the 1.1 documentation that has been released.
07-01-07, 01:00 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
His last bump came before 1.1 was released.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-01-07, 11:20 PM   #8
Ringleron
Originally Posted by Seerah
His last bump came before 1.1 was released.
Thanks, Seerah.
07-02-07, 02:20 PM   #9
Stormlor
A Cyclonian
The thing with .NET is that it does not work with Macs. So anybody out there (other then me) who are on a mac playing WoW, .NET framework will not work for you. Apple will release "Leopard" in October that will have some ways of using .NET framework with it.
07-02-07, 02:26 PM   #10
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Stormlor
The thing with .NET is that it does not work with Macs. So anybody out there (other then me) who are on a mac playing WoW, .NET framework will not work for you. Apple will release "Leopard" in October that will have some ways of using .NET framework with it.
Not sure if it is currently working, but there seems to be a MacAceUpdater:
http://code.google.com/p/macaceupdater/
07-02-07, 02:30 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It should be working, as there's a nice long thread for it over on wowace. I believe someone made a thread in these forums for it as well...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » WoWAceUpdater Install