05-01-08, 07:54 PM   #1
Voxtrot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Chat Tabs (not frame) Moved or Hidden.

Ok so I am trying to get my UI to look somewhat like this one below, but I want to move the Chat Tabs to the "bottom of the frame" so as not to interfere with any of my action bars, just need a mod to move them to any portion of the screen or move them to the bottom of the chat frame instead:

Tabs I want moved, where it says General, Combat, etc

As you can see I dont want it conflicting with my action bars.
05-01-08, 08:09 PM   #2
Nitogs
Silent

Premium Member
if you lock chat setting under the bizz tab it hides them as it is.
05-01-08, 10:36 PM   #3
Voxtrot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nitogs View Post
if you lock chat setting under the bizz tab it hides them as it is.
Tried that, didnt work. Perhaps due to Prat?
05-01-08, 11:38 PM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is not the best addon to use for something like this but it does work.

Get Discord Frame Modifier (and Discord Library) from here

Here is what to do to move the tabs:

type /DFM

In the Frame field type ChatFrame1Tab --- Correct caps is needed so be careful

In the Name Field type Tab1General --- It can be named whatever you want. I used this as an example

In the Header field type !Added --- again can be whatever you want. This will just add frames you add manually under a heading of !Added to the top of the frames list for easy access.

Put a Check on Use in the Frame Location section. You can check Lock to if you want. This can sometimes prevent other addons from moving this frame.

Click the Drag Frame button

Use the Arrow buttons around the 0 to move the red box around. You can drag it if you like but be careful ... it doesn't always work well and can cause frames to get lost off screen (the 0 should center it to the middle of the screen) so it is best to just use the arrow buttons. The left mouse button moves it 1.00 per click, the right mouse button moves it 5.00 per click and the middle mouse button continuously moves the frame.

The Combat tab frame name is ChatFrame2Tab.

------

You can use the frame finder to find the manes of other tabs as well but I'm gonna say each tab adds +1 to the ChatFrame#Tab name.

Need anymore help please ask.

I'm sure someone could also create an addon that does this on its own too.
05-02-08, 12:47 AM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you want to hide them (an option as the title implies) you can do so with prat. Seph has the solution for moving them.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-02-08, 11:38 AM   #6
Voxtrot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
If you want to hide them (an option as the title implies) you can do so with prat. Seph has the solution for moving them.
I may try the Discord method, but Im trying to keep the UI minimal. My buddy and I had toyed around with Prat and couldnt find this feature. Mind helping me as to what Prat options to choose to hide them?

**Edit found it, the feature was disabled from the start for some reason, toggled it back on**

Last edited by Voxtrot : 05-02-08 at 12:01 PM.
05-06-08, 09:21 AM   #7
Nitogs
Silent

Premium Member
Yea didn't think about you was using custom chat filters I use standard and mine is always hid glad you got it working

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Chat Tabs (not frame) Moved or Hidden.