08-03-08, 06:01 PM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Question about BG's

Ok, so I have been playing WoW for 2 years now and have had several toons. I love this game but have always had a couple issues, both having to do with finding people to team up with. I have managed to get my NE hunter to 70 with very few Instances and perhaps 2 or 3 times in WSG very early. I would love to start doing BG's and ALOT more instances but my problem is...I am a a bit of a novice in group settings and I hate upsetting people when I am not sure what I should be doing. Nothing like having people harass the crap out of you cause you don't know what your doing. Doesn't make BG's seem very inviting. How can I get some knowledge of how BG's work and what a certain toon should be doing in an instance with out causing a major problem. It seems some people forget they didn't start out knowing everything.

Thanks for any input!

08-03-08, 06:08 PM   #2
Freki
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey, we all gotta start somewhere

Both the official WoW site and WoWWiki have plenty of information on battlegrounds. Check em out and ask any questions here if there's anything confusing.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/battlegrounds/
http://www.wowwiki.com/Battlegrounds
08-03-08, 06:11 PM   #3
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

There's a lot of good info on http://www.wowwiki.com. WoW is pretty brutal these days it seems as far as attitudes of some people so probably want to start out with some easier instances to just get the feel of working in group settings. Then you can try moving on to heroics, Kara, and the 25-mans when you're feeling more comfortable.

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to double post there Freki... seems we both were typing at the same time. I stopped doing battlegrounds a while ago as I just got too frustrated trying to work with so many different people. I guess I just prefer raiding where there is some consistency in knowing who you're going to be grouped with.

Last edited by erica647 : 08-03-08 at 06:14 PM.
08-03-08, 06:20 PM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Try to define your role in a group. There are basically 3 things a group needs every time: a tank, a healer and DPS. It's handy if DPS is capable of Crowd controlling to make an instance easier.

If you are looking for a group or making one yourself look for those 3 things and MAYBE prefer more crowd control capable classes over those that are less or not capable (like a retribution paladin has basically no CC just as a moonkin, atm). I'm not saying those classes won't work, are bad or something. But it might be better to keep their weaknesses in mind if you just start getting into "the group thing"

A hunter is there for DPS and laying traps for crowd control. That's what he's doing in PvE and PvP. With the difference that opposing players won't make it as easy business as mobs do.

And besides of all that, just take complains not to serious, but try to learn and improve.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Question about BG's