10-02-08, 04:34 AM   #1
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
rothUI + oUF_Orbs

Question and discussion thread for my interface and the oUF layout.

oUF_Orbs
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=11052

roth UI
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9175

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
10-02-08, 09:47 AM   #2
Fulnir
A Murloc Raider
Hello Zork!
First of all, I love your Orbs and Diablo idea, that's a keeper big time! However they're giving me a headache as I really can't figure out what's happening when I enter instances.
I've taken some screenshots for you to look at:

Outside Instance, notice everything works fine:

Inside Instances it's a different story:

I've gone through the .lua to find anything which could be causing this, but my lack of coding skill catches up to me here. Can you please tell me what's wrong and if there's a fix? I'd really like it if the orbs would just stay as they are in screenshot #1 permanently.

I'm using your Diablo3Orbs addon from your earlier UI's, since a while back I had one of my friends recode the text to use short hp and mp text (10000 hp or above shows as 10k, same for mana). Think it's really handy so the text doesn't get covered by the art.

If you could help I'd be extremely thankful.
Thanks

Last edited by Fulnir : 10-02-08 at 09:51 AM.
10-02-08, 11:23 AM   #3
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I described that problem in the comments of my interface. Its a known issue with animation files upon entering instances.

What happens is that the position of the animation changes when entering a specific instances.

Check the Diablo3Orbs lua code for "SetPosition" and try sth like (-10,0,0) and see what happens. Its (z,x,y).

z Zooms out and in
x Moves the animation on the x-axis
y Moves the animation on the y-axis

SetModelScale is rather special, it behaves like a zoom but different.
SetModelScale(0.01-5) can make sense.

I worked around this issue for my oUF_Orbs by using two animations and very special SetPositions.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
10-02-08, 11:52 AM   #4
Fulnir
A Murloc Raider
So if I use the newer standalone GlowingOrb addon, I should be ok? Problem is that that addon doesn't have player frame recognition available to it like the "Diablo3HealthFrame" provides (or maybe there is and i'm just blind/stupid?).
I can probably get my friend to help me do the text thing again on the GlowingOrb addon, so that should be manageable.

Thanks for the answers and sorry that I missed your comment on the error.
10-02-08, 12:21 PM   #5
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Fulnir View Post
So if I use the newer standalone GlowingOrb addon, I should be ok? Problem is that that addon doesn't have player frame recognition available to it like the "Diablo3HealthFrame" provides (or maybe there is and i'm just blind/stupid?).
I can probably get my friend to help me do the text thing again on the GlowingOrb addon, so that should be manageable.

Thanks for the answers and sorry that I missed your comment on the error.
You could use oUF_Orbs.

10-02-08, 01:44 PM   #6
Fulnir
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, about that

Just toyed around with it a little while and there's some things I'm unable to do, lack of knowledge I'm afraid..

1)
I can't seem to find where I can configure the Player Power Orb anywhere, I'd like it split from the Health Orb so I can create my original D3Orb layout with this one. The Health orb is configured around l. 480 and I got that working fine.

2)
I can't seem to remove the player CastBar + black circle, what do I have to delete/comment out?

3)
Lastly I'd like to add text to the Health and Power orb. Can you give me any clues as to what I have to import from the old D3Orb addon?

Understandable if you can't be asked to go so much in detail with this, but I think alot of other people would benefit from having the old (& original) Orb layout with your new technology attached
10-02-08, 06:50 PM   #7
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The diablo style is still in developement. I want to finish the futuristic style first.

10-03-08, 06:48 AM   #8
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ok you guys now take a look:

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw18507.jpg

This is oUF_Orbs with the "d3orb" on. I am developing this version atm.

As you can see it starts to look like my previous Diablo3Orbs UI but with the full oUF functionality.

Thats what I am trying to tell you all the time, just need some time to create the style.

But I need some help since I have to decide where to put PET, FOCUS, TARGET, TARGETTARGET and PARTY.

Castbars will be normal statusbars and for player and target only.

But which unitframes should get Orb style and which should use a normal style? What do you think?

oUF_Orb styles can be switched easily be changing the active style in the lua.

10-03-08, 07:12 AM   #9
Fulnir
A Murloc Raider
I think it looks really good already. Perhaps move the Focus and pet orbs a bit more left and perhaps the target's target a bit more right, but besides that I think it's solid. I take it party orbs are spawning at the top left corner?

Hope you make an easy feature to remove stuff within the style, like me I only want player health and mana orb + texts, since I'm pretty sure it would take too much getting used to healing an orb instead of a bar.

Last edited by Fulnir : 10-03-08 at 07:28 AM.
10-03-08, 04:44 PM   #10
mage
A Defias Bandit
nice touch

but how do i add text to the orbs like target level hp mp some or none but be able to if i wanted..class race you got the idea..please help
10-04-08, 07:45 AM   #11
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I will do that. The final layout is not finished. Lets collect some ideas. I will grab the bunch of ideas and create a basic layout out of it.

Release will be when 3.0.2 hits life, currently testing stuff on PTR.

10-06-08, 02:08 AM   #12
dafire
Premium Member
i think the orbs are cool for the player .. but I'd use something else for the other frames.
10-06-08, 06:28 AM   #13
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thats the point, World of Warcraft is not Diablo, you need much more information here.

I think party orbs would be OK in the top left corder.

Target Frame...difficult question, it could be a orb in the lower right or a bar at the top.

10-07-08, 09:24 PM   #14
smassie
A Defias Bandit
I downloaded and installed your Rothui. Very impressive but I have one question... Where are the combo points for rogues?

Hopefully I just overlooked something, but if not, please let me know.

Thank you very much for a great mod and wonderfully clean ui.
10-09-08, 04:45 AM   #15
samuraicow
A Kobold Labourer
Idea for both addons

Right so first of... great job man! really like this ui! boxes got old after 4 yeras, long live orbs!

now to my idea,
how about.. when you get enraged you will have visual effect for it in the orb,
for example the colour of your HP could change or say both that and a violent movment could be seeing in the water, like a tsunami\tide beating a building,
10-10-08, 06:41 AM   #16
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by smassie View Post
I downloaded and installed your Rothui. Very impressive but I have one question... Where are the combo points for rogues?

Hopefully I just overlooked something, but if not, please let me know.

Thank you very much for a great mod and wonderfully clean ui.
Try to load the latest version of oUF_Orbs, I think its in there. The first versions don't have combo points.

10-10-08, 06:50 AM   #17
smassie
A Defias Bandit
I will certainly do that first thing tonight.

Thank you for the response, I'm really looking forward to using this UI.

Great work!!
10-14-08, 05:22 AM   #18
Xuets
A Kobold Labourer
I really like your UI, but I have one question.

I like it more when the Minimap is between the Action bars. I can move the Minimap, but not the texture arround the Minimap. Is there any way to do this?
10-16-08, 04:24 AM   #19
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I am working on my UI to make everything run again under wotlk.

oUF_Orbs are done already and can be downloaded.

10-17-08, 11:48 AM   #20
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

3.0.2 dev shots
http://img1.abload.de/img/wowscrnsho...08_194036k.jpg
http://img1.abload.de/img/wowscrnsho...08_19263q1.jpg
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw18997.jpg

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » rothUI + oUF_Orbs