04-14-09, 10:23 AM   #61
StolenLegacy
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
Great to hear that wow interface is working on this but i do hope it gets put out soon as 3.1 is upon us!

and blocking the other apps that allow us to update our addons when this patch is coming out is going to painful for me esp since i have over 50 addons.
/run print(GetNumAddOns())

QQ moar.

EDIT: Oh, and is there a way to change the text below my username? Horde can't be Defias.

04-14-09, 11:04 AM   #62
Kallieen
Lady of Shadows

Posting more or signing up for a premium membership are the only ways I know of.

Looking forward to the new updater, it'll be nice for the WoWI only mods I use.

04-14-09, 01:21 PM   #63
jhelms62
A Murloc Raider
3.1 update hell

I understand why you've decided to block wowmatrix on the day where it's most helpful to users, but since you have no functional updater it's putting users at a serious disadvantage. Won't you at least consider putting up a link to your "alpha" updater since the current one appears to be completely non-funcitonal now?? Curse did the right thing by revving their updater into a useful tool.

04-14-09, 01:29 PM   #64
Kardinalsin
A Fallenroot Satyr

getting this error

Unable to read favorites list. Check your internet connection and try again.

running windows 7

04-14-09, 03:47 PM   #65
Crovax
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by StolenLegacy View Post

QQ moar.

EDIT: Oh, and is there a way to change the text below my username? Horde can't be Defias.

looks like i counted wrong.. lol..

but still kudos to you mate.. gl updating 349 addons

04-14-09, 03:50 PM   #66
kalvin
A Defias Bandit

Keep up the good work guys, hope the manager comes along with patch 3.1

Go go go!

04-14-09, 04:35 PM   #67
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

How did people get in on the alpha testing?

04-14-09, 04:40 PM   #68
Perrin
A Defias Bandit
I'd like to reiterate the request for access to the alpha. Anything is better than opening zip files one after another and checking ToC's to see if they've been updated.

04-14-09, 05:29 PM   #69
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
I'd like to reiterate the request for access to the alpha. Anything is better than opening zip files one after another and checking ToC's to see if they've been updated.
Whahuh? There's the updated list right there on the right side of the WoWI homepage... Theres the favorites feed that TELLS you when an addon has been updated... Why would you ever need to unzip and check tocs? I'm just sayin...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

04-14-09, 08:23 PM   #70
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by voodoodad2000 View Post
Whahuh? There's the updated list right there on the right side of the WoWI homepage... Theres the favorites feed that TELLS you when an addon has been updated... Why would you ever need to unzip and check tocs? I'm just sayin...
Yeah, even I don't do that. I check the date updated for each addon, which is obviously still better than checking tocs.

04-14-09, 08:28 PM   #71
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
They didn't. But the original updater is still available for download. Some people have absolutely 0 problems with it. Others aren't so lucky.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-14-09, 08:32 PM   #72
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
Those involved in alpha are "friends and family." Well, friends really, because my family doesn't really know anything about WoW.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

04-15-09, 12:18 AM   #73
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Ah, I see. Need a new bff?

I hope that the new updater is more automated, because having to confirm each addon is less than ideal, especially when you're an addon whore like me.

Last edited by Spectro : 04-15-09 at 12:24 AM.

04-15-09, 01:46 AM   #74
Yuriko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I would just like to say (as an ex-WM user who didn't know anything about it's negative effects), that I am not at all opposed to buying or subscribing to a client from WoWI if it ends up working as hoped.

Surrender
I know you're hiding here
Come, my dear
You can hide in the night while I'm waiting here, all alone

04-15-09, 03:33 AM   #75
StolenLegacy
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Crovax View Post

looks like i counted wrong.. lol..

but still kudos to you mate.. gl updating 349 addons
Curse Client. One-Click, done. It updated 144 addons today, but since EU realms are down anyways...*shrug*

04-15-09, 02:29 PM   #76
Hnybear
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question

I'm am an avid user of both Curse and WI. I was wondering since you have partnered to destroy wowmatrix is there plans of both updaters taking advantage of both sites.

Here's what I mean. I have several addons I use that are only available here and the CC doesn't updated them. I also have several addons that are only on Curse and I know you're updater won't update them.

So I guess what I'm asking is for a joint venture to allow each updater to access the others database and update from both sites.

Yes yes I know just ask the addon others to get their addons up on both sites, but some authors don't like WI or Curse respectively so it's hard to convice them to post/update their addons on a site they might not support.

04-16-09, 02:38 AM   #77
Ka Hooli
A Murloc Raider

Lightbulb ONE SOLUTION for the error: "Unable to read favorites list..."

Originally Posted by Kardinalsin View Post
Unable to read favorites list. Check your internet connection and try again.

running windows 7
I had this error as well, and found out it was because I had a space in my username, I have posted the fix here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...190#post127190
(sorry, too lazy to retype it)

04-16-09, 05:21 AM   #78
Yeoman
A Kobold Labourer
As WoWMatrix is banned by wowinterface and curse, is there a chance to release beta version of updater to the public?

That amount of addons, that i have for all my different chars is too big to go trough manualy.

04-16-09, 06:57 AM   #79
Raistlan
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
As WoWMatrix is banned by wowinterface and curse, is there a chance to release beta version of updater to the public?

That amount of addons, that i have for all my different chars is too big to go trough manualy.
Not only did they mess up WoWMatrix, they, intentionally or not, stopped WUU from working, either, so my WoWInterface mods are lanquishing because they don't have an updater, I've switched all I can over to Curse because of the Curse Client, but there are still several WoWI mods I want to use.

04-16-09, 07:40 AM   #80
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

After reading every single post in this thread... I am quickly reminded of the good ole' days where we had to work just as hard as the authors to install the mods to our games, lol.

I'm excited to see the new WI Updater too, of course, but come'on guys, it can't be 'that' hard to Download, UnZIP 'n Move now is it? :-D

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Our UI Manager