04-15-09, 06:39 PM   #1
aKeio
A Defias Bandit
Minor Annoyance - Faded circle in map?

I can't seem to find out where to disable it,

In the maps (any), there is a faded-out black circle around the silver arrow (me).

It moves when I moves!

edit**

to be more specific its like a proximity thing.. and on the world map only everything inside of the circle is drawn with greater detail etcetc.

Last edited by aKeio : 04-15-09 at 06:54 PM.

04-15-09, 08:40 PM   #2
aKeio
A Defias Bandit
48 views and not one person knows?

04-15-09, 09:05 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's not something I recognize or can picture. Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like when it happens? That will help a lot.

04-15-09, 10:47 PM   #4
Sondgerothja
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The circle you are referring to is the area around you that the 'normal' minimap would have shown you. I assume it's not so much 'black' as 'darker' than the rest of the map area. Perhaps you had your minimap zoomed way out when first turned on carbonite and that's why the details don't line up like they normally would?

04-15-09, 10:54 PM   #5
Xerosum
A Defias Bandit
the grey circle, like mentioned above is the circle of the original minimap.

if you look at it closely its a more detailed view of the map.. the rest of the area outside of the circle is actually the map you see when you hit m.

you can get rid of the circle, by right clicking on the minimap and going to "minimap..." then changing the transparency settings **i think**

its one of those sliding bars anyways, but you get less out of the addon from hiding that grey circle.

after a while you dont even notice it, but thats just my opinion.

04-15-09, 11:45 PM   #6
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

... or you can change the docking conditions or disable minimap integration entirely if you prefer to keep your minimap seperate.

04-16-09, 03:15 AM   #7
Xerosum
A Defias Bandit
unless he wants only one map

04-16-09, 03:24 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is the Blizzard minimap frame. Without it, you cannot have tracking dots, since addons cannot see tracking dots and Blizzard only draws them on the minimap frame.

Right click a non icon area of the Carb map, select "Minimap" and you can change the Transparency slider lower than the 0.50 default value. The value actually only affects the background of the minimap, not the dots.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minor Annoyance - Faded circle in map?