04-26-09, 10:17 PM   #1
Tehdead
An Aku'mai Servant
Minimap Icons

So ya miss me ? lol

Anyway just coming back after a month of .net classes which were pointless but now I have a piece of paper that says I'm capable of doing what I could do before the classes....

At any rate, you thinking about doing anything about the 2 pixel size icons or we gonna see if blizz realizes they messed up?

I do understand theres no actually API to scale the icons themselves, only work around I've seen is replacing the blizz blips with our own images.

Just thought I'd ask, doing pretty good since I can back went from 90+ addons to just under 15 . Which nUI does almost everthing I need .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found a ... well ... can of worms with a prize at the bottom, guess that is the best I can describe it.
Chinchilla - I'm not going to lie to ya huge compatibility issues some from nUI, and others from a crap load of bugs in the librock-config set.

Found this 5mins after posting, I've had to /rl a dozen times to get it right but it works.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: uninstalled - just not worth it.

Last edited by Tehdead : 04-26-09 at 11:26 PM.

04-27-09, 05:54 AM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah --

I've seen the thread on the WoW UI forums talking about Chincilla and decided not to go there. What it's doing is walking the child list for the minimap and reversing the scale of everything in the map... which is causing HUGE issues all over the place.

It's an interesting approach he's taking, but since Bliz won't name any of the POIs in the minimap, there's no way to know which things you're affecting though I can think of a few tricks one could use to figure out it a bit better. All the same, that's a long list of serious bugs and compatibility issues looking for a place to happen.

The most serious one is the issue of location... when you set the position of a frame relative to a point with an offset X and Y, the offset is affected by the scale... so if you change the scale, you also change the location of the point. So the moment you change the scale of POIs in the minimap, you also cause them to not be where they really are and there's no way to tell the minimap code to change the calculation of the location... so the whole minimap becomes useless at that point.

/sigh

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Minimap Icons