04-28-09, 09:10 AM   #1
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
In the folder and not working

First time I got carbonite from the despised wowmatrix it installed and worked great. And I really liked it. After getting used to the updates I continued to like the add on. Now I cannot get it to work or even get Wow to recognize it. Something about my mac and addons just don't always go together. I unzip them and put them into applicatons/world of warcraft/interface/addons just like they are supposed to be and all they do is sit there and occupy disc space.

I do successfully run fubar and plug ins for that, raid dps, bartender 4, deadly boss mods and a few others with no problems. The common link to all of those is they will install from Curse Client now. I fail to see what the difference between Curse Client placing these mods in a folder and me unzipping and placing mods in the same folder but there is.

04-28-09, 11:29 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've seen noted elsewhere that sometimes when people manually extract the addon, it doesn't quite go in the right place.

For example, the 3 Carbonite folders should be extracted into the addons folder itself. I don't use Macs so I'll borrow your folder structure you posted. It should look like this

applicaitons/world of warcraft/interface/addons/Carbonite
applications/world of warcraft/interface/addons/CarboniteNodes
applications/world of warcraft/interface/addons/CarboniteTransfer

What some people have seen when they extract is it comes up like this instead, which will not work:

applications/world of warcraft/interface/addons/Carbonite/Carbonite
applications/world of warcraft/interface/addons/Carbonite/CarboniteNodes
applications/world of warcraft/interface/addons/Carbonite/CarboniteTransfer

I don't know if that is the case for you, but it wouldn't hurt to look

04-28-09, 04:51 PM   #3
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I find the simplest way to install addons is to

1) Open your interface/addons/ folder. Your in the right place when there are Blizzard_XXXXXXX folders there.

2) Download your addons and save them to your desktop.

3) Open those addons to see their contents.

4) DRAG them from the zip file and drop them in your addon folder.

5) Delete the zip file (or back it up somewhere if you like).

6) Play WoW

One of the biggest problems when using the extract feature is it can place all it's contained files into a folder labeled after the zip file itself (this depends on settings that can most likely be changed to stop this.)

99% (if not 100% by now) of all addons are zipped up so dragging the files over will work.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » In the folder and not working