06-15-10, 01:46 PM   #1
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Guild bank ui - any reskins?

I can't be the first person to have this idea. When your guild is huge and you have 3 tabs of gear of all types (cloth/leather/mail/plate/accessories/weapons) and all range of levels, organizing that sucker is a pain and looking through it for gear you can use is also a pain.

Sure there is GuildBankSearch http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ankSearch.html which I found the other day, and that's a little bit useful... But has nobody broken down and rebuilt the entire facade of the gbank itself? I'm talking about the difference between basic vendor ui and GnomishVendorShrinker http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rShrinker.html . Goes from cluttered and cramped to a nice organized list.

I emailed Tekkub about the idea of modifying GVS to reskin the guild bank and all I got back was one sentence about "i dont use the gbank much," so I'm interpreting that as dis-interest. That's fair, not everyone uses every aspect of the game as much as other people do. But from what I've searched for on Wowi and Curse... I haven't found anything that remotely resembles anything I'm hoping for.

There's nothing new under the sun and I'm not prone to thinking that I'm the first to come up with an idea, but I'm beginning to suspect that either everyone else actually loves having a hundred squares crammed all right next to each other, or else nobody else has gotten sick enough of the cramping to do anything about it.

So, anyone know a neat guild bank ui reskinning addon they'd like to pimp? I don't mean one that re-organizes the items in the tabs, I saw a couple posts on something like that and that's not what I'm after. I just want it to /look/ different.
06-15-10, 03:22 PM   #2
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Well I believe ArkInventory has the ability to change the look of it, it also sorts things in categories last time I looked at it which admitedly was a long while ago, but it's the only addon I know of that changes the look of the guild bank.

- Winston Churchill
06-15-10, 03:55 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
This idea has intrigued me, and I started fiddling with the logistics of it while waiting for my random dungeon earlier.

I can't promise that I will have the time to follow through, though.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-15-10, 04:38 PM   #4
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
@Miralen, does ArkInventory... how do i phrase the question. I don't want it to do the other things I've heard it does. My personal bags, my bank, I don't want it to gank around with that. Can I make it work only for the gbank? I'll go look at it and see if I can make it do what I want.

@Seerah: my thought was, just to use GVS as a frame work (not meant to imply that any theoretical finished product would have to look anything even like GVS):
-- The gbank would still take up as much space as the current gbank does, or at least, it wouldn't be any taller, even if it might not be as wide.
-- It would display each current slot as its own row, including empty slots/rows.
-- Each slot->row would be formatted like
[Icon] [Qty] [Name of item, colored appropriate to quality of item] [Type of object] [Subtype of object] [Level] [ilvl]
-- Type of object, ie 'gear' 'cloth' (ie linen wool silk) 'potion' 'bandaid' etc.
-- Subtype where applicable: for gear, stuff like 'cloth/leather' (or would that be Type and Subtype would be chest/legs/etc). for cloth, subtype might be linen, wool, silk. I'd have to go do some reading on how these things are currently tagged in the game.
-- Level would be mostly pertaining to gear and elixirs etc, so a 'required level 33' ring with an ilvl of 28 would show up as [33] [i28].

The brackets obvs wouldn't have to be in the finished product, mostly just doing that for here. I dunno how leet my photoshop skills are... if I could make a mockup or what. I guess I could at least take a stab at it.

I would totally offer to help with the coding, but I've never gotten past the 'hello world box' stage of attempting to learn Lua : x. You're awesome for even thinking about it tho \o/ and if you want me to help test any code or anything, I totally will help any way I can. \o/.
06-18-10, 09:24 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
How's this look?
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=16943
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-18-10, 12:57 PM   #6
Vranx
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Looks good to me, im off to try it out.
06-23-10, 07:17 AM   #7
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
dude that is /awesome/. I am DLing right now.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Guild bank ui - any reskins?