12-09-10, 04:24 PM   #1
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

UI install help needed

hey guys i am having trouble downloading a ui.
the lua config addons work fine but the addons such as dominos,stuf and sbf load as if unconfigured adn have no profiles.?
by the way the extraction process is all done correctly and i have repeated it several times. its only happened with this ui but others seem to install fine witht the same process any one have any knowledge the like to share on the subject?

Last edited by Seerah : 12-09-10 at 04:59 PM. Reason: moved out of screenshots thread -Seerah
12-09-10, 05:00 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You most likely did not rename/install the WTF folder correctly.

Which UI are you installing and what **exactly** did you do to install it?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-09-10, 10:15 PM   #3
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

led ui. and i gurantee that i did the process properly because i tried 4 other uis today and they all worked(freeui,ALzaui)
it seems that only the in game config addons or the ones that have profiles or the ones that dont work in the led ui.for sum reason
12-09-10, 10:36 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, if you are not seeing the profiles in the addon config windows that you are supposed to select as per the install directions, then something must have gone awry with how you installed it. I can assure you that the profiles are present, as I have just looked at the saved variables files for those addons in that UI.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-09-10, 11:00 PM   #5
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

i know this might seem extremely demanding of you but.
step by step would you tell me how I would download and install this properly??
I use WinRAR to extract files.
12-10-10, 12:25 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I haven't used ledUI, nor have I used winRAR in a while. So this walk-through is based on memory and prior experience.

1. Download the UI
2. Open up your WoW folder. Rename your Interface and WTF folders to something like Interface-OLD and WTF-OLD
3. Find where you downloaded ledUI to
4. Right-click it and select "Extract to Here" from the winRAR portion of the menu
5. Open up the new folder that it created (you can delete the .zip file if you want)
6. Cut and paste (or drag) the Interface and WTF folders from the ledUI folder into your WoW folder - so that they replace the ones you renamed
7. Open up your new WTF folder that came with ledUI
8. rename the folder named "ACCOUNTNAME" (not the one named Account) to your *real* WoW account name - *not* your battle.net umbrella account
9. open up that folder and rename the server and character folders
10. enter the game and go to the AddOns menu - if any addons are red, check the "Load out of date addons" box
11. log into the character you used when renaming the folder in the WTF (if you want the UI on multiple characters, you may have to have multiple copies of that folder, one for each character)
12. select the profiles listed from the specific addons mentioned in the install instructions

If it still doesn't look right, log out and then log back in.

If it *still* doesn't look right.... are you sure you have the right resolution for this UI's configuration?

12-10-10, 03:00 AM   #7
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I love you seerah it worked tyvm.i cant explain how grateful I am tyvm.
12-10-10, 03:46 AM   #8
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Might I say that's one hell of a pretty UI! Oh wait!

xD

Cheers for helping him out Seerah.
12-10-10, 10:44 AM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Good! These are the exact same steps to use for any UI you install.

12-10-10, 01:48 PM   #10
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Unless the UI uses an installer without wtf folders, of course.

I much prefer that to getting a whole bunch of different settings and having to rename folders and everything. It's much more efficient.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI install help needed