04-27-11, 02:04 PM   #1
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Thanks

Maybe the general discussion area was better for this.

But, just wanted to say a big thankyou to all the addon programmers who have provided the upward of 20 updates I've recieved through ("Curse") these last 2 days.

I know Curse may be a bad word round these here parts, but it's refreshing to see that so many enthusiastic but unpaid techies have put the time in to ensure that yet another major update doesn't throw us "ordinary" players to far off kilter.

Grand work you guys!!!!! ....... keep lovin' us and the game ;D
04-27-11, 02:59 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Don't curse your AddOns... use WoWInterface!

I agree addon authors have done a great job keeping everything updated. There are a few that I simply can't do with out... or well would rather not play the game with out them and they were all updated quickly.
04-27-11, 03:18 PM   #3
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TrotskyIcepick View Post
I know Curse may be a bad word round these here parts
REPORTED FOR CURSING!

it's refreshing to see that so many enthusiastic but unpaid techies have put the time in to ensure that yet another major update doesn't throw us "ordinary" players to far off kilter.
We're just "ordinary" players with a hobby.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
04-27-11, 03:21 PM   #4
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Just ran WoW and Blizzard have done it again......a none major upgrade and not a single addon still works....including those that peeps have worked hard on to update.

Shame on you !!!!

Having seen the furore that most mod devs are met with after a Blizzard unecessary upgrade I feel sorry for the flack they are now going to get (and I have been party to some).

I for one can't play WoW in anything like an enjoyable manner without my LUI3 and extra mods (but will do so out of sheer bloody mindedssness and love of the game).

Why is it that a developer such as Blizzard who outwardly support the mod community make their lives so difficult.....as a regular CounterStrike player, Valve have never done so to their community of modders).

Addon developers.....DO NOT BE DISHEARTENED!!!.....we all support you, some by slavishly relying on your addons, some of us by donating where possible....do not get tired....do not give up..........WE NEED YOU !!!!
04-27-11, 04:03 PM   #5
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just ran WoW and Blizzard have done it again......a none major upgrade and not a single addon still works
Do you have "Load out of date AddOns" checked?
04-27-11, 04:21 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
4.1 is a major patch.

And, actually, most of my addons worked. /shrug
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Thanks