05-31-11, 06:09 PM   #1
Styleen
A Murloc Raider
Problem with the Carbonite Map - Map stuck

I noticed this problem a couple days ago and it became such an issue that I had to uninstall the addon, which greatly saddens me as I LOVE this addon!

I noticed that my map was stuck on a zone one of my characters was on (Badlands) and nothing I did would make it return to the zone I was currently running in. I'm talking about the regular map, not the mini map (small box inside) or the world map (large one that fills the screen when I hit M).

I don't have a screenshot as I unistalled, but what it was doing is the little box in the insert would show my current map info, but the larger map beneath it was showing badlands (where one of my characters was questing). I couldn't zoom out and fix it. Nothing I did would return it back to how it was.

I'd like to download the addon again to install it (the version I was using was the latest one 4.10 Beta) but I thought I'd post this question first, in case there is something I should have done but did not and have the issue when I install again.

06-01-11, 12:35 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The latest version is 4.1, which is not the 4.1 beta version.

If you left clicked the mouse on the map and dragged it around, it did nothing? Middle clicking the map, should center it on the zone your character is in. Does right clicking the map show a menu? I'd install the current 4.1 version and try it again.

You can also try these:

1 Disable all other addons and test.
2 Rename the WTF\Account\<name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua file to CarboniteOld.lua and test.
3 Rename WTF folder to WTFold and test.

06-01-11, 07:59 AM   #3
Styleen
A Murloc Raider
Yes, nothing else worked. I have had that before, where it's temporarily zoomed in the wrong spot, and usually clicking the map brings it back. This didn't work at all.

I'll try downloading and re-installing 4.1 and see if it works now. Thanks

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Problem with the Carbonite Map - Map stuck