Unread 07-06-12, 09:38 PM   #81
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Guys, I think that's enough with the getglobal rants/speculations. Back on topic before I delete all of it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Unread 07-06-12, 10:30 PM   #82
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe there needs to be a getbeer/setbeer pair.

Author of Revelation, Spamalyzer, TravelAgent, Volumizer, and many other AddOns.
Unread 07-08-12, 05:47 AM   #83
Talyrius
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by endx7 View Post
It appears that GetAddOnMetadata() is no longer returning data for X- prefixed TOC metadata fields.
Does anyone know if this is an intentional change or an oversight? Perhaps TSquared can shed some light on the situation.
Unread 07-08-12, 05:54 AM   #84
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Couldn't you just add those variables directly to the addon namespace?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
Unread 07-08-12, 07:57 AM   #85
Tuller
A Black Drake

Other addons may read the metadata for one reason or another (ex, some addon loaders).
Unread 07-09-12, 01:07 PM   #86
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
Does anyone know if this is an intentional change or an oversight? Perhaps TSquared can shed some light on the situation.
I posted in the dedicated thread as well, but this a known bug and should be fixed in the next build
Unread 07-10-12, 04:31 PM   #87
Lombra
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by yoshimo View Post
Try
Code:
IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(QuestID)
a lot weaker, but it seems to return 1 if completed and nil if not completed.
Why is it weaker? And am I understanding it right that this works without first needing to query anything?
Unread 07-10-12, 05:26 PM   #88
Phanx
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
Why is it weaker? And am I understanding it right that this works without first needing to query anything?
Well, for one, if you want to scan a lot (eg. hundreds or thousands) of quests, as you would in an addon whose purpose is to direct you to quests you haven't yet completed, you have to make hundreds or thousands of function calls.

By contast, with QueryQuestsCompleted/GetQuestsCompleted, you have two function calls, and then you have a table containing every quest you've completed. Hundreds or thousands of table lookups are much faster than the same number of function calls.
Please don’t PM me about addon bugs or code questions. Post a comment or forum thread instead!
Unread 07-10-12, 06:04 PM   #89
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
By contast, with QueryQuestsCompleted/GetQuestsCompleted, you have two function calls, and then you have a table containing every quest you've completed. Hundreds or thousands of table lookups are much faster than the same number of function calls.
GetQuestsCompleted will be returning in a coming beta patch. It will no longer require a call to QueryQuestsCompleted though.

Last edited by Guillotine : 07-10-12 at 06:12 PM.
Unread 07-10-12, 06:29 PM   #90
Nimhfree
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Guillotine View Post
GetQuestsCompleted will be returning in a coming beta patch. It will no longer require a call to QueryQuestsCompleted though.
As the author of Grail I am quite interested in what is happening in this area. Is there someplace where I can get this information? Basically I am using the new API for the moment by detecting a lack of the old API and creating a function that uses the new to mimic the old. However, in doing a "server query" basically I am looping through over 10,000 quests to ask for their status. I am impressed so far that the results are so quick (assuming they are in fact coming back correctly).
Unread 07-10-12, 06:46 PM   #91
Lombra
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Well, for one, if you want to scan a lot (eg. hundreds or thousands) of quests, as you would in an addon whose purpose is to direct you to quests you haven't yet completed, you have to make hundreds or thousands of function calls.

Yeah, that is true. Didn't think of checking incomplete quests, too. I just thought what was meant was that this new function is somehow not functionally similar to a table lookup (nevermind how you built said table), but I suppose the lack of a "all completed quests"-API is what was meant.
Unread 07-11-12, 07:32 AM   #92
gomisensei
A Defias Bandit
RequestBattlefieldPositions

What was RequestBattlefieldPositions changed to? I see it being deleted, but can't find what replaced it
Unread 07-11-12, 10:57 AM   #93
Ketho
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by gomisensei View Post
What was RequestBattlefieldPositions changed to? I see it being deleted, but can't find what replaced it
According to wowprogramming, GetBattlefieldPosition and the like were already deprecated in favor of GetPlayerMapPosition, since all battleground members are also your raid members

Last edited by Ketho : 07-11-12 at 12:03 PM. Reason: *battlegroup
Unread 07-11-12, 01:25 PM   #94
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
As the author of Grail I am quite interested in what is happening in this area. Is there someplace where I can get this information? Basically I am using the new API for the moment by detecting a lack of the old API and creating a function that uses the new to mimic the old. However, in doing a "server query" basically I am looping through over 10,000 quests to ask for their status. I am impressed so far that the results are so quick (assuming they are in fact coming back correctly).
This information is now available directly on the client and requires no server query. (Hence the removal of QueryQuestsCompleted.) The new IsQuestFlaggedCompleted function is the way to go if you want to know whether a particular quest is completed (e.g. which quests do I still need to complete for the mechanical chicken?), but the old GetQuestsCompleted function will still be made available for those who need an overarching view of what quests have been completed.
Unread 07-15-12, 06:30 AM   #95
Jarod24
A Cyclonian
I've been toying around with pet battles and here is what i got.

PET_BATTLE_FINAL_ROUND is done at the end of a battle. It returns a single integer argument: 1== Win 2== Lose/Forfeit

PET_BATTLE_OPENING_START triggers during the start. Has only what seems like a timestamp as its argument.

Does anyone however know the UnitID for these pets ?

If you as a monk for example call UnitHealth("pet") with your battle-pet summoned you get nothing returned since 'pet' is used for the hunter/warlock pets.
Unread 07-15-12, 06:36 AM   #96
Haleth
This Space For Rent

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
They use new functions and events entirely.

https://github.com/Ketho/wow-ui-sour...etBattleUI.lua

Code:
PET_BATTLE_PET_CHANGED
PET_BATTLE_MAX_HEALTH_CHANGED
PET_BATTLE_HEALTH_CHANGED
Code:
C_PetBattles.GetHealth(petOwner, petIndex)
petOwner and petIndex are table entries of the unit frame in question, e.g. PetBattleFrame.BottomFrame.PetSelectionFrame.Pet1.
Unread 07-16-12, 08:04 AM   #97
Jarod24
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
They use new functions and events entirely.

https://github.com/Ketho/wow-ui-sour...etBattleUI.lua

Code:
PET_BATTLE_PET_CHANGED
PET_BATTLE_MAX_HEALTH_CHANGED
PET_BATTLE_HEALTH_CHANGED
Code:
C_PetBattles.GetHealth(petOwner, petIndex)
petOwner and petIndex are table entries of the unit frame in question, e.g. PetBattleFrame.BottomFrame.PetSelectionFrame.Pet1.
Hm, too bad. All i really wanted was a nice simple way to ask about pet health at any time.
If the petbattleframe isnt visible/loaded then this will not work.
If i manually target my pet and use UnitHealth("target") then it returns the value.
Why would they not add a simple unitid-string that could be used aswell instead of having us go via the UI.
Unread 07-16-12, 08:15 AM   #98
Haleth
This Space For Rent

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I also hope they add a new macro condition for being in a pet battle - currently if you have custom action bars, pretty much all you can do is set their alpha to 0 and add a frame which blocks mouse events once the pet battle UI shows up.
Unread 07-16-12, 09:56 AM   #99
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I also hope they add a new macro condition for being in a pet battle - currently if you have custom action bars, pretty much all you can do is set their alpha to 0 and add a frame which blocks mouse events once the pet battle UI shows up.
A thousand times yes!

We have [vehicleui]

All we need is -

[possessui]

[extrabar]/][extrabutton]

[petbattleui]

Or, fix the [bonusbar] conditional to respond to all these states.

Just something before live hits

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: trinityui@live.com | Google Talk: trinityui@gmail.com
Unread 07-16-12, 11:27 AM   #100
Tuller
A Black Drake

I'd rather them be [petbattleui] [possessui], [extrabar] than [bonusbar:x] since its much less cryptic that way. Do we have some sort of suggestion on the official forums for this?

Go BackWoWInterface » WoD Beta » MoP archived threads » Beta API discussion